Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17853100 times)

Ice-Tea, Wolfgang and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #82475 on: February 14, 2021, 10:35:14 am »
Yes, I should be on Discord Saturday. When I reminded her that Sunday was Valentine's Day I got a completely unexpected response. She said "That's OK, everyday is Valentine's Day when I'm with you".  :o  Ever see a smurf blush?  :P :P :-DD
So is poor Larry is in for a molesting instead ?  :P

Won't make Discord (Sunday 9am in NZ) as it's a last minute mad panic to get ready for 3 days at EMEX showing off our wares to the unsuspecting public.  :-DD
A sea of Siglents maybe a dozen I haven't quite decided however it will all come together on setup Sunday.

Will drop a pic of it all here when I get a chance.

Gunna do like menm....off to ded.  :=\
Well what a right proper fuckup !
Loaded the wagon last evening all ready for a gentlemanly getaway ~9am to set up our stand for the 3 day Auckland EMEX show and buddy hendorog even dropped what he was doing to help the cook and I setup the stand with a dozen instruments and it all looked pretty mint and ready for tomorrows opening. Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

Life's good and then all hell breaks loose at 7pm when a 72hr Level 3 lockdown is announced for midnight ! FFS !  :wtf: 
EMEX cancelled again....3 times in under a year ! :rant:

Just past 8pm we get mail from the organizer allowing us until 10.30 pm to collect our display instruments and by 8.30 we had the skates on for the 35min drive to collect our gear and we were all packed and totally outta there by 10.15pm with our complete display, instruments, benches, posters, cabling, brochures and everything else. :phew:

So instead of 3 days on our feet flogging our wares to the unsuspecting public I'll be home on the PC annoying you buggers !  :-DD

Whatta letdown.  >:(
Think I'll drown my sorrows.  :popcorn:

That’s a complete shit show and a half. I bet any cash that changed hands for the stand isn’t refundable either.

Had a crappy experience with one of those exhibitions in the very early 90s. My father bought a container full of clone PC shite from Taiwan to try and shift at one and in magazines. Our house was wallpapered up to the ceiling in every room with ISA cards and mice :-DD. We loaded enough stock into a 7.5t van and cruised off to the hall. Got in, started unloading onto the rented stand the day before opening. Literally got it all set up and the venue cancelled the show with the organisers due to a heated dispute over who had paid who and who hadn’t. It took a year to get rid of all of the stock  :palm:

Edit: just remembered what the cards were: anyone remember those shitty hand held scanners you had to roll over stuff? House full of them!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:38:45 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #82476 on: February 14, 2021, 10:43:03 am »
That’s a complete shit show and a half. I bet any cash that changed hands for the stand isn’t refundable either.
They've had our dosh and it's not chump change since 2019 FFS !
https://www.emex.co.nz/news-and-media/
Gutted but what can ya do about it in these times yet I think they cursed it earlier today in an mail crowing about the record # of visitor registrations.  :horse:
Anyways we weren't allowed to flog stuff at the show so could only take any sales leads then have to do the donkey work ourselves.

Anyway a topical storm coming and we sure need the rain as the place is starting to look like Oz.  :scared:
Always look on the bright side of life...........so the song goes.
http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast1.php?type=rain&region=nzni&tim=018
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:48:02 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82477 on: February 14, 2021, 11:31:31 am »
Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

The Italian newspapers are riding the hipe wave!!!
nice... but until we come back in soccer properly... this is just a calmant.

Gee, I thought Britannia ruled the waves? Apparently not.  :o :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82478 on: February 14, 2021, 11:36:32 am »
Yes, I should be on Discord Saturday. When I reminded her that Sunday was Valentine's Day I got a completely unexpected response. She said "That's OK, everyday is Valentine's Day when I'm with you".  :o  Ever see a smurf blush?  :P :P :-DD

Won't make Discord (Sunday 9am in NZ) as it's a last minute mad panic to get ready for 3 days at EMEX showing off our wares to the unsuspecting public.  :-DD
A sea of Siglents maybe a dozen I haven't quite decided however it will all come together on setup Sunday.

Loaded the wagon last evening all ready for a gentlemanly getaway ~9am to set up our stand for the 3 day Auckland EMEX show and buddy hendorog even dropped what he was doing to help the cook and I setup the stand with a dozen instruments and it all looked pretty mint and ready for tomorrows opening. Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

Life's good and then all hell breaks loose at 7pm when a 72hr Level 3 lockdown is announced for midnight ! FFS !  :wtf: 

Just past 8pm we get mail from the organizer allowing us until 10.30 pm to collect our display instruments and by 8.30 we had the skates on for the 35min drive to collect our gear and we were all packed and totally outta there by 10.15pm with our complete display, instruments, benches, posters, cabling, brochures and everything else. :phew:

So instead of 3 days on our feet flogging our wares to the unsuspecting public I'll be home on the PC annoying you buggers !  :-DD

Well that sucks. But unfortunately it seems to be the new reality.  |O

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82479 on: February 14, 2021, 11:37:30 am »
Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

The Italian newspapers are riding the hipe wave!!!
nice... but until we come back in soccer properly... this is just a calmant.

Nope they really had their arse whipped........and 2 days in a row !  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #82480 on: February 14, 2021, 11:40:27 am »

It's more than a century since that was true. Considerably more.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, Specmaster

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82481 on: February 14, 2021, 11:41:27 am »

Looks much better after a whiskey and dry....think I'll have another...  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82482 on: February 14, 2021, 11:52:55 am »

Looks much better after a whiskey and dry....think I'll have another...  :popcorn:

It used to be that if you saw someone wearing a mask in public it looked rather odd. Now if you see someone NOT wearing a mask they look odd.  :-//

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82483 on: February 14, 2021, 12:07:07 pm »

It used to be that if you saw someone wearing a mask in public it looked rather odd. Now if you see someone NOT wearing a mask they look odd.  :-//
Not here in NZ, well not for the last few months anyway. On any sort of public transport yes as a few months back masks have been made compulsory however in reality we have zero community CV for months until a family of 3 positives surfaced today.
We had a positive a few weeks back however the woman had meticulous records of where she'd been with our NZ CV tracer app and it was thought that just ramping up testing would be sufficient to keep an eye on it yet the Aussies didn't think so and banned all flights from NZ for 72 hrs as a poke in the eye to us so the bumbling gubbermint sucked up to the Aussies this time and put us in lockdown for 72hrs.  :horse:
Cocks.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82484 on: February 14, 2021, 12:20:19 pm »

Not here in NZ, well not for the last few months anyway. On any sort of public transport yes as a few months back masks have been made compulsory however in reality we have zero community CV for months until a family of 3 positives surfaced today.
We had a positive a few weeks back however the woman had meticulous records of where she'd been with our NZ CV tracer app and it was thought that just ramping up testing would be sufficient to keep an eye on it yet the Aussies didn't think so and banned all flights from NZ for 72 hrs as a poke in the eye to us so the bumbling gubbermint sucked up to the Aussies this time and put us in lockdown for 72hrs.  :horse:

Bumbling gubbermint is everywhere. Because of my age and pre-existing condition (diabetes) I am eligible for the vaccine. I am on several waiting lists to get it including a local pharmacy. The problem? Not enough vaccine to go around. And yet, in NYS prisoners in jail are priority to get it and are being vaccinated. Now what kind of fucked up is that?  :horse:

I think I'll go rob a gas station.  ::)   

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82485 on: February 14, 2021, 12:34:09 pm »
"italian seamanship" always makes me think of this:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:36:56 pm by nixiefreqq »
free range primate

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Zucca, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82486 on: February 14, 2021, 12:35:49 pm »
"italian seamanship" always makes me thing of this:

Oops.  :-DD :-DD

It will buff out no sweat.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82487 on: February 14, 2021, 12:36:46 pm »
Nearly spilled my coffee laughing at that one. Well played  :-DD

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #82488 on: February 14, 2021, 12:38:13 pm »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

The following users thanked this post: doktor pyta, BU508A, med6753, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, nixiefreqq, factory, cyclin_al

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82489 on: February 14, 2021, 12:38:17 pm »

It's more than a century since that was true. Considerably more.

Well we have Trident still  :-DD

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82490 on: February 14, 2021, 12:39:17 pm »

Bumbling gubbermint is everywhere. Because of my age and pre-existing condition (diabetes) I am eligible for the vaccine. I am on several waiting lists to get it including a local pharmacy. The problem? Not enough vaccine to go around. And yet, in NYS prisoners in jail are priority to get it and are being vaccinated. Now what kind of fucked up is that?  :horse:

Yeah that sucks Med and I guess by your handle that you're 6 years older than me. Chatting to the international pilot neighbor before shooting into get our gear tonight and he expects to get his jab soon along with his wife (my ex sis in law) and stepson (nephew) from the few vaccines NZ is about to receive which will be our first so that should at least make his life easier not needing to be locked up after a flight duty for 3 days before he can return home to his loved ones. He told me a proposed flights to Guangzhou required 5 days compulsory quarantine in a facility before a return flight so I reckon any certificate of jab to escape that might be pretty attractive.  :-DD
We certainly have some shit to work through over the next little while.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82491 on: February 14, 2021, 12:48:05 pm »

Think we know who to blame for that. Turns out the vaccine reserve didn’t exist. Probably took the money and ran.

Despite our government being an unusually large shit show the vaccinations here are storming along. EU properly fucked their provision though and then tried to shaft us too. Really not amused about that.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #82492 on: February 14, 2021, 12:49:34 pm »
To the surprise of absolutely noone, the blood was spilled by yours truly.

Yes, yes...  We all guessed that.

The better question is "how did you do it?"  Stab yourself with the equipment itself?  Slip with a utility knife during a hot and heavy repair session?  Drop something your head while trying to place some sort of heavy gear on a high shelf, slicing head open and bleed all over everything, requiring stitches?

(P.S.  I did that last one myself a few months ago.  Well done.  Well done, I say...   :palm:)
(P.P.S. That one was caused partially by the complete failure of a rivet in a ladder, but more so due to my total failure to anticipate that particular outcome as being highly likely given the precarious situation.   :palm:)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82493 on: February 14, 2021, 12:52:05 pm »
To the surprise of absolutely noone, the blood was spilled by yours truly.

Yes, yes...  We all guessed that.

The better question is "how did you do it?"  Stab yourself with the equipment itself?  Slip with a utility knife during a hot and heavy repair session?  Drop something your head while trying to place some sort of heavy gear on a high shelf, slicing head open and bleed all over everything, requiring stitches?

(P.S.  I did that last one myself a few months ago.  Well done.  Well done, I say...   :palm:)
(P.P.S. That one was caused partially by the complete failure of a rivet in a ladder, but more so due to my total failure to anticipate that particular outcome as being highly likely given the precarious situation.   :palm:)
Normally a small screwdriver.....for me anyways.  :palm:
Pain is the best modifier of behaviour !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82494 on: February 14, 2021, 12:55:52 pm »
2am and it's getting heavier !  :clap:
Just about to start really pissing down here yet it's still 18C

http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast1.php?type=rain&region=nzni&tim=012

Off to ded like menm but with a couple of good scotches under the belt.  :popcorn:
 :=\
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:58:39 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82495 on: February 14, 2021, 01:35:40 pm »
Got my Covid jab last Thursday and I'm under 60. SWMBO is vunerable so as her carer I got one the same time as her. Well why wouldn't you when I'm sat in a chair right next to her.  Hers was actually quite late as medical advice was she waited for the AstraZeneca.

Blood on equipment normally preceeded by the thought, if this slips....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, cyclin_al

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82496 on: February 14, 2021, 01:38:46 pm »

Well what a shit show your government is then, they must have been planning this for a while? Never mind, you can annoy the shit out of us pommies a bit more than and you're always welcome.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82497 on: February 14, 2021, 01:40:11 pm »
Well here in New York 65 and older and automatically eligible. I got that beat by 2 years. But the supply isn't there and based upon what I see it won't be for quite a while. 

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82498 on: February 14, 2021, 01:42:34 pm »
Got my Covid jab last Thursday and I'm under 60. SWMBO is vunerable so as her carer I got one the same time as her. Well why wouldn't you when I'm sat in a chair right next to her.  Hers was actually quite late as medical advice was she waited for the AstraZeneca.

Blood on equipment normally preceeded by the thought, if this slips....
Be prepared for a slightly sore shoulder and neck for a while now then. I had a flue jab about 4 weeks ago and the Covid jab last week, in the same arm and it is aching now.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82499 on: February 14, 2021, 01:44:03 pm »

.....snip....

Never mind, you can annoy the shit out of us pommies a bit more than and you're always welcome.

:wtf: How come when I annoy you pommies I get yelled at?  :P :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, cyclin_al

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf