Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16682132 times)

factory and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #55975 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:48 pm »
Speak for yourself, me, oh I'm just fine, just been wrestling with a tumble-drier thats decided to shred its drive belt  :-DD I feel a new one will be coming soon, CBA to fuck about stripping out the motor and the drum to slip a new belt on it, only find that something else is going to go soon  :rant:

Mine didn't shred its belt, it just snapped right off. LG dryer. It was enough to compromise the structural integrity somewhat in order to get the new belt on. Then it shat its motor capacitor a year later (I wrote about it upthread, in a post detailing the virtues of having capacitance measuring equipment in-house. ) which was promptly replaced.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:52:44 pm by mansaxel »

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #55976 on: April 16, 2020, 06:58:49 pm »
will take out test equipment to check lambda levels and air intake plus temperatures on 2 cylinder banks as the ECU is logging an error ...
Apparently Cylinder 7 and 8 are suffering from misfires.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #55977 on: April 16, 2020, 07:33:40 pm »
I'm seeing people crack up right before my eyes. You all need to go wash windows or something before it becomes permanent.  :-DD

I dropped in to check the thread in between making an emergency steel cut oatmeal cookie delivery to a friend and first responder (while masked, walking alone, and maintaining proper physical distance whilst we shouted through his front door.  ;D) and doing outdoor chores and noticed this, too.

Maybe some of you guys need a hobby? Like, I dunno, collecting and repairing ancient and obscure electronic test equipment?

Oh, wait...
LOL.
Or engineering, lathes, coffee burning roasting, flying, RC toys, shooting .....if you really wanna turn heads and piss the neighbors off (we do regularly  >:D )

A couple of days down the workshop here catching up on busted stuff and creating a good amount of din with a 9" grinder and bashing shit straight with the sledgy. Radio muffs so can even hear the neighbors complaining......stuff em anyways, we on a mission and got things to do ! How dare they think they might impede progress !
I have a hobby: coming in here and kvetching at youzz guyzz. :-DD

While looking for some sacrificial wire to to wire up my thermistor (really; what else is a VGA cable good for?  >:D), I remembered that I have a baggie full of LM35s for making custom Lixx packs with integrated thermal monitoring. My charger has monitoring for these sensors built-in; plus 2 channels it can monitor. If I felt like wiring up a FTDI, I could even pipe that data out to LogView and chart it... :scared:

https://thomasannet.wixsite.com/portfolio/thermal-analysis-hotend

Typical temp at the heat break (cringe) transition area with PLA should be well under the 150°C max of the LM35, so all I need do is wire the stoopit thing up. Nice, tedious soldery-type work that is my preferred meditation. :-+

mnem
 :-/O
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:38:07 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline kleiner Rainer

• Regular Contributor
  • Rainer DG1SMD JN48ts
« Reply #55978 on: April 16, 2020, 08:22:24 pm »
Are all y'all feeling all right? Is the cabin fever treating everyone okay?
How DARE you say that to me! I demand satisfaction! Take this cutlass and step outside this instant!

Fine. Why would you think otherwise?  Oh, did I say that out loud?
    (Attachment Link)    

Oh... Sunday drive... on a Thursday...? How adventuresome!  :-

mnem
(Attachment Link)

Dragon? Car? This would be appropriate for a dragon, even soundwise  :-DD

<iframe width="1220" height="686" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ywjUujgp82k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rainer

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:25:06 pm by kleiner Rainer »

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55979 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:30 pm »
Should I get this for 750 ?!?!, the good man wanted 850 but maybe I can haggle it:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/schlumberger-voltmeter-7081-precision-solartron-digital/1374413441-168-7846

Neah, too far away and the bloody couriers will destroy it, maybe some Berliner may wand to get it.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55980 on: April 16, 2020, 09:24:10 pm »
Oh... a Sunday drive... on Thursday...? How adventuresome!   :-+

mnem

Dragon? Car? This would be appropriate for a dragon, even soundwise  :-DD

Rainer
   Especially if I have chili.  :-DD

mnem
...and whatever you do, don't give him a Chalupa!!! :scared:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #55981 on: April 17, 2020, 01:01:00 am »
Looking at page numbers .... I see we've hit the ton!

(Metric and American people probably won't get that...)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #55982 on: April 17, 2020, 01:06:02 am »
[I was talking about power cables...,

Me too. Count the power cords in the picture.  :-DD
I did notice.

and I'm well satisfied with my 5.5 digits.  That can get me into enough trouble on its own.  The 4 wire measurement is the key feature I will enjoy the most.

Every story has it's beginning. This is yours.   ;D  :-DMM  :-+
No, no, no .... no .... .... .... n...   :-\

So, I'll check them first if they are working. If not, I hopefully have then one or two parts mule. But by the look I think chances are good that they'll work. If they are working, I'm considering to offer them here. If somebody would be interested.  :-//
You are  >:D

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #55983 on: April 17, 2020, 01:10:09 am »
Full of Blue blingy displays  8)

Mega Anchor in the UK. @bd your bench is clear  :-DD eBay auction: #264659653426

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #55984 on: April 17, 2020, 01:33:40 am »
(Speaking of evil....)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55985 on: April 17, 2020, 01:51:53 am »
I resemble that and wear the pimping bling it requires with pride :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55986 on: April 17, 2020, 02:01:47 am »
Speaking of Pimping anyone want some Classic HP memorabilia? eBay auction: #184193415940

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #55987 on: April 17, 2020, 02:15:42 am »
I resemble that and wear the pimping bling it requires with pride :-DD

So you should.

Bean - the source of my entry into 5.5 digit territory.  Additional costs now include spray paint and IEC cord - with Kelvin clip leads next on the agenda.

I pray that this slow bleeding stops soon.  (Keep away from my carotid!)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #55988 on: April 17, 2020, 02:18:48 am »
You left your Jugular exposed !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, beanflying

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #55989 on: April 17, 2020, 02:20:15 am »
You're no help.    ;D

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55990 on: April 17, 2020, 03:06:31 am »
Speaking of Pimping anyone want some Classic HP memorabilia? eBay auction: #184193415940

I find the listing a bit suspect; it does remind me of the auction a few years ago which my pic of that part came from. I'd like to see it from all sides; it doesn't look like it has the notch in one end (so cut to fit inside the HDD cassette and act as a travel lock) that makes it a HP part rather than just cribbing from a crate.

mnem
Now THAT is a MFT of posts!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:08:33 am by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55991 on: April 17, 2020, 04:12:37 am »
was planning to see my daughter this week end, went to my car and found my left rear tire to be spiked.
If I can find that cunt who did that I'll be getting out the Burdizzo clamp.

as for insulting folks, I think Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is hard to beat.
Thanks for the education...although I'm not sure I wanted to know.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #55992 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:28 am »
was planning to see my daughter this week end, went to my car and found my left rear tire to be spiked.
If I can find that cunt who did that I'll be getting out the Burdizzo clamp.

as for insulting folks, I think Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is hard to beat.
Thanks for the education...although I'm not sure I wanted to know.

Not wanting to spoil anything, but I think it's safe to say that the US model of basic training was less of a long-time success to Gunnery Sgt Hartman than envisioned.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55993 on: April 17, 2020, 06:18:34 am »
Todays .....well the last few day's job finally finished....repairs to the tractor bull blade.
Chatting to a buddy about this welding job he said he Noah a guy with an ark welder.  ::)

A whole 5kg pack of rods went into this.

Anyways the old hard edge was busted in a couple of places and been repaired before so replacement time and the son's 14t digger had to lean on the blade to get it straight again before the mission to repair all the deep rust pits and redrill it for the new cutting edge bolt pattern.
Just before a final wire power brush and a super heavy coat of PA10.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, beanflying

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55994 on: April 17, 2020, 06:35:47 am »
Something far less agricultural here but same same. Strip repair and repaint of my Dad's 21st Birthday present (Makes it just on 60 years old) as the old Lacquer had well and truly cracked along with most of the underlying stain. Second coat of shellac drying and some wax to follow after several more. Possibly Beech but not sure.

Edit post 2nd Shellac colour check  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:45:08 am by beanflying »

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Mortymore, bd139

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #55995 on: April 17, 2020, 06:59:50 am »
The HP 8643A sig gen arrived today.  Shockingly, it was wrapped in about 1.5 layers of large bubble wrap than stuffed in a box that was about an an inch and a half larger than the wrapped instrument, and 'cushioned' with about 1 layer of peanuts.  Fortunately they put a double layer of bubble wrap on the faceplate, so it appears to be undamaged, but two of the rear feet were torn off (like in the threaded bosses they're screwed into broke).  :palm:
I have the broken bit of the casting for one of them (it stayed with the screw), but am going to have to try poking around in the crushed peanut detritus tomorrow to see if I can find the other one.

It doesn't boot completely - gets stuck in the 'calibration' routine, and after taking the cover off and firing it up, I find that the 24V DC supply is dropping out.  A CLIP scan from Artek is on order to troubleshoot it; should have that tomorrow.  May get some pics tomorrow, though there's currently no space on the bench for it.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55996 on: April 17, 2020, 07:18:40 am »
Remember that cute little drummer posted a few weeks back.....then she had ~850k subs and just passed 900k subs now.  :o

Anyways, she teamed up with her sis for a fav from my teen years:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #55997 on: April 17, 2020, 07:31:20 am »
I got a big kick out of her sister's various time-killing methods between the cowbell parts.  Sina's a very impressive drummer, and has great musical taste.
 :-+ :-+ :-+

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #55998 on: April 17, 2020, 08:10:40 am »
Yes. The thing is: I've bought from this seller (ebay Kleinanzeigen) just one of them, got a lower price than he was asking for. (wanted 350 Euros, got it finally for 280 including the cable with the Fischer connector). Then, three weeks later or so he came back to me and asked, if I want to buy another two of them. He found them in his basement, condition unkown. Offered me them for 100 Euro per device. And guess what? I said yes.  :palm:
So, I'll check them first if they are working. If not, I hopefully have then one or two parts mule. But by the look I think chances are good that they'll work. If they are working, I'm considering to offer them here. If somebody would be interested.  :-//

I've converted three into two, and wonder what I could/should do with the spare Panaplex display panel  :)

I've seen quite a few (>12?) up for auction recently.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55999 on: April 17, 2020, 08:14:57 am »

I find the listing a bit suspect; it does remind me of the auction a few years ago which my pic of that part came from. I'd like to see it from all sides; it doesn't look like it has the notch in one end (so cut to fit inside the HDD cassette and act as a travel lock) that makes it a HP part rather than just cribbing from a crate.

mnem
Now THAT is a MFT of posts!
You can clearly see that it does not have the same notch that yours has, so if yours is the real deal, then this one is clearly an imposter.  >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf