Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16708275 times)

KG7AMV, Vince and 99 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #51550 on: March 08, 2020, 01:13:50 am »
Great White North is more a state... err, Commonwealth of mind.

;)

mnem
Fortunately, we just got back from a COSTCO run a few daze ago.  :P
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #51551 on: March 08, 2020, 01:23:36 am »
Or maybe it's just me I'm not sure ?  :-// maybe I should go buy some more bags of toilet paper and pasta.

Especially orzo.  One of my favorites.  I like it in soup.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51552 on: March 08, 2020, 01:30:09 am »
This is all urban legend, we are not that far in the north.

Well of course, from the perspective of a Londoner at about 51º 30' north, a lot of you Canadians are southerners, eh.

Saskatoon's at 52º 15' N is about level with Birmingham, Vancouver at 49º 15' N, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Halifax, are all south of Vancouver. Of all the bigger cities that most people outside Canada have heard of only Edmonton at 53º 30' (about level with Manchester) is north of London. You have to get into Yukon, the Northwestern Territories or Nunavut before you pass north of the UK mainland up until where Shetland at around 60º N marks the nearest we get to the Arctic Circle.

Edited to add: I've just realised that Halifax (the faux nouveaux one) is well south of Halifax, Yorkshire. Ditto the ersatz London in Ontario.

Did nobody who headed west from England have the wits to think up some new place names?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:41:27 am by Cerebus »
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #51553 on: March 08, 2020, 01:45:13 am »
Great White North is more a state... err, Commonwealth of mind.

;)

mnem
Fortunately, we just got back from a COSTCO run a few daze ago.  :P

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #51554 on: March 08, 2020, 01:55:39 am »
So as I did it I wonder if it has a pulse  :-// it is still however 'cute' if not  >:D eBay auction: #313014244377 From the late 60's before I was born sub 30pS spec Tunnel Diode based https://testequipment.center/Product_Documents/Agilent-1105A-Operations-Manual-C7EB6.pdf

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51555 on: March 08, 2020, 01:56:10 am »
Did nobody who headed west from England have the wits to think up some new place names?

There's a city (might be a village) named Berlin in the states. It's not super far from Milan (USA, not Italy)  ;D

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #51556 on: March 08, 2020, 02:43:56 am »
So as I did it I wonder if it has a pulse  :-// it is still however 'cute' if not  >:D eBay auction: #313014244377 From the late 60's before I was born sub 30pS spec Tunnel Diode based https://testequipment.center/Product_Documents/Agilent-1105A-Operations-Manual-C7EB6.pdf

First time I've seen one. Did you get it?
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51557 on: March 08, 2020, 02:49:47 am »
Yep. They seem to have been a thing used with the early high frequency scopes for TDR and the recent talk about Pulse Generators here made me do it  >:D

Page 9 https://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/pdfs/IssuePDFs/1966-10.pdf
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker, mnementh, Kosmic

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #51558 on: March 08, 2020, 03:49:56 am »
I dropped into the local supermarket today. Only needed a few things but my route to get them took me past the pasta section - looked like locusts had been through, about 3 packets left, all of things that most people have no clue what to do with like orzo. Even the wholewheat pasta was cleaned out.

Was pretty normal over here. But I guess it's a question of time  :-\

Well, in the Great White North you'd expect that folks had some basic preparedness for times you might not be able to get out of the house for a week or so in the winter. Even my sister in law in sleepy urban Kelowna gets snowed in from time to time. So I guess you all won't feel the need to go out and get emergency supplies quite as much as the suburbanites of London or Sydney, some of whom don't have more than 1 or 2 days worth of food on hand at any time. Judging from the number of young people around here who seem to get a takeaway delivered every day there are probably some who'd starve of they had to buy, store and prepare food themselves.

For about ten years, I lived part time in the San Luis Valley in southern Colorado. It was fifteen minutes just to get to the two line "highway" and about an hour to the nearest town and grocery store. I only had to spend two hours in the truck once or twice because we ran out of toilet paper or rice to get pretty good at stocking the house for six weeks at a go. When we moved to Portland, things got a little easier but old habits die hard, so there's usually a month's worth of necessities tucked away around here. 

In Colorado, that's just what you did.  In Portland, it classifies you as a prepper.     :-DD
specialization is for insects.

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51559 on: March 08, 2020, 06:03:21 am »
Yep. They seem to have been a thing used with the early high frequency scopes for TDR and the recent talk about Pulse Generators here made me do it  >:D

Page 9 https://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/pdfs/IssuePDFs/1966-10.pdf

Did it come with a tunnel diode mount?  That is the rare part.

I got an HP 1104A back in 2005, and I'm still looking for a tunnel diode for it :-//

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51560 on: March 08, 2020, 06:06:25 am »
ETA next week and brought/sold as untested. Worst case it will be a massively overpriced cute case to Fit another modern Pulse Generator into.  :palm:

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51561 on: March 08, 2020, 06:45:20 am »
And as the first Beer of the Afternoon is sipped. Some 4 lots of shellacking topped off with some Mr Miyagi Wax on Wax Off action and my little cutting bench is now way to pretty to use ;D The first scratch or slip with the Saw will hurt more than just a bit  :'(

Nice to finally 'finish' one  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #51562 on: March 08, 2020, 08:54:20 am »
Just for the heads up (somebody asked me to do so, have forgotten who it was, sorry | Disclaimer: I have no affiliations with that seller):

Just to let you know.

That was me, thanks!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51563 on: March 08, 2020, 10:31:26 am »
So today’s task is to find some toilet paper  :palm:. Down to three rolls. I usually have about 45-60 in but my stocking has been pretty lax recently. Not panic buying, 9 rolls will do.

I am actually more worried about protecting myself from my fellow citizens than any natural or biological disasters if I’m honest. There are a lot of barely evolved morons being influenced by the Daily Mail and Sun at the moment who are panic stricken after being programmed for years into fearing everything because it sells

Edit: so I got toilet roll. Turns out that the early bird catches the worm. Within ten minutes of the store doors opening there were people fighting over the last two packs. Also to note only the cheap shit is all gone. For example there is no pasta other than expensive brand stuff. Fucking morons
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:48:18 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: grizewald

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #51564 on: March 08, 2020, 10:49:51 am »
I will do what I do most days. Shun the human race as much as possible. It's best for my blood pressure and mood. For while we all have assholes there are those many who speak with there's. And others who are just plain stupid.

And stay away from the toilet paper in the stores. It's contaminated.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51565 on: March 08, 2020, 10:53:12 am »
Hahaha. That’s hilarious.

There are people now literally fighting over the last few rolls. I’m waiting in the queue until the checkouts open at the moment.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #51566 on: March 08, 2020, 10:53:46 am »
Oh...and the Apple Fan Boys are lining up at the stores for these....
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51567 on: March 08, 2020, 10:56:10 am »
So today’s task is to find some toilet paper  :palm:. Down to three rolls. I usually have about 45-60 in but my stocking has been pretty lax recently. Not panic buying, 9 rolls will do.

'My stocking has been pretty lax recently' - that's a euphemism I hadn't heard before!

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51568 on: March 08, 2020, 10:56:39 am »

The following users thanked this post: grizewald

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51569 on: March 08, 2020, 10:56:59 am »
Oh...and the Apple Fan Boys are lining up at the stores for these....

The memes are good with this disease so far  :-DD

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51570 on: March 08, 2020, 11:03:46 am »
The world has truly gone mad!

:-DD
  Lord of Sealand

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51572 on: March 08, 2020, 11:17:31 am »

I am actually more worried about protecting myself from my fellow citizens than any natural or biological disasters if I’m honest. There are a lot of barely evolved morons being influenced by the Daily Mail and Sun at the moment who are panic stricken after being programmed for years into fearing everything because it sells

Edit: so I got toilet roll. Turns out that the early bird catches the worm. Within ten minutes of the store doors opening there were people fighting over the last two packs. Also to note only the cheap shit is all gone. For example there is no pasta other than expensive brand stuff. Fucking morons
Thanks for that encouraging news, I'm just about to pop and get a bit of shopping but nothing like that, just some coke, milk, grapes some steak to make a casserole with but lets see what those morons are up to in my neck of the woods then, let battle commence  :box:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51574 on: March 08, 2020, 11:28:40 am »

It's not limited to westward travellers. Take a look at South Africa: Aberdeen, Llandudno, Dundee, Motherwell, Scarborough, East London, Ramsgate, Belfast, Margate, Worcester, Sutherland, Newcastle, York and Dublin.

Interestingly, Belfast and Dublin are approximately the same distance apart as their counterparts in Ireland, but tend to get on better with each other.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf