Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17705870 times)

Vince, dxl and 83 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #41000 on: October 11, 2019, 12:23:02 am »
Stopped in Hope, Arkansas (about 90 min short of Little Rock) for a stretch and some Subway.

So far, no casualties.  :-DD

mnem
*dwiving-dwagon*

And at least you are out of Texas.  :-+

If he's following the Interstate 30 and after Little Rock the Interstate 40 then he can greet Elvis in Memphis.   :-+  8)

Yeah... Finally got out; will take a couple more showers to wash the stink of Oil City off my haunches, tho.

We're having dinner at a restaurant in the outskirts of Memphis; we considered Graceland but mom-in-law went last summer; hugely overpaid and was hugely underwhelmed.

Wife has all day plans for Nashville, about 3 more hours driving tonight.

@nixiefreqq - I'm a Peesborg jagov from way back; shouldn't be too much effort to upscale that to proper hoser-dozer status.  :-DD

mnem
yummm... Dinner from bits o' cow...
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #41001 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:41 am »
Hahaha added to the print list. I'm sure someone has done one  :-DD

Like in life there is plenty of swirly steaming piles on Thingiverse just add colour  ;)

@mnmemth trust you haven't reached this level YET  ;D

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: tautech, bd139

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #41002 on: October 11, 2019, 04:08:48 am »
Back from the coast and at my bench for a couple of hours. The YO-901 multiscope is finished and buttoned up. The missing two tone generator signal turned out to be a bad cable between the PCB and the output jack.  The missing marker (in bandscope mode) was the result of a couple of dirty pots and trimmers. Deoxit to the rescue.  I posted photos of the two tone and marker output in the original thread.  This one is done and ready to find a new home.

If I don't sell some of this gear at Rickreall, I imagine I will finally take the ebay plunge.  Need to clear out the gear I've cleaned up, adjusted, repaired, etc to make room on the shelves for... more stuff! :-DD

And the replacement electrolytics (for the the tektronix 106) arrived while I was gone. I will put it on the bench tomorrow and, hopefully, finish repairing and calibrating it.
specialization is for insects.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41003 on: October 11, 2019, 04:10:34 am »
Stopped in Hope, Arkansas (about 90 min short of Little Rock) for a stretch and some Subway.

So far, no casualties.  :-DD

mnem
*dwiving-dwagon*

And at least you are out of Texas.  :-+

If he's following the Interstate 30 and after Little Rock the Interstate 40 then he can greet Elvis in Memphis.   :-+  8)

Yeah... Finally got out; will take a couple more showers to wash the stink of Oil City off my haunches, tho.

We're having dinner at a restaurant in the outskirts of Memphis; we considered Graceland but mom-in-law went last summer; hugely overpaid and was hugely underwhelmed.

Wife has all day plans for Nashville, about 3 more hours driving tonight.

@nixiefreqq - I'm a Peesborg jagov from way back; shouldn't be too much effort to upscale that to proper hoser-dozer status.  :-DD

mnem
yummm... Dinner from bits o' cow...

Peesborg? I dun think so! I do believe you hail from a bit southwest of the big city. Which should make it even easier to upscale.  ;D

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #41004 on: October 11, 2019, 04:20:34 am »

@mnmemth trust you haven't reached this level YET  ;D

(Attachment Link)

When we go on vacation southbound, getting out of the country is one boring 600km drive to the ferry to Germany or bridge to Denmark. Children usually start wondering in the vicinity of Nyköping if we're there soon. That's 1/6 of the path, which means that the question probably came up somewhere between Livingston and Lufkin, TX, for mnem. (I'm using Google maps for fastest route Houston-Memphis-Nashville-border to Canada)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41005 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:17 am »
Touched down in Nashville 2AM local. Pretty much fell into our motel room; killing a couple minutes here while I wait for the bathroom to be free.

@wch - Found me out! McKeesport, W. Mifflin, Dormont, Mt. Lebanon, Squirrel Hill.

No “Are we there yet...” but DID have “the talk” with my 12-year-old son whiling away the miles...  :o

Whoops... bathroom’s free. Gotta get in there before the boy takes it over...

mnem
“Daddy... what are my juevos connected to...?”
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #41006 on: October 11, 2019, 07:37:31 am »
Safe journey mnem.

Should you need our companion, just share your live location 24/7.  >:D  :-DD ... j/k

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #41007 on: October 11, 2019, 09:30:55 am »
Touched down in Nashville 2AM local. Pretty much fell into our motel room; killing a couple minutes here while I wait for the bathroom to be free.

Isn't it Nashville the center of this strange kind of music? Reminds me about those two guys:

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41008 on: October 11, 2019, 09:43:40 am »
Yep both kinds of Music  :-DD

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41009 on: October 11, 2019, 11:18:49 am »
Not that I need any of them but a couple of Interesting LCR meters and a nice Passive Bridge that are decent prices.

eBay auction: #123894643250 HP 4260A
eBay auction: #113831597613 Protek Z216
eBay auction: #263953162529 Danbridge UB1 (given the country of sale 'perfect' condition  ;) )

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41010 on: October 11, 2019, 12:29:19 pm »
I would just like the opportunity to say "fuck GSP" as the shipping on that 4260A to here is more expensive than the item! :(

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41011 on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:23 pm »
Greedy Seller, same result to Oz btw. My current toy I am waiting on the seller screwed up the other way ;) eBay auction: #264459255508 10kg+ for $17 USD >:D

Offline Martin.M

• Frequent Contributor
  • in Tek we trust
    • vintage Tek collection
« Reply #41012 on: October 11, 2019, 12:39:00 pm »
anyone here want to come here and put me my radio on the workbench?
coffe is free  :)

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, med6753, bd139, InductorbackEMF, factory, Kosmic

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41013 on: October 11, 2019, 12:42:40 pm »
You pay for me and my Trolley and I will bring some Coffee Beans  :)

The following users thanked this post: InductorbackEMF

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41014 on: October 11, 2019, 12:50:50 pm »
If you are near Cologne, let me know when I should call by. Haven't had back problems for almost 2 weeks now.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41015 on: October 11, 2019, 04:00:16 pm »

@wch - Found me out! McKeesport, W. Mifflin, Dormont, Mt. Lebanon, Squirrel Hill.

mnem
“Daddy... what are my juevos connected to...?”

I would like to note the gradual upgrade path implied in that sequence.  :-DD

Safe travels!

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #41016 on: October 11, 2019, 04:01:26 pm »
anyone here want to come here and put me my radio on the workbench?
coffe is free  :)

(Attachment Link)

Nice portable you have there, Martin.   :-+  Great for a picnic after hiking into the mountains, a walk along the beach...   ;D

(I think I'd work on it on the floor - easier on the back that way - less likely to blow out a disc.)

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41017 on: October 11, 2019, 04:07:39 pm »
I would just like the opportunity to say "fuck GSP" as the shipping on that 4260A to here is more expensive than the item! :(

Actually $51 to move to Kentucky via Fedaxe and $30 for the international bit, the front would probably get smashed up by GSP anyway.

Greedy Seller, same result to Oz btw. My current toy I am waiting on the seller screwed up the other way ;) eBay auction: #264459255508 10kg+ for $17 USD >:D

US shipping included in the price, only GSP losing out, which I don't give a shit about.

David
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:10:08 pm by factory »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41018 on: October 11, 2019, 04:10:09 pm »

Actually $51 to move to Kentucky via Fedaxe and $30 for the international bit, the front would probably get smashed up by GSP anyway.

Indeed. I know someone who ordered a simple plush toy off eBay from the US and it looked like someone along the line had knifed it up the butt  :palm:

Offline Martin.M

• Frequent Contributor
  • in Tek we trust
    • vintage Tek collection
« Reply #41019 on: October 11, 2019, 04:25:49 pm »
hello Pat,

the Oldie Collection get a Job now,

The Telefunken E108Lw4 will get complete all blocking C new (a large bunch of 100 / 47 / 22nF),
there is the BFO C to swap, defekt ball bearing there..)
and some bulbs in the front glass. I have done a lot of work in the radio but not all, so this is to do now.
dec.24 is SAQ time,  17,2kHz CW. E108 starts at 10kHz and have a BFO, so I want to use him  ^-^
it is the german R389
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:27:35 pm by Martin.M »

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41020 on: October 11, 2019, 04:44:05 pm »

Indeed. I know someone who ordered a simple plush toy off eBay from the US and it looked like someone along the line had knifed it up the butt  :palm:

Must be their standard operating procedure, open with big knife, if that doesn't ruin it throw it off the truck a few times, then repack badly.  :palm:
Here is one with silly shipping eBay auction: #264490897624 (HP scope module), $70 for Kentucky to UK.  :--

That seller has a lot of unusual items, most are very expensive though.

I've been nearly tempted by this one before eBay auction: #264491911444 (Yokogawa 2504), but not sure if it can be converted for UK voltage, can't find any manuals and listing doesn't have best offer.

David

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41021 on: October 11, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »

Invisible too...

mnem
 :o
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:21:02 pm by mnementh »

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41022 on: October 11, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »
mnem

So they don't even mention the cameras?
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41023 on: October 11, 2019, 06:23:10 pm »
mnem

So they don't even mention the cameras?
Anybody looks in on me in the bathroom deserves what they get.  >:D

mnem
"That's no space station; it's a MOON!!!"

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41024 on: October 11, 2019, 06:49:57 pm »

Isn't it Nashville the center of this strange kind of music? Reminds me about those two guys:

Yeah, but it is home to the Grand Ole Oprey; and no matter where you come from, it is an important place in music history.

This weekend they're doing Dolly Parton's 50th Anniversary with the Oprey; lots of festivities we're probably going to try & get in on.

While I'm generally not a fan of "Country & Western", I AM a big fan of Dolly Parton; she carved herself a place "in the money" part of an industry pretty much owned by "The good ol' boy network", and she did it by sheer force of will alone. An amazing woman.

And of course, the Oprey has always supported every form of Folk music; Blues, Pop, Rock & even Jazz music wouldn't be what they are without the promotion & meeting space the Oprey continues to provide up & coming performers from all over the South.

mnem

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf