Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17496814 times)

GLouie and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #11700 on: June 05, 2018, 09:54:21 pm »
Disappearing for a bit. Not sure how long. May post but much less frequently. Need to throw everything I have into a business venture. Dropping this here in case anyone thinks I’ve been killed by an HT circuit, a falling scope or an angry SWMBO :D ... fear not I shall return in force shortly :)

(And no I’m not sinning by selling any more gear  :-DD)

Best of luck on the business venture! We'll be anxiously awaiting your return. :-+

Warning: it's quite the endeavor to catch up with this thread if you're gone too long. ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #11701 on: June 06, 2018, 12:54:16 am »
Disappearing for a bit. Not sure how long. May post but much less frequently. Need to throw everything I have into a business venture. Dropping this here in case anyone thinks I’ve been killed by an HT circuit, a falling scope or an angry SWMBO :D ... fear not I shall return in force shortly :)

Obviously posted by bd139's wife to cover her tracks. CONFESS!

Naaahhh... I've seen this pattern before.  :o I think he got "Penis Fingers" slammed in a trunklid and needs time to heal...  :-DD

mnem
Now the question becomes whether he did it himself, or if she was involved...
Nah, its none of those, can't you guess it? He's on his way to a small electronics shop in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  :-DD :-DD :-DD

Yea....isn't that odd. No sooner did I post that then he sez he's got a new business venture and won't be around for a while.

I'll bet he's on a flight right now to JFK with a connecting flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Be on the lookout for a crazed Englishman driving on the wrong side of the road.  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11702 on: June 06, 2018, 01:15:29 am »

Obviously posted by bd139's wife to cover her tracks. CONFESS!

Naaahhh... I've seen this pattern before.  :o I think he got "Penis Fingers" slammed in a trunklid and needs time to heal...  :-DD

mnem
Now the question becomes whether he did it himself, or if she was involved...
Nah, its none of those, can't you guess it? He's on his way to a small electronics shop in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  :-DD :-DD :-DD

Yea....isn't that odd. No sooner did I post that then he sez he's got a new business venture and won't be around for a while.

I'll bet he's on a flight right now to JFK with a connecting flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Be on the lookout for a crazed Englishman driving on the wrong side of the road.  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
Yep, you could be right about that too, knowing his love for Tek gear, one thing we do know for sure is that he'll need some thing a little bigger than his little Fiat to get that lot home, more like a fleet of artic lorries, better hope his navigation has improved   :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11703 on: June 06, 2018, 01:40:39 am »

Yep, you could be right about that too, knowing his love for Tek gear, one thing we do know for sure is that he'll need some thing a little bigger than his little Fiat to get that lot home, more like a fleet of artic lorries, better hope his navigation has improved   :-DD
I suggest an Alvis Stalwart (MkII, for the HIAB crane)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #11704 on: June 06, 2018, 06:18:30 am »
Sonofabitch!   >:( >:( >:( >:(  I went through Las Cruces back in November for a field test, IN A FRIGGIN' BOX TRUCK!    :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

If only I'd known...   :(

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11705 on: June 06, 2018, 06:51:07 am »
"Excuse me, Mate? Which way to Las Cruces, NM?"

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11706 on: June 06, 2018, 07:34:28 am »
Sonofabitch!   >:( >:( >:( >:(  I went through Las Cruces back in November for a field test, IN A FRIGGIN' BOX TRUCK!    :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

If you'd known, then you'd probably no longer have a floor left in your house. Also, depending on your soil conditions, it could've led to the spontaneous creation of a basement.

Hmm, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps more stable temp in a basement lab (assuming moisture isn't an issue).

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #11707 on: June 06, 2018, 08:18:27 am »

If you'd known, then you'd probably no longer have a floor left in your house. Also, depending on your soil conditions, it could've led to the spontaneous creation of a basement.

Hmm, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps more stable temp in a basement lab (assuming moisture isn't an issue).

Yeah, and I'd be broke from shipping things home, too.  Eventually I want to get a bunch of stuff set up in the basement, but for now it's too full.  Wish it was bigger, too.  Split level house, so only half is 'basement', and half is crawl space.  And the revised garage layout took half of the half that was basement.

-Pat

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #11708 on: June 06, 2018, 08:25:44 am »

Now THAT is a plan!  Transport AND storage!!   :-+

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11709 on: June 06, 2018, 08:38:15 am »

Now THAT is a plan!  Transport AND storage!!   :-+
Yep, with those wheels he'd be able to get a double layer in, no sweat  :-DD

Unlike the time I took a truckload of transformers from Chelmsford to Sheffield, only 500VA ones, a single layer on the floor in a 3 ton box van, I had 2 front tyres blowout on me on the M1, one after the other, due to having too much weight on the front wheels. I had move hundreds of the things and put a double layer over the back wheels  in order prevent further blowouts. Then I had to drive it like I had a load of eggs in the back to prevent them all from sliding forwards under braking and having further blowouts. That was the slowest trip of my life that was, made up for it on the return trip, I was empty and I made that truck fly.  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #11710 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:36 am »
Here it is....

http://www.edgardigital.com/

Damn....I wish I closer.  :rant:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11711 on: June 06, 2018, 04:47:06 pm »
Yep, they even have a lab cat. http://www.edgardigital.com/gallery.php

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11712 on: June 06, 2018, 05:06:13 pm »
No lab is complete without a lab cat :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #11713 on: June 06, 2018, 05:30:01 pm »
They have a suspicious amount of analogue kit for a shop that has "digital" in the name.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11714 on: June 06, 2018, 05:43:10 pm »
20% off "everything" coupon on eBay today. https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0606/66165.html

Quote from: eBay
This Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 7:00 AM PT June 6, 2018 until 7:00 PM PT on June 6, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca, and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.
Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca.

Time to buy an Amscope Trinocular Simul-Focus? Decisions, decisions.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:45:44 pm by bitseeker »

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #11715 on: June 06, 2018, 07:18:43 pm »
This is a good coupon.  They always appear right after I buy something on ebay.  I bought something this morning, then a little while later this coupon appears.  So, to everyone who takes advantage of this, you're welcome.  :)

So, now I've got to buy something with the coupon.  Decisions, indeed!

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11716 on: June 06, 2018, 10:29:15 pm »
This is a good coupon.  They always appear right after I buy something on ebay.  I bought something this morning, then a little while later this coupon appears.  So, to everyone who takes advantage of this, you're welcome.  :)

This happens because you actually live in the solipsistic BillB-Murphy universe and the rest of us are figments of your imagination, except for Murphy of course.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11717 on: June 06, 2018, 11:56:27 pm »
I wish you'd imagined me with better looks though, Bill B, rather than looking like Burt Reynolds' Grandad during a famine.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #11718 on: June 07, 2018, 03:07:35 am »

This happens because you actually live in the solipsistic BillB-Murphy universe and the rest of us are figments of your imagination, except for Murphy of course.
I wish you'd imagined me with better looks though, Bill B, rather than looking like Burt Reynolds' Grandad during a famine.

Hey... why do I suddenly look like a saddlebag with eyes?  :-DD

I took advantage of the evilBay coupon to save $40 on the Class 3 Draw-tite trailer hitch, etc I've been meaning to get for my wife's new car. Got free shipping, plus the plug & play Tekonsha wiring adapter kit for pretty much free. Even got the little bracket to hold the ribbon connector on the trailer hitch and a 4" drop tongue for $154.

As if I don't have enough to do already...

mnem
Yes, this is MY Father's Day.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:11:19 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #11719 on: June 07, 2018, 03:15:50 am »
No lab is complete without a lab cat :-+

And an orange lab cat, too - the finest variety (apart from the breed's natural inclination towards mischief) of felis laboratus.   :-+ :-+

-Pat

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #11720 on: June 07, 2018, 04:52:58 am »
His name couldn't possibly be anything other than Cat5  :-DD

mnem
Cat III-600V is too much of a mouthful.  :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:55:12 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #11721 on: June 07, 2018, 05:26:44 am »
I like the ones than go from Cat5 to Cat5e - when they extend themselves to about three times their body length.

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11722 on: June 07, 2018, 05:59:51 am »
The quality of these puns is very.... paw. baddum-tum-tssssh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11723 on: June 07, 2018, 08:35:38 am »
Cor this thread is schitzophrenic. You don't notice when you don't sit there refreshing it 5 times an hour :D ... some quick replies...

Specmaster: HP3478A is all yours - feel free to place a bid  :-DD

Cats: horrid diseased animals that make your kit furry and spitty. Ick.

Trucks: saw a suitable vehicle for TEA aquisitions. Man 6 ton army doodah:

Contrary to popular belief, no SWMBO didn't murder me and is now sitting here wearing my hollowed out skin posting on here (or was that mixed with a dream I had :D). Nor did I get my penis fingers trapped in something and have to rest up  ::)

What is happening is that I sold something which doesn't exist yet to someone on the basis that I deliver it on a risky as fuck deadline. Ergo 18 hours a day programming and consumption of red bull. Got a break today while I wait for a couple of servers to arrive so dropping a quick post in here. Getting a bit old this now though - life is usually slow and methodical now but this is going back to circa 2000 startup mode :scared: ... result is likely to mean I can devote many more hours to TEA so this has a positive trade off  :-+

Offline stenbror

• Supporter
  • Software developer / Electrical Engineer
« Reply #11724 on: June 07, 2018, 09:43:21 am »
Nice. I have two that doesnt do much to help around the lab.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf