Author Topic: Tablet Oscilloscope-tbook, a new kind DSO.  (Read 104202 times)

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Re: Tablet Oscilloscope-tbook, a new kind DSO.
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2013, 10:19:31 am »
I've noticed those 54000 series scopes tend to sell for less than other scopes of that vintage. I guess people don't want them.
Maybe because many of them have those poor 20MS/s ADCs.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:22 am »
I don't know who will ever buy this Micsig touch oscilloscope. It is not a cheap scope for beginners.

Since no pricing has been announced yet, AFAIK, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Professionals will buy a scope with proper front panel.

And who is to say a touch screen is not a "proper" front panel (control surface)?  You?  Based on what experience?

A rotary encoder is much better than a touch screen,

That's one opinion.  And it might even be correct.   :)  But I'd want to actually see and try the alternative, before passing judgement.

...especially for a big, expensive scope not designed for holding in your hand.

I missed any claim by Micsig that these were designed to be hand-held.   :-//  Where did you see that?  In fact, since they already have an entire line of scopes specifically designed to be hand-held, I'd think these might be expected to be used somewhat differently.

And again, you've decided that these will be expensive scopes.  I'm not sure how, other than you seem to enjoy bashing a product that has been announced, but not yet released.

To be clear, I'm just as interested as anyone else here in getting some questions answered, and seeing these in operation.  But there's been no claim these are shipping yet, and it's apparent that these are pre-release announcements, intended to make folks aware of upcoming products.  That's not at all unusual, though many of use here would like to hear that they're shipping, along with prices, the minute we've discovered they exist (or will soon).   :rant:  We're an impatient lot.

I'm willing to wait a bit, and see what they've come up with.  It could be really slick, or it could be a miss.  Tactile feedback from knobs and buttons can be very useful (we're certainly used to it), but a direct-manipulation interface where you interact directly with the on-screen objects may have some benefits as well.  We won't know that until we get a chance to test it and see.  The success of this will totally hinge on their UI, and how well they pull it off.  It could be really great, and change the minds of some nay-sayers here.  Or it could be blah, and fade out quickly.

Why not wait and see, rather than coming to (negative) conclusions before you've even seen what it is or can do?  I honestly don't understand the negative backlash of all the bashing and childish mockery in this thread, which has really been over the top, IMO.  The worst crime they've committed is to announce an upcoming product before it's shipping.  No other scope manufacturer has ever done that?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:44:11 am by Mark_O »

Offline MicsigTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2013, 05:18:30 am »

[/quote]

Thanks very much for your netral and sincere opinions to us. i do not know why they posted negative info here. but i belive the true product can say anything. let us wait to see it.

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2013, 05:24:23 am »
if the touchscreen is done right this could be very handy.
Multifinger zoom , drag traces around. if you scroll it should have that apple scroll feel where it starts fast and decays slowly , hitting the end springs back.

you dont really need hard buttons or knobs. but, the touchscreen interface needs ot be done right.
:-+ :-+, we spent too much time on this reserach, especially the user's habbit and feelings.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:51 am »

Thanks very much for your netral and sincere opinions to us. i do not know why they posted negative info here. but i belive the true product can say anything. let us wait to see it.
So how long do we have to wait ? When will it be available? When will we see a video of it working?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:05:41 pm by mikeselectricstuff »
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline wluwlu1234

• Contributor
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2013, 11:34:10 am »
Hi there...being based in Europe errhh. Belgium to be exact I tried already some half year ago contacting this company to inquiry about their handheld oscilloscopes. (MS3xx, MS5xx) series as the published specs seemed almost too good to be true. Truth is this company has a rather low response time. I had learned that some MS3xx and MS5xx models had passed CE testing so could technically be imported into the EU. However even expressing the will to buy (for a try) returns nearly nothing. Ah ok, recently I got a mail from them (after having asked many times) with a link to a distributor within Ukrainia. Well, that helps me a lot in Europe..Thanks folks....
Now imagine buying a high spec portable DSO and e.g. needing support. To name: calibration, new battery, charger, repair or whatever...More grey hairs to grow...
This company "seems" to be having very nice handheld DSO's and even the new tablet platform looks fine to me. But what is it all good for if one cannot even acquire the other series. I have very low hopes and their marketing department might do their job. But sales definitely not. It is easy to promise all. I just thing their network/sales channels simply don't work ex. China to name.
I was hoping for a real good alternative to the Fluke, Chauvin Arnoux (Metrix), Tek's and Agilents alike but I guess this is not going to happen so soon. Guess they don't need my money....
Well I'll try to grow some hair and I am confident by the time their products are available either U.S. or EU some might take me for a lady (at least from looking from behind.)
So more waiting.....

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2013, 08:53:41 am »

So how long do we have to wait ? When will it be available? When will we see a video of it working?

Dude! Don't you know how hard it is pointing a camera at a working oscilloscope?!  :-DD

Maybe we should ask questions in Engrish?

How you to make video to see for us goodly, yes?
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline mianchen

• Regular Contributor
Re: Re: Tablet Oscilloscope-tbook, a new kind DSO.
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2013, 09:37:16 am »

That's not engrish, correct Chinese version should be:

We have to wait how long so can see the oscilloscope's video?

sent from Mars

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:38 am »
Micsig seem to be very selective about which questions they are answering.
Not the sort of attitude you want from a test equipment manufacturer.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:41 am »
Not the sort of attitude you want from a test equipment manufacturer.

Must be running each one by a committee.

Offline sipo75

• Contributor
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2013, 02:19:35 pm »

sent from Mars

Maybe this is not a place for ethnical discrimination?

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2013, 02:36:01 pm »

The person behind the "micsig" account on the forum is the international sales director

Obviously.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:42:51 pm by grenert »

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »
I wanna see pricing

Offline orin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2013, 03:49:38 am »

You really can't compare a trackpad with a touchscreen. Apples and oranges... Trackpads suck so bad I always have a mouse with a laptop.

My experience is 'most' trackpads suck...  however, the one on my old Toshiba Satellite that is so old it came with XP is just fine and I've never wanted to use an external mouse instead.  This newer Toshiba (it came with Vista, but now runs Win7) that I'm using now sucks and I have an external mouse connected.

As for touch screens, I hate them.  It's bad enough having someone come in your office and put greasy paw marks on your display...  being forced to do it yourself goes too far.

Offline madshaman

• Frequent Contributor
  • ego trans insani
Tablet Oscilloscope-tbook, a new kind DSO.
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2013, 06:05:15 am »

Micsig, are you planning to demo your product anywhere in North America any time soon?
yes ,we will. we are preparing for many exhibitions and product demo vedio. and try to release them earlier.

By the way, i do not want to make the same mistake like GMHz....so,, i will be very carefull this time.. :palm: :palm:

Thank-you for your answers.  Most of us understand the difficult position of having to field questions from engineers from a position of sales.

Could you let us know when/where this new product line will be exhibited?  Personally, I would like a chance to play with your product in person; I think other also feel this way.

Cheers
To be responsible, but never to let fear stop the imagination.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2013, 02:39:14 am »

You really can't compare a trackpad with a touchscreen. Apples and oranges... Trackpads suck so bad I always have a mouse with a laptop.

My experience is 'most' trackpads suck...  however, the one on my old Toshiba Satellite that is so old it came with XP is just fine and I've never wanted to use an external mouse instead.  This newer Toshiba (it came with Vista, but now runs Win7) that I'm using now sucks and I have an external mouse connected.

As for touch screens, I hate them.  It's bad enough having someone come in your office and put greasy paw marks on your display...  being forced to do it yourself goes too far.

Ever use one of the "glass" trackpads on newer (post-Unibody) MacBook Air/Pros? It's like running your fingers over silk with just a sprinkle of the right texture. Nice and big, plus they're capacitive based (not resistive), too!

Most higher end Android tablets and phones, plus all Apple devices use aluminosilicate impregnated glass or similar (i.e., Corning Gorilla Glass) with a hydro- and oleophobic coating on top. The former makes them super strong, the later causes water and skin oil/grease to wipe right off without streaking or smudging. Combine that with capacitive touch technology and modern touch screens are durable, easy to clean and precise! Nothing like the unprotected resistive touch screens of 10+ years ago.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:43:44 am by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline shihuiui

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:53 pm »
I'm really interesting about how they achieve 1GHz bandwith with 1Mohm input? ::) ::) ::)

• Contributor
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2013, 08:01:11 am »
Hi there...being based in Europe errhh. Belgium to be exact I tried already some half year ago  ....

:phew: can you email us again? i think we may miss your previous email.

• Contributor
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2013, 08:03:27 am »

sent from Mars
Eat hot doufu slowly.

• Contributor
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:36 am »

Micsig, are you planning to demo your product anywhere in North America any time soon?
yes ,we will. we are preparing for many exhibitions and product demo vedio. and try to release them earlier.

By the way, i do not want to make the same mistake like GMHz....so,, i will be very carefull this time.. :palm: :palm:

Thank-you for your answers.  Most of us understand the difficult position of having to field questions from engineers from a position of sales.

Could you let us know when/where this new product line will be exhibited?  Personally, I would like a chance to play with your product in person; I think other also feel this way.

Cheers
is there any good fair in Canada or US for us to particapte?

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2013, 10:58:49 am »
Will we see you at this trade fair? http://www.amper.cz/en.html  :-+
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:35 pm »
This is going too slow, is boring. No news...
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

• Contributor
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2013, 01:21:31 am »

how about this fair?

honestly, we are looking for distributors, and we want to grow up with them together?

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2013, 01:34:54 am »

how about this fair?

honestly, we are looking for distributors, and we want to grow up with them together?

Give us a demonstration of your scope with a VIDEO. Nobody will distribute this scope site un-seen.

Until you do this, we have no way of knowing if this scope is good or just junk that we could buy in the Shenzhen market.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2013, 02:24:10 am »
I am now convinced that his intention is not promoting or at least introduce the product here, especially in this thread. Looking at the replies made, its morely the quest to find distributors or resellers.

So unless you going to show an interest to sell their product, he will not going to hand out any clues about it, not even a photo of the "mockup".

This thread should be moved to Buy/Sell/Wanted section.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf