Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 344894 times)

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #1000 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:42 pm »
Also, RobertBJ, you seem to be hung up on the fact the OP listed it as NEW. He didn't. It was NEW (OTHER) which directs you to the description for details. The OP says the item is mint, original box, etc.

Basically, he bought it, hooked it up, tried it out and then Siglent released a newer model, which he bought to replace it with. The NEW (OTHER) category is often used for display and demo models. There's very little difference between that and what the OP described.

Honestly, I might have listed the item the same way. If you read eBay's guidelines for the NEW (OTHER) category, he's well within his rights. Keep in mind also that eBay doesn't have rules. They have guidelines. Also, eBay employees tend to make shit up as they go along, often contradicting themselves from case to case and employee to employee. I have personally witnessed this, as have family members and people on this forum.

Finally, you're not going to win this fight because you're wrong. How wrong? As wrong as Siglent was. This wrong:

Go read ebay's description for "new other" and then play that stupid video for yourself.  :palm:

Imagine ordering something really fast or from Ebay in Germany listed as "New other" and you get something that is CLEARLY used and not described accurately. You'll be screaming all over the net how the seller was Wrong . ;)

It is thoroughly clear that English is your only language and you have very little comprehension of it at that.Let alone the slightest  understanding of linguistics because if you did you'd be able to read and understand why Ebay has categories like they do.Hell I've had issues for selling NOS car parts that are known as "new old stock" in the industry under "new other" from ebay in the past.They tend to be very leery of this category and it's not unheard of pulling listings to see if they are legitimate.

Just in case you missed it the other 10 times Ebay expects a "New other" Item to fit within these guidelines......... A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects.

I've also posted links to the add and there is plenty to show that it was used yet listed incorrectly,there was no box only the manual and that he had USED it.Along with the fact his whole argument was that they where preventing him from selling a used unit because of their actions.

The simple facts remain,had he listed it correctly Siglent wouldn't have ever bothered with it and anyone that tried to say anything of reason (including mentioning Rigol's issues before now)has either been conveniently ignored or was ostracized for doing so.

Look at it  like a accident.If the OP was driving in the wrong lane and hit someone,yet Siglent then hits the person after as he flew into their lane and they end up dead.Why are you still blaming Siglent?Yes they where wrong but it was because of the OP's actions that they got drug into this and did way more then they had to to correct the situation.Especially when his only goal was to start a fire for them to put out.

Lastly lets not mention that the first email he had was from a guy who was found to not even work for Siglent anymore and it goes downhill from there.Stuff just doesn't add up on his part and when you factor in the timing and so on it looks even worse,but lets stick to the facts here.He was wrong as well as Siglent but it was him who was wrong first and had he not been wrong he would not have got his free scope  ;)

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #1001 on: December 08, 2015, 11:00:15 pm »
Wow, now you're really making yourself look dumb.

The first email he got was *from eBay* with a contact address for someone who no longer worked at Siglent. That means the "Counterfeit Item" form that Siglent sent eBay contained incorrect contact information. If you would have read the thread correctly, you'd know this.

As for "New Other" you're still wrong. A mint condition item, that was used maybe once or twice, has all the original plastic, original box, BNC caps, etc., would fit under New Other. Just as a store display or demo model would. The OP bought the item, tried it and then decided to buy the newer model. I believe he states at one point that it sat on a shelf, never touched for weeks in between the point he opened the box and bought the new unit. If that's really the case, I would have listed it the same way.

But the point you seen to completely miss is the fact it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if he didn't actually own the item in the first place. It doesn't matter if he listed a non-existent item as "NEW" just to scam money out of a buyer.

What matters is the fact that Siglent used a counterfeit claim to have an item taken down in order to maintain the pricing of their authorized distributors. They never thought the item was actually counterfeit. They used the claim to try and bully what they thought was a non-authorized reseller (or possibly an individual) into raising the price of the item. They even admitted they made a mistake in that they didn't realize it was a personal sale! This makes it very clear that it's a tactic they've used in the past towards sellers of (at the very least) new (and possibly used) Siglent gear.

That's what we have a problem with! We could give a shit about the circumstances of the OP or the original listing that brought about Siglent's actions. It's Siglent's actions that upset us. No amount of word games, discrediting the OP or tantrums on you or anyone else's part will change our minds.

Are you just jealous he got a free scope. Don't be, it's not even that great. ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:03:19 pm by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1002 on: December 08, 2015, 11:41:24 pm »
What matters is the fact that Siglent used a counterfeit claim to have an item taken down in order to maintain the pricing of their authorized distributors. They never thought the item was actually counterfeit. They used the claim to try and bully what they thought was a non-authorized reseller (or possibly an individual) into raising the price of the item. They even admitted they made a mistake in that they didn't realize it was a personal sale! This makes it very clear that it's a tactic they've used in the past towards sellers of (at the very least) new (and possibly used) Siglent gear.

That's what we have a problem with! We could give a shit about the circumstances of the OP or the original listing that brought about Siglent's actions. It's Siglent's actions that upset us. No amount of word games, discrediting the OP or tantrums on you or anyone else's part will change our minds.
Quoted for truth. All of this "but the OP might be a scammer!!!" business is entirely irrelevant to nearly everyone here. Siglent was caught acting unethically (and by many countries laws illegally), and that's what bothers us. Period. Full stop. The end.

It boggles the mind that this thread, which had concluded its natural lifespan, was extended by another 10 pages over this bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:43:21 pm by tooki »

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #1003 on: December 08, 2015, 11:44:36 pm »
 :-+
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1004 on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:48 pm »
I agree with timb.

Furthermore there's the actions of one person, in this case the original poster and those of a big company. The big company doing something wrong, is much worse, compared to an individual because it can affect more people. This is like the difference between a dodgy garage lying to its customers and VW.

And yes Rigol have probably done the same in the past (even though there doesn't appear to be so much evidence to indicate this) but it doesn't make it right. If anyone has any evidence that Rigol or other companies are still doing similar dodgy deals to Slglent, please name and shame them.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #1005 on: December 08, 2015, 11:52:26 pm »
Can we please just lock this thread?  The dead horse has been kicked to the point where it is just a bloody smear on the ground.  Lock it and make it a sticky thread so it stays in view of everyone who comes here so Siglent knows it won't completely disappear.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1006 on: December 09, 2015, 01:12:22 am »
Hmm... I wonder if I should be able to list all the goodies I got from TopLoser as "New - Other", after all they are all customer returns. Lot's of them without any immediately identifiable fault, the rest of them I have repaired the faults. But lots of them have full boxes, manuals, and those screen protectors so "as new"

Really, I don't want any hassle and as a third party I can't possibly list them as "New - anything" because I have no contract with the original manufacturer to have them fixed by them if anything goes wrong.

So I can only sell as "Used" - and "tested/working" or whatever.

OP clearly got a good use out of the AWG - I mean he loved it that much he wanted the next model up. Just because he didn't stick his soldering iron in it or spatter it with flux doesn't means it's NEW. nope... That would imply an equal calibration cert and warranty as the equivalent brand new unused item.

OP clearly over embellished his ebay description and even added silly little dust covers on the BNC's to make out he treated it like a 16 year old virgin.  :-DD

Of course we can all see through that stuff, but maybe people who don't speak English are not so wised up. Hence the ebay category - which when it comes down to it OP failed on. Just like Dave appears to have failed on by selling an old scope as Used (but working) rather than For parts only. Wiser sellers have told Dave that there is nothing you can do and can only cover yourself with parts only by ebay standards.

Lets not forget OP has over 2000 ebay sales with a trading account so knows what he's doing.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:16:25 am by Macbeth »

Offline AlxDroidDev

• Frequent Contributor
    • Arduino Web Brasil
« Reply #1007 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:47 am »
It's funny how sometimes the creature gets out of control of its creator. This thread is such a case: it's taken a life of its own. Think about it: it is a problem that happened in the US, caused by some employee in China, reported on a forum in Australia, and read by people from all around the world, including Brazil.

I am glad the entire situation has been reverted and the OP is glad with the outcome. It's good for Siglent that they did the damage control, although some of the damage is permanent. For me, the image that stays after all is that Siglent tries to regulate prices artificially, rather than let the market regulate itself in terms of offer/demand. Therefore there is the impression that Siglent equipment is far more expensive than it should/could be.

Some Siglent users here reported bugs on their equipment's firmware (in this thread). I wonder what it'd be like if Siglent spent as much effort ($ + money) on fixing firmware than they spend searching eBay for listings of their equipment.

Siglent stated they are they only have evidence of 1 or 2 fake Siglent units in the wild, which is an extremely low sample compared to how many units they've sold. This sample size should not be enough for them to start taking harsh measures against people yet, but to observe the market. To be coherent, if Siglent thinks that a sample size of 1 is enough to start enforcing certain policies, then this incident should not be seen as an isolated incident (blame it on the new employee). None of this matters, anyhow since it's all over, and I am just speculating on how Siglent had 2 measures on this whole ordeal.

"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from." (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #1008 on: December 09, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »
Some Siglent users here reported bugs on their equipment's firmware (in this thread). I wonder what it'd be like if Siglent spent as much effort ($ + money) on fixing firmware than they spend searching eBay for listings of their equipment.

Siglent's CEO told in the interview that 1/3 of their staff is R&D, but I don't know if their bug rate is average, above or below.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1009 on: December 09, 2015, 12:33:34 pm »
they only have evidence of 1 or 2 fake Siglent units in the wild, which is an extremely low sample compared to

I would have thought a single fake would be a significant number. I mean, it's not like you can just let a bit copier loose on it - even fakes would take a lot of effort, and you're not going to go through all that for a one-off.

Offline AlxDroidDev

• Frequent Contributor
    • Arduino Web Brasil
« Reply #1010 on: December 09, 2015, 12:46:48 pm »
they only have evidence of 1 or 2 fake Siglent units in the wild, which is an extremely low sample compared to

I would have thought a single fake would be a significant number. I mean, it's not like you can just let a bit copier loose on it - even fakes would take a lot of effort, and you're not going to go through all that for a one-off.

True, it might be significant, but depending for what action... definitely not to assume all units on eBay are fakes. It might be significant to start an investigation to figure out where it comes from (rebadging, ghost runs, etc), and keep a red flag raised.

In this scenario, with only a limited sample of supposedly fake units in the market, If I were a manufacturer and saw something on eBay that I knew for sure was a fake copy of a product I make, I'd buy that unit just to find out more about it, to investigate, rather than shut down the listing and let it stay in the wild. It's much more effective to aim the legal efforts at whoever is manufacturing fake products, rather than at a single individual selling a used unit they have no certainty is fake or not.

I get the irony, however, of a Chinese company suing another Chinese company for faking their products. This is something I really would love to see!
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from." (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)

Offline iampoor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1011 on: December 10, 2015, 12:26:32 am »

I am glad the entire situation has been reverted and the OP is glad with the outcome. It's good for Siglent that they did the damage control, although some of the damage is permanent. For me, the image that stays after all is that Siglent tries to regulate prices artificially, rather than let the market regulate itself in terms of offer/demand. Therefore there is the impression that Siglent equipment is far more expensive than it should/could be.

Siglent stated they are they only have evidence of 1 or 2 fake Siglent units in the wild, which is an extremely low sample compared to how many units they've sold. This sample size should not be enough for them to start taking harsh measures against people yet, but to observe the market. To be coherent, if Siglent thinks that a sample size of 1 is enough to start enforcing certain policies, then this incident should not be seen as an isolated incident (blame it on the new employee). None of this matters, anyhow since it's all over, and I am just speculating on how Siglent had 2 measures on this whole ordeal.

Almost every company has a MAP...not just Siglent....it prevents dealers from openly undercutting each other and driving the prices too low. Its low cost gear, that is a reasonable concern.

Maybe their are only 1 or 2 fakes because they are so proactive? ;)

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1012 on: December 10, 2015, 03:40:11 am »

Almost every company has a MAP...not just Siglent....it prevents dealers from openly undercutting each other and driving the prices too low. Its low cost gear, that is a reasonable concern.

Maybe their are only 1 or 2 fakes because they are so proactive? ;)

A MAP,or in "Oz Speak" a recommended Retail Price (RRP) is just that in Australia---a recommendation!

You might get away with enforcing it with small dealers,but you would be looking over your shoulder all the time,as the Regulatory Authority do not like such activity.

Even without the possibility of Regulatory activity,you wouldn't even try it with the major chains,as they can run rings round you,financially,legally,& every other way.

Offline OldSchoolTechCornerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1013 on: December 10, 2015, 04:42:04 am »
For one I am not a scammer I never scammed anyone. I paid that guy over 1k way over what the value was at the time for the lost Walkman that my ex partner stolen from me as well as a few other items and over 25k when he decide leave town. I had him lock up and won the case I filed against him on that matter. My issue with the guy was he kept on after I long since paid him over what he asked for and explain what happen when I came back to the site. Yes I did threaten him and had every reason to, as I long made good on that bad deal and he still had a gripe about it. Two people were only affected out of well over 10k transactions and even then still took care of it. Just left the site for over a year during that time as lost a lot of money and lost interest and dealing finding and taking action against my partner. That matter has nothing to do with this matter and a whole another thread explaining what happen and even the guy admitting he was paid and his gripe was about me disappear for a year and coming back and not explaining earlier, I haven't been on the site during that time over a year and didn't care during that time.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:51:37 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1014 on: December 10, 2015, 04:45:22 am »
Actually I was under the impression OP listed as Used but "as new" or "mint". It appears he advertised it as "New - other" which explains it may be missing a box or such but not used in any way, and I would expect also comes with a full warranty. Also, he listed it under a commercial trading account, not a Joe Bloggs getting rid of his stuff. I can fully understand how Siglent had him marked as an unauthorised trader. OP also states he thinks the product is really good and he is only upgrading to the next model up because he is so impressed with the Siglent. If that is the case then it has clearly been pretty well used, surely?

Having said that, the lack of ANY second hand Siglent stuff on ebay concerned me and if they are rigging ebay that way then it is seriously bad form. I did think however that maybe the Siglent stuff is so good perhaps everyone who owns it just holds on to it?  :-DD A second hand market needs to be made for this stuff. I think a lot of us hobbyists are kinda hoarders and so if we paid full whack we hold onto it, especially as we know the history of our own stuff. The plethora of big name stuff on the second hand market is mostly due to commercial disposals and volume (and great deals compared to astronomical MRPs)

OldSchool' got a really good deal out of this with the free handheld scope. Now I don't think he deserved it  ;)

At least somebody see's this for what it truly is.

Call me what you want as you have done plenty already but the fact remains this guys behavior is a large part of what is wrong with today's society.A lot of you guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror for defending this guy so vehemently,not me.If thinking that I'm a paid shill or any of the other unfounded claims helps you sleep better at night then by all means go ahead.You all helped to reward a behavior that is a true problem in society and refuse to see or admit it.

I have said it before,I have nothing to do with Siglent or anyone or anything else involved and could give a rats ass about them.I even made a bet with my end of the proceeds going to Dave and charity to prove otherwise that everyone conveniently glossed over.I'd be happy to raise it a few figures if you want to try and make some money.............seriously name the amount $1-$10,000 with 20% going to Dave and the rest to charity from my proceeds.

I also find it funny how so many of you resorted to attacks to defend this guy yet I am not allowed to defend myself from attacks and god forbid I fight back,I'm ostracized for it.Whats even funnier is that the ones quoting things now that I said after getting defensive where the ones who started slinging the mud earlier when they had no answers to FACTS.  :-DD

I mentioned a attorney's use in matters and was attacked for this yet when I showed evidence of this guy threatening to sue in rants all over the net I'm the bad guy for digging up dirt on him.  :-//  Trust me it only took googling this brainiacs SN to find numerous scams tied to him,but once again I guess this isn't a valid point in showing that someone wrongfully and illegally spammed and blackmailed a company for free gear.  |O

I could go on and on but it is very clear that you will continue to ignore the facts because you dont want to admit that you where duped and played like a fool here.

The quote from  Eldridge Cleaver  'There is no more neutrality in the world. You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.'  truly fits here  :popcorn:

You clearly in the wrong. You stated it pretty much ok for companies to set regulations where they have no business and pretty much price control. I listed a item that clearly like new with detail pictures, they had no reason to sent a actually DMCA takedown notice for a trademark claim and then publically pretty much admit it for price fixing and then to ask me to please rise the price.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:52:33 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1015 on: December 10, 2015, 04:55:20 am »
Now you are touching on the subject where a distributor could add value: A lot of people like to buy from local distributors thinking they will get better support. Well at least you can talk to someone in your own language. It still doesn't guarantee you will get good support. Siglent's distributor in the NL for example didn't want to take back a $2k Siglent scope which didn't work as advertised. Hiring a lawyer would not have been cost effective. The bottom line: I could have bought it from China directly and get the same service.

Then that's a case of crap dealer, possibly not even meeting Siglent requirements for dealers. They likely won't last long as a dealer in either case.

I not a dealer at all, I sold my own personal gear to upgrade to the new 2122x model. It was in like new condition and pictures clear as day. No reason for them to suspect it was a fake. Wording and pictures were of my own. 

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1016 on: December 10, 2015, 04:58:16 am »
I'm amazed no one has mentioned the obvious.

It's entirely plausible that these two new "forum members" work for one of Siglent's competitors.

Siglent make a mistake in how they deal with what seems to be a legitimate issue.

An innocent party gets caught up in this "process" and has a bit of a whinge on line that gathers a lot of attention

Siglent respond with a somewhat dubious excuse (dubious to us, but in a different culture with very different ways of doing business, maybe not so dubious)

Nobody buys the excuse and the shitstorm continues

The CEO fly's out to visit a blogger in Australia to apologise, assuring this wont happen again and in the process winning back some ground.

Moments later the thread that caused it all is spammed with the same type of shenanigans that started the shitfight to start with, undoing the good work by siglent in trying to fix the original mistake

Now I work for the competition  :-DD

Seriously theres plenty of facts to show what this tool did.

1.He Misrepresented the unit as "new other"and that caused sigilent's employee to mistakenly identify it as new.If you read Ebay's terms of service they where not out of bounds to have the add taken down.Granted it was a mistake and that was addressed.

2.He started this whole mess on the premise that Sigelent was blocking him from selling his gear and used it to get everyone riled up about things,yet he NEGLECTED to mention that it was already sold. :palm:

People only want to see what they care to see here and that is all there is too it.I could waste more time and go back and quote all the times people failed to look at facts and then drug me through the mud for calling a spade a spade but there's no point.You simply choose to support a sleaze bag that was in the wrong because he duped you into believing his story.Rather then look into facts most here would rather throw out unfounded accusations and resort to name calling.  |O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1017 on: December 10, 2015, 05:06:35 am »
I'm amazed no one has mentioned the obvious.

It's entirely plausible that these two new "forum members" work for one of Siglent's competitors.

Siglent make a mistake in how they deal with what seems to be a legitimate issue.

An innocent party gets caught up in this "process" and has a bit of a whinge on line that gathers a lot of attention

Siglent respond with a somewhat dubious excuse (dubious to us, but in a different culture with very different ways of doing business, maybe not so dubious)

Nobody buys the excuse and the shitstorm continues

The CEO fly's out to visit a blogger in Australia to apologise, assuring this wont happen again and in the process winning back some ground.

Moments later the thread that caused it all is spammed with the same type of shenanigans that started the shitfight to start with, undoing the good work by siglent in trying to fix the original mistake

Now I work for the competition  :-DD

Seriously theres plenty of facts to show what this tool did.

1.He Misrepresented the unit as "new other"and that caused sigilent's employee to mistakenly identify it as new.If you read Ebay's terms of service they where not out of bounds to have the add taken down.Granted it was a mistake and that was addressed.

2.He started this whole mess on the premise that Sigelent was blocking him from selling his gear and used it to get everyone riled up about things,yet he NEGLECTED to mention that it was already sold. :palm:

People only want to see what they care to see here and that is all there is too it.I could waste more time and go back and quote all the times people failed to look at facts and then drug me through the mud for calling a spade a spade but there's no point.You simply choose to support a sleaze bag that was in the wrong because he duped you into believing his story.Rather then look into facts most here would rather throw out unfounded accusations and resort to name calling.  |O

Your the sleaze bag

You must work for Siglent, or just a idiot troll

Story is true as it is, they even admitted to it early on and I can sell what I want for whatever price and condition I want and description was true to what it is and pictures clear as day. So F##k off pretty much. Not going to waste any more words on you, as all you seem to want to do is insult and call people out on stuff that was corrected years ago and not even really 100% my fault that it happen in the first place, plus none of your business. Plus done well over 1k transactions during the time and never had a issue before that and now after, people only talk about the bad once and was only two affect and I paid for the mistake well over the cost, since I accept them in the first place and was stolen from me and time it took. You figure it a easy way to prove your point and it isn't. I accepted my mistake and corrected it long ago and wasn't expected, it just happened. Not no scammer, if anything I took a huge lost on those two transactions, which is also another thread on that forum and reason why I was unbanned. I also won the court case and recovered my money. Of course you just want to point out the negatives to make your side of the story, but failed to mention I been doing transactions for many years before that happen and also after that happen without issues and pretty well known.

BTW, never stole anyone dragon and wasn't the one I sent. He tried to file a false chargeback case claiming I sent it to him broken after it I repaired and have picture proof of work done and at first he try to claim he never received it, which I had tracking clearly showing it was delivered to his home address on file and him signing for it. Then he change his story mid way and try to claim he sent it back, due to it came damaged, which he never did and he couldn't prove it as he had no tracking to show it was ever sent back. Plus the fact he change the story on the eBay case claiming I never sent it at all. I won the chargeback case as I had proof how it was sent and box size and weight which prove it wasn't the same box he claim I sent it in and picture of work that was done. He also had no tracking to prove he ever sent it back. So I won the eBay case. I fix well over 100's of dragon before his with no issue and still do as I restore them. The m90 guy is completely wrong, as it was sent overseas they damaged it in shipping. I was even going to accept it back, but he wanted to keep it and had a friend repaired it which I paid for what he requested. He left positive feedback even and never heard from him till two year later. I would have never expect two years later for him to come back and do what he did. He was completely wrong so f##k him, as his friend repair that cracked board I didn't, it was damage in shipping and instead of returning it, or letting me fix it he had a friend do the repairs, so completely not my fault. I never did that repair on that board and won't have sent it cracked. That same boombox is in another thread showing condition and restoration and doesn't show any board cracked and is even in my YouTube video clearly showing no issues and working. I didn't even agure with the guy when he told me it was damaged, I offer to have it repaired, or returned. So how the f##k am I wrong, or even a scammer and then  to come back two years later? I paid his friend what he asked to make the repairs without question, I can't control the shit work he done to it? I had every reason to be pissed at him and threaten him? He done this to a few others as well, look at his eBay account and you see he left negative for some being one day late, or a rip in the outer shipping box and quite a few. The guy "NickFish" is a piece of shit as far as I am concern that come back two year later to complaint about something that I never did, or he even hinted was a issue before, as he never contacted me and had my email and could have PM me and he never did once, just woke up one morning and saw thread. So F##k that guy, if he was in the states I would have made good on my threats, as it the principal of the matter.

You haven't clearly dealt with real scammers, the big corporations that steal millions to billions of dollars and place blame on someone else, risky investment, or ETC, or start up another company after another and then get away with it. I have and seen it all, when bidding and buying bank lots at one point. I seen companies even sell the floor to get loans they know they won't pay back.   

Siglent is clearly wrong in this case and was clearly intentional for price fixing and control over the market. It sure not happen to anyone and people sure not back down to these large corporation. No one sure have to fear selling what belong to them and then worry about a illegal takedown notice so they can price fix and then expect someone to let them get away with it.

Most scams and sleazy tactics I can overlooked, but fu#king over regular people trying to sell something to try to give their distributors a clear advantage I have a issue with and consider borderline racketeering. If it was just for my own gain would have deleted thread a while ago.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:09:46 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1018 on: December 10, 2015, 05:16:10 am »
Well, it's good to see Siglent has hired a few fixers to patch things up.

The very best Reputation Management fiverr has to offer!

I believe that exactly what they did. Can clearly see now still the same old shit and they are trying to place blame on others still.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1019 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:41 am »
If Siglent wants to send me a scope or some other gear for defending them, sure, I'd be happy to accept. Then you can bet your ass I'll defend them to the end, I'll sell out in a heartbeat. But I just like debating, and this thread was interesting, so here I am. It was a slow day at work.

What would you use the scope for? What projects are you working on? What is the nature of your work (glad it is a slow day).

Thread stays up, they can sent all the gear they want, what they did was wrong and no one, even a reseller, or private party sure have to go though this and that the point I was trying to get across. You sure not have to bow down to these large corporations and let then get away with it and let it get sweep under the rug and still keep doing there shady tactics and business as usual. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:03:38 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1020 on: December 10, 2015, 05:23:21 am »
« Sent to: OldSchoolTechCorner  on: Today at 02:39:13 PM » 

Dear OldSchoolTechCorner,
I'm sorry that I did not see the item you marked as used before.
It turned out to be a misunderstanding. We just need you provide us your serial number to verify. And we will withdraw the claim complaint.

Sincerely
SIGLENT Markrting Department

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD

I don't personally know any of the players. This is not a legal court, and there are very few facts that can be verified. My problem with Siglent is how they tried to sweep a public discussion under the rug. Run away. Let it die down. It honestly paints a picture of the internal culture.

All companies have employees that make mistakes, the company response is what can make or break the trust of the target demographic. If they were not sneaky and shady in the way this was handled, ultimately blaming a specific person - I would have not been stirred.

Post 'facts', analysis, and opinion. I read all of this crap from the first post and decided that Siglent is on my shit list. It is not because I know any and all details, just the details that are important to me. That is how the court of public opinion works and ALL business are subjected to it. Siglent has had infinite opportunities to cool the fire and they instead threw gas on it. Even if OldSchoolTechCorner is a dishonest lying scammer, it does not matter to me. His listing was pulled and he figured out some other avenue to sell his box - I don't care.

I don't care at all about the claims or plight of the OP, I only care about the response of the accused company. The responses culminating with the CEO interview gave me more reason to doubt them than the OP. They were defensive and not apologetic. Sending a free unit is not going to cover up the way I see their corporate culture. They are only apologetic that they were caught being sneaky and shady and it became a public discussion. All the responses were PM's!! Hilarious.

I still don't know what to think of RobertBG coming in and mysteriously reading a ridiculously long thread and taking such an intense interest in something he/she has no connection with. Who does that? You have dedicated hours to the analysis and defense of this issue? I cannot think of anyone I have have ever known that would do what you are doing without some sort of motivation beyond - ' doing the right thing'.

What you fail to realize is he already had sold the unit prior to the add being taken down.

And as for me,if you where attacked for stating something that was a fact would you not defend yourself?

I smelled BS from the start of reading this thread and everyone that tried to talk some sense along the way was pushed aside,insulted and ostracized for doing so and at the end of it I realized why they could give two shits to try and point out anything to a certain crowd on here.Throw in the fact that I also hate internet scammers and lying tool's here I am.

Arguing with idiots who refuse to see something................and I must say that phrase "dont argue with idiots because they will beat you with experience"really rings true here   :-DD

How much did Siglent pay you?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1021 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:19 am »

None of the facts support Siglent's story.

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

I think this thread has run its course and needs to be locked now.

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Why dont you go look at the link to Ebay where it says "new other"for a used Item  :palm:

Apparently you must've been looking in the mirror and got confused when you posted that lovely comment that has nothing to do with the facts here.

But hey you want the post locked because you know I am right so you started a behavior that will get it locked after you didnt get your way.Nice quality tactic you have there.The facts are posted over and over yet you seem to be unable to comprehend them.

He sold it as used. The original eBay item was removed when the counterfeit claim was brought, so the item you're posting...

Let spell this out for you.........the Ebay add listed it as"new other" Look at the link I posted to his add here and you'll see the ebay link and his offer to discount it to the eev members along with when he marked it as sold.When he sold it,he neglected to remove the ebay add and Siglent flagged it on the 22 thinking it was new and being sold in the grey market.The ONLY reason this happened is because it was marked "NEW OTHER" by him.This thread was started on the 23 the day after.His story is so full of holes its not funny.

This shit storm was simply so he could get something for free from Siglent or at least try.The FACTS are there out in the open plain as day. Seriously I dare you to go and look :palm:

No I sold it on eBay not here, I had it listed here with link to the eBay listing, as this forum has the market I was targeting, so it would sell faster and marketed to the right people. 

The story is exactly what it is and clearly they admitted to it long time ago and is clear in public view. No one hacked Siglent account and wrote what they wrote, or anything else and never demand anything from them, they pretty much offer it. Reason thread is still up. So no wasn't paid off. Plus I won that case as well and DCMA case which really was a IP claim was dropped and now they are restricted.

Really what did Siglent pay you, or gave you?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:44:16 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1022 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:41 am »

None of the facts support Siglent's story.

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

I think this thread has run its course and needs to be locked now.

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Why dont you go look at the link to Ebay where it says "new other"for a used Item  :palm:

Apparently you must've been looking in the mirror and got confused when you posted that lovely comment that has nothing to do with the facts here.

But hey you want the post locked because you know I am right so you started a behavior that will get it locked after you didnt get your way.Nice quality tactic you have there.The facts are posted over and over yet you seem to be unable to comprehend them.

He sold it as used. The original eBay item was removed when the counterfeit claim was brought, so the item you're posting...

Let spell this out for you.........the Ebay add listed it as"new other" Look at the link I posted to his add here and you'll see the ebay link and his offer to discount it to the eev members along with when he marked it as sold.When he sold it,he neglected to remove the ebay add and Siglent flagged it on the 22 thinking it was new and being sold in the grey market.The ONLY reason this happened is because it was marked "NEW OTHER" by him.This thread was started on the 23 the day after.His story is so full of holes its not funny.

This shit storm was simply so he could get something for free from Siglent or at least try.The FACTS are there out in the open plain as day. Seriously I dare you to go and look :palm:

But, you're wrong. I was reading this thread LIVE as it was happening. I know what transpired.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how things transpired. It doesn't matter if he had it marked Used or New. Either way, Siglent was still in the wrong for using a counterfeit claim to have the item pulled.

In his correspondence with Siglent, they offered to drop the claim if he raised his price. That is not a mistake.

Swearing to an affidavit falsely is perjury.

Trying to prevent non-authorized resellers from selling things below a certain price is price fixing and possibly collusion.

It doesn't matter how the OP had the item listed or even if he had an item to sell. What Siglent did shows intent. End of story. No matter how much twisting of the facts you do, it won't change that.

It's that simple.

Plus 1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1023 on: December 10, 2015, 06:06:54 am »
I don't understand the fixation with the OP by this two.

And btw don't refer to a forum member as a tool.
The only ones attacking anyone is you both attacking the OP and missing the points entirely.
I don't think I have attacked OP at all, simply called him out on his BS.
What matters here is that Siglent has a policy in controlling grey market products by filing false trademark claims which is illegal. They can't say to take down a listing because the product is not theirs and is a counterfeit device using their trademark.
No, they did not do this. There is no evidence that they did this.
If I buy an used piece of test equipment that is still under warranty I really don't want to have to deal with the hassle to track down if the serial number originated from an Authorized distributor or not.

So the problem is not really solved, so thank you guys for reviving this thread because Siglent still needs to explain if they will support their products regardless of the origin.
A lot of companies will not support grey market products. Grey markets destroy companies bottom line, so lots of companies do everything they can to limit them and do not support products purchased through grey markets.

It price fixing and very illegal.

I guess another one that works for Siglent.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1024 on: December 10, 2015, 06:10:49 am »
I can't believe they asked him for the serial # before agreeing to withdraw their silly Ebay claim - guilty until proven innocent ey?

How on Earth can can they tell by looking at a picture if the equipment is fake?  This behavior is arrogant and a flagrant misuse of Ebay policy.

I would probably avoid Siglent from now on.  I often like to upgrade my gear.

All they had to know was that it was not new as he had represented it.It was listed as "new other" in his add.From that if you had a brain you'd realize why they asked for a serial number.  |O

They asked after the fact and not before and don't have to give it to them and also clearly asked to rise the price as well. I have no binding contact with them and not a distributor and never claim I was.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf