Author Topic: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's  (Read 849041 times)

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's coming
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2024, 02:41:06 am »
]because you are a sale representative.. if you dont know or even care, then we know it is as good as rigol in term of sale and support. we'll do the same as rigol product then.... we wait and make our own decision.. as someone wise said.. you say best when you say nothing at all, rigol rep left/ignore us long time ago... cheers.

You're rude. You don't expect a siglent reseller to provide links to another reseller, are you ? Tautech helps everybody here, almost none being a customer of his.

The following users thanked this post: TheDefpom, KungFuJosh, Veteran68

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2024, 03:04:15 am »
i know he is new zealand based. but he's messing with international discussion. i gave the rationale, but when people feel what i was not meant to give, then i cannot do anything about it. sorry. btw i know resellers are sometime appointed by siglent HQ, they are very few in each country and random people like you cant simply "check in" as authorized dealer when there is already a dealer in the town... but giving link to reseller in other country (where you cant possibly become one over there) is imho not counter productive, its actually mutual beneficial. i know this because i myself is a customer to one authorized dealer of a certain brand in my area, and finding a guy like him in this area is like looking for hen's teeth. the chain is "controlled", unlike groceries and food supplies.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2024, 03:09:59 am »
i know he is new zealand based. but he's messing with international discussion. i gave the rationale, but when people feel what i was not meant to give, then i cannot do anything about it. sorry. btw i know resellers are sometime appointed by siglent HQ, they are very few in each country and random people like you cant simply "check in" as authorized dealer when there is already a dealer in the town... but giving link to reseller in other country (where you cant possibly become one over there) is imho not counter productive, its actually mutual beneficial. i know this because i myself is a customer to one authorized dealer of a certain brand in my area, and finding a guy like him in this area is like looking for hen's teeth. the chain is "controlled", unlike groceries and food supplies.

You're ungrateful and rude. You're attacking a member of this community because they didn't properly serve you. Get over yourself. Go buy a Rigol, you deserve that garbage.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: TheDefpom, Veteran68

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2024, 03:20:41 am »
Get over yourself. Go buy a Rigol, you deserve that garbage.
oh you are becoming rude as well? ;D i know tautech is becoming holy grail in thread like this, but i have the right to choose whatever brand i want. you give a "good" example on how to lure new customer in ;) if i cant get it or not really convenient to get from authorized dealer, let alone from somewhere as far as NZ, then i'll find from unathourized CN dealer, this is internet open market now and place like eevblog is where we train to become support and tech team ourselves. inevitably if retail shops cant catch up, they are doomed to pay monthly rent fee.this is a fact, if you take it as insult i cant do anything about it, sorry and cheers ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:23:30 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2024, 03:58:10 am »
Get over yourself. Go buy a Rigol, you deserve that garbage.
oh you are becoming rude as well? ;D i know tautech is becoming holy grail in thread like this, but i have the right to choose whatever brand i want. you give a "good" example on how to lure new customer in ;) if i cant get it or not really convenient to get from authorized dealer, let alone from somewhere as far as NZ, then i'll find from unathourized CN dealer, this is internet open market now and place like eevblog is where we train to become support and tech team ourselves. inevitably if retail shops cant catch up, they are doomed to pay monthly rent fee.this is a fact, if you take it as insult i cant do anything about it, sorry and cheers ;)

I apologize, I shouldn't have told you to buy a Rigol; I don't really wish that pain on anybody.

Seriously though, tautech is not your butler. He owes you nothing. It's one thing to ask kindly, but demanding things and speaking the way you did is not cool. Even your response here with the condescending crap about him being the holy grail. He helps people all the time, even when it's not related to Siglent stuff.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2024, 04:13:49 am »
Asking an authorized dealer were to get a grey import :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Someone, ebastler

Online ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2024, 04:35:13 am »
Those that imagine hobbyists are the only users of WiFi might be surprised as to what actually goes on in the marketplace.  :o
Not all workspaces have or want wired LAN connectivity therefore WiFi connection for their instruments is their preferred connectivity solution.

I'd love to be able to use WiFi on my test equipment at work but its impractical to do so.  So for me Ethernet is the only option, and I'd really like an RTC so that I can at least count on the timestamp being correct when I dump files to a USB drive  because I don't want to run an Ethernet cable to wherever I'm taking data.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2024, 08:21:47 am »
Asking an authorized dealer were to get a grey import :-DD
because thats the most convenient way for me from here, there is NO TE rep around here, not rigol not fluke not siglent not anything. even if i can get one, the deal will not much different from buying online, ie sending and receiving stuffs through courier. i got most of TE brands from online. Fluke, used Lecroy and what not from ebay USA direct! because that the only convenient and reliable way. Rigol new units i got from aliexpress or previously ebay, why do you expect i need to buy siglent from local dealer? we dont have one, not even remotely. maybe my case is not the same as you people with sale rep located only few blocks away. i know tautech supported some of siglent owners here, thats a good deed, but i guess... only when you prove yourself and became a siglent owner.

tbh i dont expect much, we are all too familiar with rigol type of treatment and support, we learnt to live on our own and make benefits from our instruments on our own. its just a little bit of "provocation" to tautech, but how you take it will depend on you, positive or negative. albeit bad support from rigol, yet we still buy their product. and yes i have three generations of this garbage, if you like to call them so, i dont mind, i know what i have, simply someone say them as otherwise, doesnt mean they will suddenly transform into such... i will look closely this new cheap 2GSps machine regardless of what people say, nay or yes. i prefer more on technical aspects and what it can gives that rigol DHO cant. fwiw cheers.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2024, 08:46:31 am »
But we are laughing at you because you feel entitled to get support from an authorized dealer here in parallel.
what support? is asking question and expecting answer from forum members is considered support? fair enough... the lack of "support" indicates not much difference from Rigol.. my conclusion still stands. i thought dealers know whats happening in HQ distribution in other countries, or at least can ask from inside. so i guess maybe i'm wrong. luckily.. BillyO provided me with some "support", even though i later realized the stock was removed from ali. so i'll wait again. my biggest mistake is maybe i'm not patient enough, maybe the wise thing is i should close down eevblog browser, do my own thing offline and wait for annother year, maybe along the way Rigol also has planned a new strategies to cope with this competition. cheers ;) ymmv.

Offline tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2024, 08:52:32 am »
https://int.siglent.com/map/
 ^ = where to buy for Mech
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline pope

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2024, 10:43:37 am »
But we are laughing at you because you feel entitled to get support from an authorized dealer here in parallel.
what support? is asking question and expecting answer from forum members is considered support? fair enough... the lack of "support" indicates not much difference from Rigol.. my conclusion still stands. i thought dealers know whats happening in HQ distribution in other countries, or at least can ask from inside. so i guess maybe i'm wrong. luckily.. BillyO provided me with some "support", even though i later realized the stock was removed from ali. so i'll wait again. my biggest mistake is maybe i'm not patient enough, maybe the wise thing is i should close down eevblog browser, do my own thing offline and wait for annother year, maybe along the way Rigol also has planned a new strategies to cope with this competition. cheers ;) ymmv.

Why don't you drop an email to these guys to ask them for an aliexpress link?  :)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2024, 12:44:15 pm »
thanks for the link, but our state capital is Kota Kinabalu, thats 500km away from me, not your 4-8 lanes highway... and then Hexo is another thousands miles away with some massive water in between, if you google map, you'll understand why some people keep laughing over here ;) with our country's shipping rate policy, its better for me to get from ali...

ps: and for the fun/irony part... i went to Kota Kinabalu sometime ago and saw Fluke's line of products displayed somewhere when passing by, i believe they are legit... when i look at the prices i thought, hmm... its cheaper for me to get from ebay USA ;D and another fun part, many years ago i sent my Canon Lens for repair to authorized service centre, and few days later they called me, they wanted to charge me more than half the Lens' price just to replace a broken flex cable inside, their excuse was, because i opened up my Lens for diy repair which is true (i fixed its flex cable once by diy and then broken again many months later) how "friendly" they was. i said yes "please fix it' at the price, due to i need the lens asap, sending it back will take another one week. after that i will think twice before sending my tools to authorized service centre. ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 12:49:10 pm by Mechatrommer »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2024, 09:01:52 am »
thanks for the link, but our state capital is Kota Kinabalu, thats 500km away from me, not your 4-8 lanes highway...
Yet I regularly send equipment 1100km to customers for not much at all, say $15-20 US.
Away ATM but will check out your location when back at a proper PC.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2024, 09:05:22 am »
...but will check out your location when back at a proper PC.
thanks for your kindness but good luck. even if you ask me to become authorized dealer here i would not want it. not because the siglent nor even rigol name per se, but there is not much market around here... major market here is fishing and tourism. so basically i'm one kind of isolated chap around here. cheers ;)

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2024, 09:30:12 am »
...but will check out your location when back at a proper PC.
thanks for your kindness but good luck. even if you ask me to become authorized dealer here i would not want it. not because the siglent nor even rigol name per se, but there is not much market around here... major market here is fishing and tourism. so basically i'm one kind of isolated chap around here. cheers ;)
Yeah I know, google Taupaki and we’re in the backblocks too.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2024, 10:40:00 am »
Yeah I know, google Taupaki and we’re in the backblocks too.  ;)
then i suggest you move to front block (capital city).. doing niche market in back block is not a good strategy imho, unless you are doing some other businesses specific to / profitable in your location, and then siglent thing will become your part time job. cheers.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2024, 12:35:26 pm »
all our dealers are in capital cities, i guess that makes logistics and time are more economical... statistically speaking.

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2024, 07:55:02 pm »
I buy from (reputed) resellers in France and Germany, and they typically are in some no-man's-land where warehouses are cheap, far from big cities. It's all internet now...

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2024, 11:11:26 pm »
far from big cities. It's all internet now...
ditto! And sending back for warranty is just as good as sending back direct to HQ..

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2024, 11:40:20 pm »
Especially as western models will be available "real soon now", as they say ! :)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2024, 01:48:54 am »
But what will happen if you have to send back a scope
that proves siglent scope is not a robust item. My ds1102e died after like 15yrs or service. Otherwise i may have hacked the scope and destroy the warranty sticker anyway rendering anything including what you typed is valid, ie my fault.

Your argument is pretty valid for expensive high end item that we cant afford to lose. But $400 is like buying new handphone, ymmv.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:53:56 am by Mechatrommer »

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2024, 02:50:53 am »
that proves siglent scope is not a robust item.

It doesn't prove anything. You can buy 1000 scopes from any vendor in any price range, and there will be some units that need to be serviced. Doesn't matter if you pay $400 or $400,000 each. The question is, which is more important to you: impatience or a warranty?

Offline quailman

« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2024, 02:51:22 am »
Newbie here (joined for the poll), and apologies if I missed it, but why is RTC an optional thing in 2024?  Its bizarre to me, save what, 10 cent?  Just put a clock in the damn thing :)

The following users thanked this post: BrokenYugo

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2024, 04:20:18 am »
but why is RTC an optional thing in 2024?  Its bizarre to me, save what, 10 cent?  Just put a clock in the damn thing :)
yes its bizzare but to add to it, battery cell holder, and its battery which need to be replaced every 5 years. there need to be some opening for the servicing that will add to manufacturing cost as well. and few hours or minutes of coding depending on the programmer staff's competency. so i guess its not 10 cent. its good to have but what you expect from $400 device? (rigol dho included)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2024, 10:27:30 am »
It doesn't prove anything. You can buy 1000 scopes from any vendor in any price range, and there will be some units that need to be serviced. Doesn't matter if you pay $400 or $400,000 each. The question is, which is more important to you: impatience or a warranty?

If "buyer pays shipping" then I'd rather not be shipping it to China.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf