Author Topic: Keysight MSO-X 2024a reboot loop issue  (Read 338 times)

Offline pstemariTopic starter

• Contributor
Keysight MSO-X 2024a reboot loop issue
« on: August 02, 2024, 06:37:13 am »
Any updates on how to deal with a Keysight MSO-X 2024a that lights up the buttons, gets to the splash screen, stays there for ~5 seconds and then reboots?

Looking through the forum, I found some posts regarding this as a known problem, but the suggestion to update firmware doesn't work. Even with a USB key in the scope at powerup, it goes into the same behavior and doesn't respond to the utility button.

Scope was purchased new, the optional packages were purchased from Keysight and installed ages ago.  The scope was working fine the last time I used it, some months back, but now it just seems to be a boat anchor.

Are there any authorized service centers for Keysight? I tried looking on their website, but the only thing I found was a option to send it in for repair at a flat rate of $4,800. The scope originally cost $3,418, making that price seem pretty absurd.

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight MSO-X 2024a reboot loop issue
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 07:36:26 am »
This happens due to a defective flash chip. This is known and affects the DOSX/MSOX devices of the 2000, 3000 and 4000 series. Keysight usually repairs these free of charge. My DSOX4024a was also fitted with a new motherboard by Keysight free of charge.
You might try to install a new software through the UART interface. I tried and was not successful, however many people were able. This thread (though pretty long) contains all information (starting 2017) you need:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/
direct link: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2136181/#msg2136181
Edit: also this shall help
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-dsox3054a-not-booting-possible-nand-corruption-help!/msg3449794/#msg3449794

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 07:49:18 am by Pinkus »

Offline squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2024, 12:46:25 pm »
Keysight usually repairs these free of charge. My DSOX4024a was also fitted with a new motherboard by Keysight free of charge.

I think you should send it to Keysight if they will repair it for free. If you try to repair it yourself and can't, I don't know if they will repair it if it is determined to be a modification.

Offline pstemariTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 02:25:20 am »
Well, I've started the service order process. We'll see how it goes.

Damn but this is annoying.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf