Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 888216 times)

bte, alpelectronics and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline idolclub

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4525 on: July 01, 2024, 10:33:27 am »
Siglent just released firmware V1.6.2R5 for SDS2000X Plus ~ 2024.07.01

Download:
https://siglentna.com/download/44012/?tmstv=1719827853

Date           Version
6/29/2024   v1.6.2R5

Revision:

1. Made Option 16LA Standard

2. Added new Analysis function: Serial Signal Test (Analysis | Serial Signal Test)

3. Optimized UI

4. Supported USB-GPIB adapter

5. Fixed several bugs
a) IP setting issue
b) Scope dead when FW upgrade fails in the case that space at /local not enough
c) "Bended" / "tilted" trace at small V/div
d) Math: Filter sample rate adaption cannot work
e) Frequency / Period measurements fail on certain waveforms

« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 10:37:37 am by idolclub »

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, Markus2801A, blurpy, DL2XY, dibro, phecap, artik, mathstudi, Wrenches of Death, cte

Offline Frex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4526 on: July 01, 2024, 03:52:29 pm »
Hello,

Very good new !
I just updated succesfully my unit that have been failed the previous 1.6.2R1 release.
We waited for a while, but it finally arrived  :)
Thank you Siglent !

Frex

The following users thanked this post: mathstudi

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #4527 on: July 01, 2024, 04:46:58 pm »
Not just a few corrections, but always new features - and that after more than 4 years on the market.
Where else do you get that, it's really good.

The following users thanked this post: Howardlong, KungFuJosh, Bad_Driver, mathstudi

Online Deichgraf

• Contributor
« Reply #4528 on: July 01, 2024, 04:52:05 pm »
Hi,

I also successfully upgraded to the newest FW - thanks to Siglent.

Now, after having the new FW on the unit, I let it run for a while to warm up and to perform the selfcalibration.
Also this went well, and then I just checked by random how high is the noise level at the lowest possible setting (500uV/Div) for the current active Ch1 and set coupling to GND.
I then activated by accident Ch2 and was suprised to see, that the noise level of Ch1 was doubled.
Then I deactivated Ch2 and all stayed the same for Ch1.
Finnaly, I switched through the coupling states of Ch1 (switching noise) and back to GND and the noise level was back to the initial (lowest) level.

Did I make a mistake or why is the noise level changing, if I activate another channel?  The same happend also if I activate Ch3.
Why does it come back to the initial values only, if I toggle again through the coupling states up to GND for Ch1?
Is this something old and I missed it or I'm wrong?

Regards

PS: attached some screenshots of the settings and statistic measurements
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 05:02:06 pm by Deichgraf »

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #4529 on: July 01, 2024, 06:06:50 pm »
Very good new !
I just updated succesfully my unit that have been failed the previous 1.6.2R1 release.
We waited for a while, but it finally arrived  :)
Thank you Siglent !

Same here  :-+
THX to Siglent
Cheers mathstudi

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #4530 on: July 01, 2024, 07:05:21 pm »
But now you're trying to use the board to test also extraction/programming of FPGA contents?? 
No, there are some faulty STD-3 out there and it seems only Jtag can fix them....if Siglent will share the file with us.

Has Siglent replied regarding the firmware update?

I have made some progress with the new Intel Quartus Prime Programmer 23.1std Build 994 05/14/2024.

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with FPGA.

Here are some pictures of my setup ->

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline umgfoin

« Reply #4531 on: July 02, 2024, 01:20:29 pm »
No, there are some faulty STD-3 out there and it seems only Jtag can fix them....if Siglent will share the file with us.

Are you looking for one of these?

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/siglent/config/fpga # ls
total 16824
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        1.4M Jul  2 13:52 top_acq_fpga1.bit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        1.4M Jul  2 13:52 top_acq_fpga2.bit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        9.3M Jul  2 13:52 top_acq_mso_fpga.bit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        3.9M Jul  2 13:52 top_mf_fpga.bit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root      454.8K Jul  2 13:52 top_mso_fpga.bit

++umgfoin.
SDS2104X Plus
SW: 5.0.0.1.6.2R5, Uboot: 5.0, FPGA: 2024-01-29
CPLD: 03, HW: 02-04

The following users thanked this post: mathstudi

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4532 on: July 02, 2024, 02:48:27 pm »
Hi,

I also successfully upgraded to the newest FW - thanks to Siglent.

Now, after having the new FW on the unit, I let it run for a while to warm up and to perform the selfcalibration.
Also this went well, and then I just checked by random how high is the noise level at the lowest possible setting (500uV/Div) for the current active Ch1 and set coupling to GND.
I then activated by accident Ch2 and was suprised to see, that the noise level of Ch1 was doubled.
Then I deactivated Ch2 and all stayed the same for Ch1.
Finnaly, I switched through the coupling states of Ch1 (switching noise) and back to GND and the noise level was back to the initial (lowest) level.

Did I make a mistake or why is the noise level changing, if I activate another channel?  The same happend also if I activate Ch3.
Why does it come back to the initial values only, if I toggle again through the coupling states up to GND for Ch1?
Is this something old and I missed it or I'm wrong?

Regards

PS: attached some screenshots of the settings and statistic measurements

Did, get similar high RMS values as any different from C1..C4: I simple warmed the gear up and did several (currently 3) SELF Calibrations as each with different results and on my gear C2 as best.
Self Calibration switches all  inputs to GND as this is the base. I did not see any 500uV during the calibration or I missed this. Only 2mV as lowest calibration level seen.

Why the self calibration draw various is not very clear to me, may the steps for settle down are to fast (and may should be some longer to use a mean value) or any random RMS values uses.

After this FW:

- After boot up and as first screen with C1 OFF, than an up to 14 seconds dead machine, until it gets to full operation as showing the previous channels again.
- The FFT freq (F2 as red) scales is with lighted color, but more lighted and readable if looking with a different angle as from above as not straight. See pictures

« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 03:17:15 pm by hpw »

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4533 on: July 02, 2024, 03:56:50 pm »
The viewing angle of the screen is definitely NOT under firmware control so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I usually position my scope so that I'm looking directly at it.  My guess is that the designers of the display had the same idea  :-//

Of the two images you show, to me the more direct view you show looks 100% better.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online Deichgraf

• Contributor
« Reply #4534 on: July 02, 2024, 07:50:49 pm »
My point was just the following observation:

1) set Ch1 to lowest V/Div setting, e.g. 500uV/Div / all other channels to OFF / and no probes on all channels
2) set Ch1 coupling to GND
3) activate Measures to see some basic statistics, mean, RMS, Stddev etc. or just look on the trace with some noise and amplitude
4) activate one other channel and check how Ch1 changes in trace/noise amplitude => on my scope it doubled on Ch1 ... nothing else changed and Ch1 is still on GND!
5) deactivate the "other" channel and Ch1 still keeps the "higher" noise amplitude
6) set Ch1 coupling to AC or DC and then back to GND
7) now we are back to the original noise amplitude as before activating the additional channel.

I have no problem with the noise level (higher or lower), but that the displayed noise amplitude on Ch1 doubles only by the fact that you switch on another channel on the scope.
Is this a SW side effect? And curiously enough, it comes back to low noise amplitude, if you toggle the coupling from GND to AC or DC and coming back to GND.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4535 on: July 02, 2024, 09:08:42 pm »
My point was just the following observation:

1) set Ch1 to lowest V/Div setting, e.g. 500uV/Div / all other channels to OFF / and no probes on all channels
2) set Ch1 coupling to GND
3) activate Measures to see some basic statistics, mean, RMS, Stddev etc. or just look on the trace with some noise and amplitude
4) activate one other channel and check how Ch1 changes in trace/noise amplitude => on my scope it doubled on Ch1 ... nothing else changed and Ch1 is still on GND!
5) deactivate the "other" channel and Ch1 still keeps the "higher" noise amplitude
6) set Ch1 coupling to AC or DC and then back to GND
7) now we are back to the original noise amplitude as before activating the additional channel.

I have no problem with the noise level (higher or lower), but that the displayed noise amplitude on Ch1 doubles only by the fact that you switch on another channel on the scope.
Is this a SW side effect? And curiously enough, it comes back to low noise amplitude, if you toggle the coupling from GND to AC or DC and coming back to GND.

Hmm, I have not yet upgraded my firmware but I get quite a different response.

When I enable a 2nd channel (Ch2) the noise on Ch1 goes down by about 50% and goes back to what it was before as soon as I disable the 2nd channel.  No other action needed.
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

The following users thanked this post: Deichgraf

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4536 on: July 03, 2024, 08:09:12 am »
The viewing angle of the screen is definitely NOT under firmware control so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I usually position my scope so that I'm looking directly at it.  My guess is that the designers of the display had the same idea  :-//

Of the two images you show, to me the more direct view you show looks 100% better.

Yes, there is no view polarization option.

Here my screen shots as how C1 RMS level changes  :palm:

1) after previous day with 3 times Self calibrations

2) have C1..C3 on GND and C4 NOT

3) changed C4 to GND. To me this is completely odd and looks buggy.
   BTW: LeCroy simple do a re-calibration even changing some settings.

4) C1..C4 and mixed with FFT:

- Nice, dependent of channel selection, text gets its related channel color.
  - But gets soon unreadable as text has no cleared background color as here black.
  - Same issue as on FFT text: text should have a cleared background color.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, artik

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #4537 on: July 03, 2024, 02:24:39 pm »
Here my screen shots as how C1 RMS level changes  :palm:

Try doing your test again with a fixed vertical scale range.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 03:04:10 pm by KungFuJosh »
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4538 on: July 03, 2024, 02:30:04 pm »
Try doing your test again with a fixed vertical scale.

He used 500uV/Div on each channel in all pictures.  Are you referring to something else? :-//

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #4539 on: July 03, 2024, 03:05:21 pm »
Try doing your test again with a fixed vertical scale.

He used 500uV/Div on each channel in all pictures.  Are you referring to something else? :-//

I meant range, but his scale is different in some screenshots. Look at the left side of the screenshots and read the voltages.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4540 on: July 03, 2024, 03:11:11 pm »
I meant range, but his scale is different in some screenshots. Look at the left side of the screenshots and read the voltages.
The voltages change because the control focus in on a different channel.  Those voltages are WRT the channel that is currently attached to the controls.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4541 on: July 03, 2024, 03:16:26 pm »
The voltages change because the control focus in on a different channel.  Those voltages are WRT the channel that is currently attached to the controls.

Y axis always 500uV/div
Y offset any different

Acq may 8 or 10 bits

X axis always 5ms/div

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #4542 on: July 03, 2024, 03:26:11 pm »
That one screenshot threw me off, I thought it changed range span. I have the latest fw, I'm curious to see how my scope behaves.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4543 on: July 03, 2024, 03:53:10 pm »
That one screenshot threw me off, I thought it changed range span. I have the latest fw, I'm curious to see how my scope behaves.

Misst to tell as inputs altering

. DC & opening

. to GND

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4544 on: Yesterday at 08:18:56 am »

I never understood this: you have to buy the probe... and also separately purchase a licence to use it. this always seemed like a bit of an opportunistic gouge.

KS & Tek, for example, have historically provided you with the appropriate LA probe when you purchase the licence... albeit it's not a cheap licence!

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4545 on: Yesterday at 08:29:43 am »

I never understood this: you have to buy the probe... and also separately purchase a licence to use it. this always seemed like a bit of an opportunistic gouge.

KS & Tek, for example, have historically provided you with the appropriate LA probe when you purchase the licence... albeit it's not a cheap licence!
Now just a single cost for the probe....and any HW that needed a license....but at an increased price.

Total cost is now no less than the HW and the previous license.....but now HW can be used with any instrument as some SW licenses are a thing of the past.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline FiveFiveFive

« Reply #4546 on: Yesterday at 08:41:37 am »
You're not wrong. I was thinking of getting a SPL2016 which has been pretty firmly priced at £360 (inc VAT) for quite a while. Just checked the new price and it's up to £439.20, that's 22%. No such thing as a free lunch I suppose (well, except for all those other options I installed without having to disturb the moths in my wallet! ;) )

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4547 on: Yesterday at 08:50:01 am »
You're not wrong. I was thinking of getting a SPL2016 which has been pretty firmly priced at £360 (inc VAT) for quite a while. Just checked the new price and it's up to £439.20, that's 22%. No such thing as a free lunch I suppose (well, except for all those other options I installed without having to disturb the moths in my wallet! ;) )

When I bought my scope from a UK supplier, I ordered the scope and the SPL2016 but not the licence for, ahem, "reasons". Before fulfilling the order, they picked up on this, and managed to convince me into buying a licence too... a licence I've, ahem, never used.

Offline stoepie2002

• Contributor
« Reply #4548 on: Yesterday at 07:58:55 pm »
Yes, happy with this version, thanks Siglent!

The video triggering now does understand the Field1 Field2 in video trigger mode. Nice.  ;D

Counting lines is still horribly difficult, so it seems, but one can't have it all.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, phecap, artik

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4549 on: Yesterday at 08:30:22 pm »
Total cost is now no less than the HW and the previous license.....

Hello,

for SDS3000X HD the costs for license and hardware were about 900 €. The hardware now costs around 506 €.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf