Author Topic: Where is the Keysight Megazoom V ASIC?  (Read 17250 times)

emi91, Lexy, MJF and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Where is the Keysight Megazoom V ASIC?
« Reply #150 on: Yesterday at 07:13:23 am »
It's funny what the distributor websites spit out if you know what to search for. I have prices  8)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, pdenisowski

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #151 on: Yesterday at 09:45:14 pm »
It's funny what the distributor websites spit out if you know what to search for. I have prices  8)
So there is public info, but you won't share it?

Coming in and teasing (make fun of or attempt to provoke) people is leaving a sour taste behind.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Jacon, Martin72, Anthocyanina

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 10:51:38 pm »

If Dave's under NDA then he can't publish anything.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 10:56:07 pm »
Then it's best not to say anything at all.
"I know something you don't know, but I'm not allowed to say it" is child's play.
But I don't think Dave is doing kids' stuff, so that's more of a misunderstanding in the sense that there's nothing new.
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Someone, egonotto, Jacon, Anthocyanina

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #154 on: Today at 05:56:03 am »

Just the price is public, but only if you know what to search for. If I gave you the search term then that's that same as me blabbing that info that was given to me in confidence.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #155 on: Today at 06:03:46 am »
But I don't think Dave is doing kids' stuff, so that's more of a misunderstanding in the sense that there's nothing new.

They have literally announced a new scope is coming:
https://connectlp.keysight.com/New-Scope-Coming-Soon

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: Today at 06:53:01 am »
Then it's best not to say anything at all.
"I know something you don't know, but I'm not allowed to say it" is child's play.

I think it is weird as coming from Keysight to have this "teaser" marketing strategy. Is there no competent marketing people to hire anymore?
What this teaser strategy has to do with professionals and how Keysight is doing business?

Anyways, until we see it we won't know if that new scope even has to do anything with this topic at all..
I.e. if this new scope is Infiniivision series Megazoom IV equivalent.

When people ask "Will there be new Megazoom IV(5)?" they mean new chipset that will allow new generation of Infiniivision 1000/2000/3000/4000 class of scopes.
From what I can see, new scope will be Infinium class and therefore not relevant for this topic at all.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, jusaca

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #157 on: Today at 09:15:30 am »
When people ask "Will there be new Megazoom IV(5)?" they mean new chipset that will allow new generation of Infiniivision 1000/2000/3000/4000 class of scopes.
From what I can see, new scope will be Infinium class and therefore not relevant for this topic at all.

As someone noted on here, they just released the MXR-B series Infinium, with now no less than 6 scopes in the range.
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/oscilloscopes/infiniium-real-time-oscilloscopes.html
The Infinivision architecture is now pushing 14 years old
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/oscilloscopes/infiniivision-2-4-channel-digital-oscilloscopes.html
But the 4000G was just released in Jan 2024, but nothing new, same old architecture, so probably just a "fill in the gaps" release.
https://apctech.com/news/keysight-introduces-new-infiniivision-4000g-x-series-oscilloscope.html

Where's your bet?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: Today at 09:30:31 am »

As someone noted on here, they just released the MXR-B series Infinium, with now no less than 6 scopes in the range.
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/oscilloscopes/infiniium-real-time-oscilloscopes.html
The Infinivision architecture is now pushing 14 years old
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/oscilloscopes/infiniivision-2-4-channel-digital-oscilloscopes.html
But the 4000G was just released in Jan 2024, but nothing new, same old architecture, so probably just a "fill in the gaps" release.
https://apctech.com/news/keysight-introduces-new-infiniivision-4000g-x-series-oscilloscope.html

Where's your bet?
Not a gambling man.
But if I were to speculate a response to R&S 4 and 5 12 bit series.
Basically a oaralel line not a replacement to old MZ IV lne

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: Today at 09:37:09 am »
Where's your bet?
Not a gambling man.

:) Father always told me: be stubborn but don't bet.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #160 on: Today at 09:48:15 am »

To do that you'd have to replace 4 different series scopes in one hit, big ask.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: Today at 10:23:01 am »

To do that you'd have to replace 4 different series scopes in one hit, big ask.

No they would not, actually...
It would not be replacement but released in parallel.
Same as R&S released first one 12 bit, then another..
They will not stop selling existing black refresh M.Z. IV as long as people will buy them.

Make note R&S did not release replacement for RTB2000/RTM3000/RTA4000, but two scopes above that class..
I presume Keysight will not first release 12 bit 1000 series first..
But hey what do I know?

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
  • Product Management Engineer, Rohde & Schwarz
    • Test and Measurement Fundamentals Playlist on the R&S YouTube channel
« Reply #162 on: Today at 10:30:33 am »
I think it is weird as coming from Keysight to have this "teaser" marketing strategy. Is there no competent marketing people to hire anymore?
What this teaser strategy has to do with professionals and how Keysight is doing business?

Tek did a "teaser" for their 2 series MSO and we (R&S) did a "teaser" for the MXO4, so Keysight would kind of be the "odd man out" if they didn't do this for their new scope.

The interesting thing to me is that teaser campaigns seem to (historically) be limited to oscilloscopes.  I don't recall similar campaigns for VNAs, spec ans, sig gens, etc., either from us or from our competitors.

Maybe that says something about the kinds of people who buy scopes? :)

Test and Measurement Fundamentals video series on the Rohde & Schwarz YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKxVoO5jUTlvsVtDcqrVn0ybqBVlLj2z8

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: Today at 10:37:30 am »

Tek did a "teaser" for their 2 series MSO and we (R&S) did a "teaser" for the MXO4, so Keysight would kind of be the "odd man out" if they didn't do this for their new scope.

The interesting thing to me is that teaser campaigns seem to (historically) be limited to oscilloscopes.  I don't recall similar campaigns for VNAs, spec ans, sig gens, etc., either from us or from our competitors.

Maybe that says something about the kinds of people who buy scopes? :)

Or marketing people for scopes looking at wrong data... :-DD

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
  • Product Management Engineer, Rohde & Schwarz
    • Test and Measurement Fundamentals Playlist on the R&S YouTube channel
« Reply #164 on: Today at 10:41:48 am »
Same as R&S released first one 12 bit, then another.

And I don't think I'm giving anything away if I strongly hint (tease?) that we're not finished releasing 12 bit scopes.

If I had four new scopes to release, I wouldn't release them all at the same time, even if they were all "ready" at the same time.  NPIs (new product introductions) generate a lot of good publicity and "buzz" that extends well beyond the product being released. 

An NPI is also a LOT of work - it's not just sending out a press release and updating a website.  An important part of that process is working with industry influencers like Dave to give them early access to new instruments, and that of course does require some degree of confidentiality.

(and, ironically, I think this thread kind of proves that there is some merit to the "teaser" strategy after all ....)
Test and Measurement Fundamentals video series on the Rohde & Schwarz YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKxVoO5jUTlvsVtDcqrVn0ybqBVlLj2z8

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: Today at 10:54:12 am »
Same as R&S released first one 12 bit, then another.

And I don't think I'm giving anything away if I strongly hint (tease?) that we're not finished releasing 12 bit scopes.

If I had four new scopes to release, I wouldn't release them all at the same time, even if they were all "ready" at the same time.  NPIs (new product introductions) generate a lot of good publicity and "buzz" that extends well beyond the product being released. 

An NPI is also a LOT of work - it's not just sending out a press release and updating a website.  An important part of that process is working with industry influencers like Dave to give them early access to new instruments, and that of course does require some degree of confidentiality.

(and, ironically, I think this thread kind of proves that there is some merit to the "teaser" strategy after all ....)

Well said...

As for merit, we'll see when they release and publish price and specs and what is target market....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf