Author Topic: Siglent SDS 1202X-E - Firmware Update  (Read 17785 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS 1202X-E - Firmware Update
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2019, 10:53:09 am »
New firmware for SDS1202X-E

Version 1.3.26
6MB
https://www.siglentamerica.com/download/9195/
https://www.siglenteu.com/download/8062/
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS1202X-E_1.3.26_EN.zip

Release notes
1. Channel waveform can be hidden
2. Added a pop message: If there are too many serial frames in one sample, the Scope does not decode all of the serial frames and pop up message of 'Decoding to maximum frame number limitation!'
3. Fixed the bug: Save/Recall setup of trigger and scale issue
4. Fixed the bug: In fine adjust mode, some scale such as 302 mV/DIV is in the wrong position
5. Fixed the bug: LIN decoder doesn't decode frames with zero-length response
6. Fixed the bug: If the Courser Offset is not a multiple of zoom time base, the curser will be replaced when zoomed
7. Fixed the bug: The measurements made with the cursor in Ref. Give wrong values for all the different probes of X1
8. Fixed the bug: Measures fairs with GATE give completely random values in signals of low frequency
9. Fixed the bug: Normal trigger can show more-than-one trigger event on the display at one time
10. Fixed the bug: Erratic triggering, randomly jumping between the first and the second edge of a signal
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:27:52 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: shiftdelete, fabrizio_fabrice

Offline Spudlicious

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 10:38:04 am »
Nothing like resurrecting an old thread is there?

I've had my SDS1202X-E since April 2018 and totally think it's a good scope. But when I installed the 1.3.26 update it wasn't showing any channel display; all menus and legends were shown correctly, but not a hint of a signal trace. I tried the update again, no joy. Tried downloading again and reinstalling, no joy. So I've been running software version 5.01.3.23, and then I stumbled across this thread. Obviously I'm being a dunce or I'd find others with the same issue, so what is my error?
Your witness my own hand

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 11:24:21 am »

I've had my SDS1202X-E since April 2018 and totally think it's a good scope. But when I installed the 1.3.26 update it wasn't showing any channel display; all menus and legends were shown correctly, but not a hint of a signal trace. I tried the update again, no joy. Tried downloading again and reinstalling, no joy. So I've been running software version 5.01.3.23, and then I stumbled across this thread. Obviously I'm being a dunce or I'd find others with the same issue, so what is my error?

And just immediately after update what you did. Exactly.

You look display and try this and that and traces are out from screen? After then you think something is wrong?  Did you follow update instructions inside update package. Beginning of instructions is bolded red colored text with big font size and red color.

Now I ask because in your message you did not tell you have done it.

How it is, done or not done.

If all done as need, then need investigate more. I have updated several SDS1202X-E and never any even minor problem. But I have small suspect that you have jumped over one points and then alarmed just because traces are not visible and get panic...

Why you have updated twice. If it tell update 100% and so on... it IS updated and there is not any single reason to do it again. Except if instructions ask to do it twice (rare).  It is not lottery generator.
Then you have downgraded it back to previous version. What it helps now.

Now, update it again to .26 version but now --- BEFORE you do it read update instructions and follow perfectly. Start reading from beginning... and believe this red Note text 2nd sentence there is due to real reason. I know it is boring someone tell RTFM but I have seen it so many times happen... just in this. 
Instruction sheet is inside update ZIP package where is .ADS and then 2 pdf files.

Because least some individual unit can leave traces out from screen... after update but before _. <read this missing word from instruction>.

And after it all is finished.
If traces are then still unavailable do nothing but ask help how to go forward.
Do not downgrade FW again until bit more inspected this. It can not inspect when problem is not on.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:43:52 am by rf-loop »
BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 10:55:56 am »

Are the channels selected as Hidden ? Channel tabs will still be visible but with an H in the tab.
It's a new feature and to enable/disable it is on P2 of each channels menu.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Orange

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2020, 01:04:56 pm »

Are the channels selected as Hidden ? Channel tabs will still be visible but with an H in the tab.

I think rf-loop tries to explain from the Siglent update doc:

Note: During the update, do not cut off the power or pull out the U-disk.
Please perform a self-calibration once if the machine is updated from any version.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:06:32 pm by Orange »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 01:36:52 pm »

I think rf-loop tries to explain from the Siglent update doc:

Note: During the update, do not cut off the power or pull out the U-disk.

Please perform a self-calibration once if the machine is updated from any version.
Yep.
First is always mandatory and obvious.

Specially this 2nd sentence - in this case.

Btw, I have never seen that update to this version itself turn trace hide on. And he told traces was disappeared after update and can not find these at all.
But I have seen more than once with some updates that traces have been out of screen before done first selfcal after update.  Siglent do not write this without reason.
BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Offline AleXis6

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2023, 11:05:46 pm »
new Version 1.3.27
1. Fixed the bug: SCPI sets trigger level error when probe is 10X
2. Fixed the bug: SCPI(C4-C1:MEAD? FRR) is error
3. Optimized accessing USB drive so that when a USB drive is moved to a computer, Windows will not prompt a restoration of the USB drive.
4. Fixed the bug: CSV file does not consider probe
5. Fixed the bug of UART decoder with some special settings
6. Fixed the bug: PNSU SCPI is error by socket to transfer binary fil

The following users thanked this post: sonpul, dcore

Offline sonpul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2023, 11:33:59 am »
Updated firmware to V1.3.27 and calibration.
It seems to me that the offset has become less.

Offline AleXis6

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2023, 08:26:18 pm »
my scope is not so good, especially Ch1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:55:50 pm by AleXis6 »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2023, 09:55:56 pm »
Quite common after a FW update.

Please run SelfCal.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline sonpul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2023, 07:35:00 am »
My CH1 is not very good either. Need to warm up for 30 minutes and calibrate. When cold, CH1 will have a large deviation until it warms up for 30 minutes.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2023, 07:39:06 am »
My CH1 is not very good either. Need to warm up for 30 minutes and calibrate. When cold, CH1 will have a large deviation until it warms up for 30 minutes.
Set AutoCal to ON, it's on P1 in the Utility menu.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline sonpul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2023, 09:03:04 am »
The AutoCal setting is always set to ON. This has never had an effect on temperature drift.

Offline AleXis6

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2023, 03:01:33 pm »
Please run SelfCal.
I did 5 times.
may be the quality/resistance of earth wire can influence

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2023, 03:37:05 pm »
So you have an offset error of 300 µV. Have you ever checked the spec. sheet? Here's what it says about the offset error:

±(1%* Offset+1.5%*8*div+500 uV): ≤1 mv/div

Since there are folks who might be confused by more complex error margin specifications like this, let's exercise it step by step:
1 % of the offset. You set the offset to zero, so this error component can only be zero as well.
1.5 % * 8 * div. This means 1.5 % of the full scale (screen) voltage. At 500 µV/div it is 1.5 % * 8 * 500 µV = 1.5 % * 4 mV = 60 µV. Up to now the observed offset would be too high, but now it comes:
+ 500 µV. That makes for a total of 560 µV. What you see is certainly less than that, so your scope is well within spec.

These 500 µV are there for a reason. It is not because Siglent is mean and doesn't want their customers to have perfectly zero-aligned traces when offset is set to zero and there is no input signal. It is in the way how the offset compensation works. This is not just a software operation, There is a DAC that produces a voltage that is used to compensate any offset in the frontend, no matter where it comes from. If you feed a signal with a significant DC portion in it (and for some reason you don't want to use AC-coupling), then you might want to eliminate it and the offset can become rather high. In the 500 µV/div range you can compensate up to +/-2 V this way. On the other hand you also want to compensate tiny offset voltages, stemming from imbalances of the input stage of the OP-Amp that handles the LF-path of the split path input buffer.

Now it comes: this DAC has a limited resolution. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I assume it is a 12 bit DAC. If that's the case, then one LSB equals 977 µV. This means that the worst case compensation error can be up to +/-490 µV, even for a freshly auto-calibrated scope.

Yes, I know. Everybody wants perfection, even from the cheapest entry level product. I am the same, believe me. But there are always compromises. And even when it may look irritating, an offset error of 300 µV won't ruin your measurements for sure! ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 03:39:54 pm by Performa01 »

The following users thanked this post: AleXis6, sonpul

Offline AleXis6

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2023, 10:21:55 am »
so your scope is well within spec.
Thank you for the detailed answer, I bought this oscilloscope in spring and only now was  able to look at it thoroughly in different modes, at the same time to see those microvolts, which in reality are unlikely to be of use to me

Offline DL9HAM

• DL9HAM at QRZ.COM
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2023, 09:33:58 am »
FW 1.3.27 SDS1202X-E Serial decode kaputt!
I cannot decode serial data with 1.3.27! backdated 1.3.26 works. Can somebody confirm this please?

Setting is UART, 1200 baud 8n1 idle Hi, LSB...
1.3.26 decodes all text, 1.3.27 decodes nothing apart from the occasional wrongly decoded character...

Or am I just too stupid to get this going?

Michael
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 09:39:16 am by DL9HAM »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2023, 09:59:36 am »
I cannot decode serial data with 1.3.27! backdated 1.3.26 works. Can somebody confirm this please?

1.3.26 decodes all text, 1.3.27 decodes nothing apart from the occasional wrongly decoded character...

Michael
Welcome to the forum.

Do ensure decode thresholds are set correctly.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline DL9HAM

• DL9HAM at QRZ.COM
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2023, 10:47:29 am »
Hi, thanks for the quick response,

but I think, I did set the threshold correctly, because I get it working everytime in 1.3.26 but never in 1.3.27.

Do you get it to decode serial, uart in 1.3.27? What is the difference in settings btwn 26 and 27 FW?

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2023, 10:56:44 am »
Hi, thanks for the quick response,

but I think, I did set the threshold correctly, because I get it working everytime in 1.3.26 but never in 1.3.27.

Do you get it to decode serial, uart in 1.3.27? What is the difference in settings btwn 26 and 27 FW?

Have a read of this thread, it may be useful: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-1202x-e-serial-decoding-not-working/
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: mwb1100

Offline DL9HAM

• DL9HAM at QRZ.COM
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2023, 11:24:55 am »
OK, thanks, I went through the thread and now I stay with 1.3.26 FW Level. Spent hours on end on this.. Thanks and have a happy new year!

Michael

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2023, 02:10:07 pm »

Michael

I haven't tried the decode, but I kept the 1327 version for a short time and went back to 1326 (with 1327 they managed to make the USB situation worse, although they say they improved it)

:popcorn:

Offline vorosj

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2024, 12:54:11 am »

Same here. Serial decode fails, the freame in the decoder line is longer then the actual length of the UART frame.
Downgraded to 1.3.26, it's working.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf