Author Topic: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X  (Read 426272 times)

Bad_Driver and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X
« Reply #1875 on: July 14, 2024, 05:54:59 pm »
Thanks to Rob! Everything is up and running!

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1876 on: July 14, 2024, 06:12:39 pm »
I am glad to hear that - even on sunday! Now, have fun watching the EM final on ARD!  :popcorn:

Would you mind giving us some basic information:

date of purchase: probably around May 2021
hardware version:
which FW version:
how many FW updates:
last FW update:
how often in use:

You seem to have several Siglent products and it is clear, that the file from tautech will revive your SDM 3065X and you will be happy again, but for me this is an unbearable situation being dependent on another's help, allthough you haven't done anything wrong, but using a benchtop multimeter. That just won't do for me!

Because of your problem and many others having the same issue, I will buy a Rigol DM3068 once again, allthough I sold mine only two years ago because of the loud fan noise and the simple display:

..., but I have never ever had any problems with it, no matter how long it was on or off or not in use at all!!! ...and that is probably the reason, why it is still more expensive than a Siglent SDM 3065X! Ha ha ha...

By the way: It seems, that Batronix will sell off all their Siglent DMMs, in order to get rid of it:  :horse:

https://www.batronix.com/versand/multimeter/multimeter.html

Sorry, but the laugh is always on the loser!  :-DD

Cheers!  :)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1877 on: July 14, 2024, 06:22:05 pm »
What did you actually want to tell us now?
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1878 on: July 14, 2024, 06:42:50 pm »
but for me this is an unbearable situation being dependent on another's help, allthough you haven't done anything wrong, but using a benchtop multimeter. That just won't do for me!

Because of your problem and many others having the same issue, I will buy a Rigol DM3068 once again, allthough I sold mine only two years ago because of the loud fan noise and the simple display:

If/when the issue occurs it's on long outdated firmware after not being used for an extended period of time. It's also not that many people that have the issue either, it's probably in an exceptionally low percentile.

You might be happier with Rigol since they're so terrible about releasing new firmware you never need to worry about running updates. 😂
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Online slavoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1879 on: July 14, 2024, 06:52:49 pm »
By the way, we have new oscilloscopes, new generators are coming. I wonder what the situation is with new multimeters  8)

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1880 on: July 14, 2024, 07:00:59 pm »
One of the benefits of using Siglent devices I value most is the strong and helpful community we have here and yes, Rob is our best „asset“.
I hope, that the Rigol community gets comparable support.

I‘m grateful that Rob helped me on Sunday (Monday early morning in NZ). But I got the same help from the german Siglent support when I had some issues with my scope what later was identified as a new discovered bug that was fixed with the next firmware.

And no, I don‘t want to join the Rigol-Siglent battlefield.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh, Martin72, slavoy

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1881 on: July 14, 2024, 07:07:22 pm »
By the way, we have new oscilloscopes, new generators are coming. I wonder what the situation is with new multimeters  8)

There's a pro series coming soon. SDM4065A for example. Looks nice.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: slavoy

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1882 on: July 14, 2024, 08:07:01 pm »
What did you actually want to tell us now?

Maybe, that watching football makes more fun...and that in the newest podcast of "Computer & Kommunikation" from WDR 5 they talked about implemented software/hardware hacks in hardware devices from certain telecommunication companies... I guess, this came into my mind, that such a device may be a time bomb, as we don't know, what the future will be, because rethinking starts always from a minority and not from the one fishing for compliments... But let us hope for the best!

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1883 on: July 14, 2024, 08:07:55 pm »

Unfortunately, it has the same dimensions as my analogue scope from 1970, respectively as the Keithley DMM 6500, when google translation is not mistaken.

In contrast to fanboys or other prejudiced people, I only want to have equipment, which is trustful and has a reasonable price vs. benefit. I don't care whether its Siglent, Rigol, Keithley, Keysight or Rohde & Schwarz or whatever...

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1884 on: July 14, 2024, 08:26:31 pm »
Unfortunately, it has the same dimensions as my analogue scope from 1970, respectively as the Keithley DMM 6500, when google translation is not mistaken.

In contrast to fanboys or other prejudiced people, I only want to have equipment, which is trustful and has a reasonable price vs. benefit. I don't care whether its Siglent, Rigol, Keithley, Keysight or Rohde & Schwarz or whatever...

Pro gear is typically larger. My ST2832 LCR is larger than my SDM3065X.

BTW- those "sale" prices you posted, are about the same as the regular prices in the US.

There's no timebombs or fanboy nonsense, only facts. You can buy whatever you like.

I'm happy with all my Siglent gear, except for my old hardware version SPD3303X. That one probably is a timebomb. Still under warranty though, so if it blows up within a year, I should be okay.

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1885 on: July 14, 2024, 10:14:21 pm »
I am glad to hear that - even on sunday!

Would you mind giving us some basic information:

date of purchase: probably around May 2021
hardware version:
which FW version:
how many FW updates:
last FW update:
how often in use:

You seem to have several Siglent products and it is clear, that the file from tautech will revive your SDM 3065X and you will be happy again, but for me this is an unbearable situation being dependent on another's help, allthough you haven't done anything wrong, but using a benchtop multimeter. That just won't do for me!
We hear you.  :P

You seem ill-informed as these issues are boot freezes resulting from substandard NAND flash management......a problem even the A brands have.

Some time back FW was released to remedy this and when everyone gets up to date instead of ignoring: 3. Optimize flash R&W design in the FW release notes, these problems will disappear.

So rather than have these misbehaving units returned to a service center  :horse: we have the SW tools for a straightforward and quick repair .......wherever you are in the world !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: flash2b, Mortymore, movie, KungFuJosh, Martin72, InvisibleMan

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1886 on: July 14, 2024, 10:20:12 pm »
Thanks to Rob! Everything is up and running!
As far as that is concerned, you simply have to take your hat off to Rob. :-+

"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: Bad_Driver, InvisibleMan

Offline klausES

• Regular Contributor
  • Restore Sony ES/Esprit era
« Reply #1887 on: July 14, 2024, 11:14:23 pm »
To make a headline like a boulevard newspaper because of a 2% discount, who should be deterred with it ?
This dealer sometimes makes a price campaign, which he has always done in the past.
This howl annoys. You don't have a hairdresser to whom you can tell ??
regards klaus. "Art is when you can't do it ... because if you can, it's not art"

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1888 on: Yesterday at 04:57:27 am »
Since I‘m a very loyal customer to my german Siglent distributor my SDM3065 was much cheaper than this „ground breaking“ special price of Batronix.

But freedom means also freedom of choice to buy what you want. I‘m happy to have it now after living  too long in former East Germany.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:24:39 am by Bad_Driver »

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1889 on: Yesterday at 08:13:42 am »
I sold my Rigol DM3058 and it was exchanged by a Siglent DMM and I am very happy with my decision. I never looked back and I have never once had the thought "but the Rigol could do that better".

Meh. No! I don't like the color (A black housing immediately shows any dust and always looks dusty) and I think I do not like the UI. I want to be able to switch from voltage measurement to resistance etc. with a single keystroke. This UI looks to me more like you have to use the rotary knob to select the needed measurement, which just takes unnecessary time. No thanks! I will pass.
I sincerely hope that this will not become a new trend in measuring instruments (similar to cars: fewer and fewer buttons, but everything has to be operated via a central touchscreen).
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:18:38 am by Pinkus »

The following users thanked this post: Jacon, slavoy

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1890 on: Yesterday at 03:28:46 pm »
Meh. No! I don't like the color (A black housing immediately shows any dust and always looks dusty) and I think I do not like the UI. I want to be able to switch from voltage measurement to resistance etc. with a single keystroke. This UI looks to me more like you have to use the rotary knob to select the needed measurement, which just takes unnecessary time. No thanks! I will pass.
I sincerely hope that this will not become a new trend in measuring instruments (similar to cars: fewer and fewer buttons, but everything has to be operated via a central touchscreen).

I have no idea what the UI will be like. It is a touch screen though, so maybe good, maybe not. I'll take the safe assumption that the UI will get improvements after feedback from customers. I recently did a recovery to upgrade the OS on my scope, and for the 5 minutes it had an older firmware version on it, the UI updates were blatantly obvious.

The dark color casing is the trend right now with their Pro / HD models. I'm happy with my SDM3065X, and wouldn't mind a second one. I'm not picky about the case color, so I'd be curious about the new pro series too. I'm not worried about dust. My office is clean, and my TE stuff sits in shelving mostly covered.

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1891 on: Yesterday at 06:31:34 pm »
........(A black housing immediately shows any dust and always looks dusty).......

Those that own a black car know black isn't a color, it's a hobby. Don't ask how we know :o

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1892 on: Today at 06:00:26 am »
I kept running my SDM3065 and my 25y old 34401a for some hours - at the end not that bad!
The Brymen performs also good.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1893 on: Today at 07:27:05 am »
I kept running my SDM3065 and my 25y old 34401a for some hours - at the end not that bad!

The SPD4000 certificate notes as an 34401A gear used :-DD

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1894 on: Today at 08:56:21 am »

The SPD4000 certificate notes as an 34401A gear used :-DD

reliable equipment, happy to have one! :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf