Author Topic: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware  (Read 10004 times)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2024, 09:01:31 am »
:blah:

You cant just acknowledge the facts, cant you? There is no need to get upset about facts...  :palm:

And why don't you go back and change every single stupid testament you did that was proven wrong, and mark it as such?
You won't because that is what you do. Say something bombastic and wrong, but when proven wrong you insist we don't talk about it anymore.

Inflammatory statement stays, and no rebuke. Protracted arguing, and changing of subject, so you end up with some recognition that something you said was right. Then you use that to prove your initial statement was completely OK, while the core statement was completely wrong.. People read and it seems all is true...
This is all you do all the time.

"I saw a pink elephant, eating a grass!! Here is the photo."
"You are wrong! It is not pink! That is just plain elephant."
"What are you saying, I'm wrong? You say I lied that I saw elephant eating grass? Prove it!!"
"Prove what? You lying? Prove there was an elephant? Prove it was not pink? What?" Fact stays it is not pink."
"How do you know that it was not pink? Prove it!"
"Ok here is the photo. Clearly shows it was not pink."
"But is eating the grass like I said. Why don't you admit it..:"
 :palm:

This is how it feels talking to you.

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, TurboTom, Jacon

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2024, 02:18:12 pm »
:blah:

You cant just acknowledge the facts, cant you? There is no need to get upset about facts...  :palm:

127.0.0.1 is local host, meaning, if that was shown in your browser console, that was occurring on your PC/browser. If it was the scope, it would have shown the scope's IP address.

2N3055 is correct, and you should try to read his statements again and improve your understanding of them.

You also need to understand, again as 2N3055 said, the SCPI part of the Siglent web console was intended for very basic use like getting scope ID, or applying licenses. It was not intended for data acquisition.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2024, 08:19:41 pm »
127.0.0.1 is local host, meaning, if that was shown in your browser console, that was occurring on your PC/browser. If it was the scope, it would have shown the scope's IP address.

Nope it was the html response with code 200 from the scope.  :P

That localhost ip is part of the message from the scope.

Code: [Select]

{"success":true}\r\n{"retCount":1}\r\n{"cmdrslt":"uart,rx,rx_err;\nuart,tx,tx_err;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0d1","from":"127.0.0.1"}\r\n
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 08:29:33 pm by eTobey »
"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2024, 09:02:42 pm »

Nope it was the html response with code 200 from the scope.  :P

That localhost ip is part of the message from the scope.

{"success":true}\r\n{"retCount":1}\r\n{"cmdrslt":"uart,rx,rx_err;\nuart,tx,tx_err;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n,Over Length;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x00,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0x80,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0,;\n0xC0d1","from":"127.0.0.1"}\r\n

It doesn't matter. It actually proves message comes from a sort of SCPI client. Which has the bug, no matter where it sits and is a part of Web server remote suite, wherever it sits while running.

It is not problem with SCPI server on scope , but something to do with Web remote interface code.
Like I repeated many times. You were wrong and called a wrong bug.

Like we said many times (really many times) before, if you find a suspicious behavior or something that looks like a problem, you would look much smarter to cautiously report is as such: a potential problem. Then other people can either teach you what you did wrong (if you did), or if you did stumble on some real problem they can help recreate problem. And if that happens then you stumbled upon a bug. And then we have something to report, which already has proof and is unequivocally an issue. And as such they pretty much go directly into "fix queue"..
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 04:15:34 pm by 2N3055 »

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2024, 09:13:03 pm »
Bug: gate changed issue:
Wrote this one before, but it was denied/ignored, so here is a video:

"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2024, 08:43:22 am »
Issue:
Grid not aligned. While trying to reproduce this on the normal channel, SCPI interface the scope crashed. :-DD

« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 08:59:09 am by eTobey »

Offline nanopico

• Contributor
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2024, 11:14:13 am »
Can you post your "test SCPI.py" file?

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2024, 02:51:20 pm »
I could now reproduce the issue with the Z4 "channel". The grid is not aligned, and this happens, when changing the offset of C4, or the position Z4.

Also i could reproduce the scope crashing. It seems to be caused by sending commands to quickly.

import telnetlib
import time

class POP3Telnet:
    def __init__(self, host, port):
        self.tel = telnetlib.Telnet(host, port)
        #self.lese_daten()
    def close(self):
        self.tel.close()
    def lese_daten(self):
        return self.tel.read_until(b"\n", 2)
    def kommando(self, kom):
        self.tel.write(("{}\r\n".format(kom)).encode())
        time.sleep(0.02) # May need adjusting
        return

host = "type your ip here"
port = 5024
user = ""
passwd = ""

gate_1A = -35
gate_1B = 35

gate_2A = 400
gate_2B = 8000

#formatString = "FUNC4:POS -{}E-3"
formatString = "CHAN4:OFFS -{}E-3"

measureWaitTime = 0.010 #0.005 is good
frameChangeWaitTime = 0.001

pop = POP3Telnet(host, port)

# Read and discard useless Messages
pop.lese_daten().decode()
pop.lese_daten().decode()

pop.kommando("decode:list2:result?")
for x in range(0,5000, 100):
    print(formatString.format(x))
    pop.kommando(formatString.format(x))
    time.sleep(0.3)

pop.kommando("QUIT")
pop.close()
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 03:02:22 pm by eTobey »

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2024, 04:53:19 pm »
I could now reproduce the issue with the Z4 "channel". The grid is not aligned, and this happens, when changing the offset of C4, or the position Z4.

What is the issue ?
What grid is not aligned?
What exactly are you doing?
Video is not helpful at all.

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2024, 05:51:19 pm »
What is the issue ?

Read and watch again. Or just say this is not an issue, as you always do.  :palm:

Offline shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2024, 06:11:05 pm »
I'm not getting it either.
I'm seeing a video where something is happening. M'kay.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2024, 06:47:51 pm »
What is the issue ?

Read and watch again. Or just say this is not an issue, as you always do.  :palm:

Okay.... :-//

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2024, 10:33:17 pm »
Read and watch again.

I'm in agreement with 2N3055 here. I have watched the video several times, and have read the accompanying post too -- the latter was quick, since "grid not aligned" is all you wrote. That really does not enable me to figure out what you did on the scope, what the expected response was, and what you observed instead.

I have commented before that videos don't work for me as a bug report. I have no idea what to watch out for. All I can see here is grid lines moving while the axis labels stay put. Which one is right? What's happening on the controls? Or can this only be achieved via rapid SCPI commands?

Detailed commentary is really needed, either in writing (with reference to time stamps in the video) or spoken as part of the video. Maybe slow down the video to allow enough time for spoken comments.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Furna

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2024, 11:10:07 pm »
All I can see here is grid lines moving while the axis labels stay put.
That's a (quite nice, if you ask me) configuration option: one can choose a static grid (where labels change according to offset at a given scale) or fixed axis and a moving grid with fixed value labels.
The boy still cries wolf, might be the usual chihuahua puppy.
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

The following users thanked this post: Furna

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2024, 05:29:26 am »
I dont get it, why you dont get it. But i also dont get it, why i didnt catch that one way earlier.  ;D

If an axis shows values, then these values typically have a corresponding line in the graph. So the "numbers go with the lines". Think about that: whats the point in having these lines, if you dont know their values?

That's a (quite nice, if you ask me) configuration option: one can choose a static grid (where labels change according to offset at a given scale) or fixed axis and a moving grid with fixed value labels.
The boy still cries wolf, might be the usual chihuahua puppy.

Have you actually watched the video youself, or do you only repeat what others said about me? It looks like the two features are mixed together here.

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2024, 07:14:48 am »
"Issue" frequency measurment wrong on zooming out:

When zooming out, the measurement of the frequency yields wrong values.

I tried to see what is wrong with the Siglent SDG1032 (or what i have set up in it), but the Siglent SDS800X was jealous and demanded more attention and presenting me this:

The frequency that is measured at the bottom should stay the same IMHO, when zooming out.

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2024, 07:25:00 am »
Have you actually watched the video youself, or do you only repeat what others said about me?
I have the luck (?) to be human, and not a parrot, so of course I have watched the video*.

Part of this luck is that humans have developed this very powerful tool, called "language", enabling us to convey sophisticated concepts in a - sometimes - concise and clear way.

A 10 seconds video with no explanation is not that.

This has probably been told you a number of times, but a decent way to report suspected bugs is:
  • A slogan, to help set the topic.
    E.g., "Triggering on both edges shows garbled trace"
  • What I was doing, including any particular setup (no, not the .xml, which might help in some case as additional info) but a description.
    E.g, "I was observing a square wave at 1 MHz, 2 Vpp from my AWG, connected with a direct BNC cable".
  • The, and this is fundamental, steps to reproduce the suspected problem.
    E.g, "I changed triggering from rising edge to both edges"
  • What was the expected result.
    E.g, "I expected the scope to show two strong, almost uninterrupted,  lines at the top and bottom, and faint lines where the transitions occur"
  • What is the actual result.
    E.g., "The display contains many horizontal lines at unexpected levels"
  • A suspected cause, if known.
  • Possible workarounds, if any

It looks like the two features are mixed together here.
Now I see it. Of course I cannot reproduce it, that's why step 3 is paramount.

And, of course, you did it again while I was writing this. At least there's a slogan and a hint on how to reproduce, which makes it much easier to give an answer.

Nyquist. You are severely undersampling the signal. Trace measurements work on the samples, not on the actual analog signal. See chapter 18.12 in the User Manual, but in addition to that I would suggest some introductory text to digital signal processing (Lyons? Is that still around?), I have the impression you miss some of the fundamentals.

* I don't always do that - but I don't answer if I haven't.
You were, for reasons I don't honestly remember, in my ignore list long before you started the barrage of posts on Rigol and Siglent scopes and AWGs. I still open some from time to time, according to the reactions and my willingness to be entertained.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 07:26:50 am by newbrain »
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2024, 08:11:43 am »

I tried to see what is wrong with the Siglent SDG1032 (or what i have set up in it), but the Siglent SDS800X was jealous and demanded more attention and presenting me this:

The frequency that is measured at the bottom should stay the same IMHO, when zooming out.

Stop using stupid names for scope function.

This one I blame Dave for. He is using it all the time and he is wrong.

You are not "zooming out". You are not using Zoom function. There, there is the button on the scope...

You are CHANGING TIME BASE.
Whether you are changing it on stopped or running scope it is same. It is called time base. Knob that is called Horizontal, changes "Time base".
That means you are changing amount and place of data scope is showing on the screen and analysing.

And I just love how you are deliberately not showing any settings on the bottom of the scope's screen, so we cannot tell you how settings are wrong.

So basically these videos are useless. They only show you are doing something. Nobody understands what.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline Furna

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2024, 08:48:35 am »
I wrote before "My last post on this topic"; I know I am contractidting myself  |O

It doesn't matter. It actually proves message comes from a sort of SCPI client. Which has the bug, no matter where it sits and is a part of Web server remote suite, wherever it sits while running.

The client that is *inside* the OS of the scope and connects to the SCPI server and pass the data to the Web Server ... still worth to report and investigation.
Here I am speculating: indeed that "127.0.0.1" makes me *guess* the SCPI server disconnected the client; that doesn't mean the SCPI server is buggy ...
Without further investigation from the inside it is not possible to say.
For what I am concerned Siglent can just put a note in the manual and in the web page to indicate that the web interface is ment to just run configuration commands and nothing else.

It is not problem with SCPI server on scope , but something to do with Web remote interface code.
Like I repeated many times. You were wrong and called a wrong bug.

Bug or issue ... whatever. End users claim something is not working, no matter how they call it. Bug report is compiled by you @2N3055
I agree details on how to reproduce the issue are needed but why loose time trying to change end user attitude?

Like we said many times (really many times) before, if you find a suspicious behavior or something that looks like a problem, you would look much smarter to cautiously report is as such: a potential problem. Then other people can either teach you what you did wrong (if you did), or if you did stumble on some real problem they can help recreate problem. And if that happens then you stumbled upon a bug. And then we have something to report, which already has proof and is unequivocally an issue. And as such they pretty much go directly into "fix queue"..

Agree.

Nobody is blaming the BROWSER itself (as in Chrome or Edge...).
It's not a bug of the scope, it's limitations of the web browser as explained well above by 2N3055.

If you remember my first post quoted KungFuJosh not 2N3055

:blah: :blah: :blah:  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 08:54:28 am by Furna »
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2024, 09:03:59 am »
I wrote before "My last post on this topic"; I know I am contractidting myself  |O

Yes "someone is wrong on Internet..:"..
Guilty too....

Yes of course it will be investigated. And if the behaviour is by design then in manual it will be noted.
My comments are that nobody ever even tried to "abuse" this poor little window this way.

And SCPI server is working well, and several people (including myself) showed that is works when you use NI VISA which is manufacturer officially supported way to push/pull SCPI data.

As for setting things straight, that is something we NEED to do.
Otherwise loud idiots opinion is the only one you can hear...
Someone comes in 3 months later and finds 750 posts about bugs and decides that something is buggy.
While there are 15 bugs out of which 14 are already fixed in record time.
The rest of it is just a person posting nonsense.

Argument that "people can think for themselves" is not valid.
Once the number of  false postings reaches 1000 nobody reads anymore.
They just think "where is the smoke, there is the fire" and start eating propaganda.
Doubt and mistrust was sown...

And truth was lost along the way, becoming irrelevant.

Offline shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2024, 09:11:09 am »
My comments are that nobody ever even tried to "abuse" this poor little window this way.
...which was the responsibility of the QA team at Siglent ;)

Someone comes in 3 months later and finds 750 posts about bugs and decides that something is buggy.
While there are 15 bugs out of which 14 are already fixed in record time.
The rest of it is just a person posting nonsense.
This is what you're getting when there is no industry-standard issue tracker to organize bug reports properly.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 09:13:00 am by shapirus »

Offline Furna

• Contributor
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2024, 09:22:04 am »
Yes "someone is wrong on Internet..:"..
Guilty too....
I do not feel guilty ... should I?

Yes of course it will be investigated. And if the behaviour is by design then in manual it will be noted.
Thank you for reporting; regarding "abuse" it seems someone was able to reproduce the issue even with few bytes of data. Is that also an "abuse"?

And SCPI server is working well, and several people (including myself) showed that is works when you use NI VISA which is manufacturer officially supported way to push/pull SCPI data.
Well, SCPI is a standard; if the server claims to be SCPI compliant then it should work with whatever client claims to be SCPI compliant.
Moreover, this is still an "advanced hobbyst" grade scope ... someone, for whatever reason, could be uncomfortable installing NI VISA.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 09:24:47 am by Furna »
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2024, 09:23:05 am »
I never thought that such a simple issue can create that much confusion. I only change the bloody offset, and the signal or any other settings (probably) is of no importance whatsoever!

Yes the bottom is clipped, but considering this as deliberately is just stupid.  :-//

Using the words "zooming" or "changing the timebase" is a slight mistake, that should not make it so much harder to understand.

If the math function does math on less points that have been aqcuired, then it should be clearly shown. But is it shown? It just shows "wrong" values in my case.  :palm:

It seems like its not a team, but just one person...  ???
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 09:25:01 am by eTobey »

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2024, 09:42:27 am »
I never thought that such a simple issue can create that much confusion. I only change the bloody offset, and the signal or any other settings (probably) is of no importance whatsoever!

Yes the bottom is clipped, but considering this as deliberately is just stupid.  :-//

Using the words "zooming" or "changing the timebase" is a slight mistake, that should not make it so much harder to understand.

If the math function does math on less points that have been aqcuired, then it should be clearly shown. But is it shown? It just shows "wrong" values in my case.  :palm:

It seems like its not a team, but just one person...  ???

Everything you do wrong is deliberate after being warned hundreds of times.

Using the "wrong words" is not the problem. We call different things differently because the are different thing. That is why they deserve different name. Meaning you call it a zoom means you change visual representation into which part of the picture you are looking at. In this case the scope capture. Nothing else changed, just what you are looking at. When changing time base, you are changing rudimentary settings of the scope, that changes how scope behaves.

My comment wasn't to correct your English. It was to point you that by calling it that you presume behaviour that is not correct.

As for WRONG math, since you repeatedly shown you don't understand squat and don't listen to what you are thought, my money is on you, again, doing something wrong.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2024, 10:18:41 am »
Whether you are changing it on stopped or running scope it is same. It is called time base.
I don't quite understand that.
It's not the same with my cheap scope.

If I change the time base on a stopped scope, I don't get "infinitely" more detail (depending on the memory depth).
Basically, I only stretch what I have captured.
I don't think the term “zoom” is so inappropriate.

If the scope runs while changing the time base, I get more detail.

Is it different with more expensive scopes or am I not understanding this correctly?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf