Author Topic: BG7TBL FA-5-6GP Frequency Counter inside and some tests  (Read 136 times)

Offline KedasProbeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
BG7TBL FA-5-6GP Frequency Counter inside and some tests
« on: August 09, 2024, 08:44:41 am »
Hi,

Some PCB pictures for those that are interested,
PCB board is year 10/2021 and firmware 6/2024
Gate-time maximum is 20sec, above it it waits that long but gives wrong data.
Serial commands in the zip file.

I wrote a program for it since there is no screen on it, if it's not easy to read it's annoying to me anyway, so I decided I can use the one without screen and write a program for it.
It's based on an existing general serial communication program. https://github.com/mcagriaksoy/Serial-Communication-GUI-Program

(Note: I wanted to add some time graphs but I couldn't get it to work, library compatibility....)

EDIT:
- There is no power switch but the PCB board does have a connector for it, if you remove the solder join on the connector pins, at the front left from the led there is some room for a hole.
- I updated excel file so the graphs load faster
 offset is changing with gate-time but also with freq it seems (see offset dip 10Mhz at 1sec and 100Mhz at 0.1sec).
- serial communication is a but tricky since you have to wait until the measurement is done before it does something and it only remembers the last command given, this can feel like it doesn't work at long gate-times.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 05:52:54 pm by KedasProbe »
Not everything that counts can be measured. Not everything that can be measured counts.
[W. Bruce Cameron]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf