Author Topic: RTB Trigger Bug?  (Read 430 times)

Offline DarkoverTopic starter

• Contributor
RTB Trigger Bug?
« on: August 12, 2023, 01:17:47 pm »

Hi everyone,

From time to time I notice a strange behavier of my RTB2004. I would say it happens every 2-3month.
So I am interested if I am alone.

Let me describe what happens  this time:

Yesterday I used the logicprobe with SPI decoder and also CH1. Triggering was on the logicprobe. After the work I switched of the scope.

Today I disconnect the logicprobe and switched on the scope after disconnecting the logic probe. I switched of the SPI-Decoder and also CH1, I switched on CH3.

I connect an iProber current probe on CH3 to measure some current. This probe deliver 1V/A. I went to the probe menu
and select current mode with 1V/A. With the triggering to automatic it was possible to see the signal. I shift the trigger level
to a good position and switched the scope to normal mode. But now it NEVER triggers!

The iProber has a lever to shift the offset of the probe. I noticed that it was not possible to shift it to zero, it was possible to shitt it, but not far enought.

Because of some experience in the past with unusual behavier of the RTB I switched the scope off and on again. But it changed
nothing. Everythink looks good in automatic mode, but no triggering in normal mode.

I change the iProber to CH4 with the same paramater. It works perfekt!

I changed back to CH1 and select an 1:1 voltage probe. This time the probe was working an triggering.
I went back to the probe menu and switch it to current again. This time CH3 was working correct, too!

From my experience the RTB sometime had problem with triggering if you used the logicprobe before!

I am alone with this problem?

Olaf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf