Author Topic: Rigol DP832 dimensions?  (Read 956 times)

Offline spiff72Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol DP832 dimensions?
« on: October 13, 2021, 12:20:00 am »
Hello all,

I recently ordered this bench power supply, and in looking at the spec sheet it shows the following for the dimensions:
239mm(W) x 157mm(H) x 418mm(D)

Can anyone who owns this unit tell me whether these dims include the corner bumpers?  418mm seems surprisingly big for the depth, and I am hoping that it includes the protruding parts of the bumpers!  Trying to figure out what I need to do to my bench to make room for it (replacing Agilent E3646A, which I got for cheap off ebay since only Output 2 works correctly - Output1 unstable).  The E3646A is roughly 100mm shorter than the 418mm depth shown for the Rigol.

Thanks!

Offline Caliaxy

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DP832 dimensions?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 02:47:16 am »
Yes, the bumper corners are included in those dimensions. My DP832 replaced my HP E3631A, which worked perfectly well (and it was only about 40 mm shorter) but wasn’t able to display more than one channel at a time. It actually complemented it, because I still have the HP (it’s sometimes handy to have a 0-6V/5A output).

Don’t forget to upgrade it to 832A  :D

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:54:58 am »
Yes, the bumper corners are included in those dimensions. My DP832 replaced my HP E3631A, which worked perfectly well (and it was only about 40 mm shorter) but wasn’t able to display more than one channel at a time. It actually complemented it, because I still have the HP (it’s sometimes handy to have a 0-6V/5A output).

Don’t forget to upgrade it to 832A  :D

Thanks for the reply!  Can you tell me the H x W x D with the bumpers excluded?

And yes I am planning to upgrade it once it arrives. :-)

Offline Caliaxy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 02:32:21 pm »
About 216mm(W) x 138mm(H) x 380mm(D) plus/minus a few mm (without the binding posts on the front panel)

The following users thanked this post: spiff72

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:04:18 pm »
About 216mm(W) x 138mm(H) x 380mm(D) plus/minus a few mm (without the binding posts on the front panel)

Awesome! Thanks a lot for measuring that for me...

Offline adauphin

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:32 pm »
I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm also considering this PSU and depth is a concern. What is the minimum depth required for this to sit on a shelf without the bumpers? This would be from the front feet (pads) to the rear including room needed for the power cord, not overly concerned with the length of the front controls.

That being said, can it sit on the shelf without the bumpers? Does it need that clearance on the bottom?

Many thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf