Author Topic: Rigol DHO800/900 pre-sales begin  (Read 50539 times)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Rigol DHO800/900 pre-sales begin
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2023, 07:17:18 pm »
I ordered one from batronix today.
Buying instead of loaning, so I´ll have no timelimit for playing. ;)
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Mortymore, ch_scr

Offline Nikki Smith

• Contributor
    • Raspberry Pi, ARM SBCs & electronics hackery
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2023, 11:06:07 am »
Don't buy early release equipment from China without warranty. Just don't do it.
If you want my opinion, I don't buy ANY early release equipment even from local source with full warranty and support.
But that is me. OTOH,  some people like gambling....

Time to roll the dice!  :-DD
I ordered the 804 from China on 3rd September, with estimated delivery on the 17th. I'll report back what, if anything, gets delivered!

Offline simone.pignatti

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
As promised here few images. We have a demo unit from today to test.
Technical Support

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Mortymore, ch_scr, Martin72, Veteran68, LuisBe, Nikki Smith, NE666

Offline NE666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2023, 09:23:48 pm »
Obviously a subjective thing but I find this form-factor very appealing.  I'd like to see Rigol follow this up with a hobbyist-end of the market ARB in this form, retaining the external USB-power and VESA mount: a "baby DG4000 series", with a UI that was properly optimised for touch.  Oh, and add to that a low wattage multi-channel DC linear PSU, for digital and small-signal work.  Add a multi-arm monitor stand with VESA mounts to my workbench and we're good.

[Rigol: If you're reading this, you can thank me later.  With some free samples when they go into production  :) ]

When I first saw how thin it was I had concerns that there would be a tendency for it to lean, or even topple over backwards, when physical buttons are pressed.  I could envisage having to hold and stablise it with the other hand whilst operating it.  However, the photo's that Simone has kindly uploaded show what appears to be quite a decent bracing action from the flip out legs.

Would anyone who currently has one care to speak to how stable they find it on their desk when using the physical controls?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 09:26:15 pm by NE666 »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2023, 09:57:32 pm »
Obviously a subjective thing but I find this form-factor very appealing.

Yepp, very subjective.
For me for example it´s very toy-style like owon or other cheapos from aliexpress.
But if the inner values are right, it doesn't matter.
We will soon find out whether that is the case.
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2023, 02:12:32 am »
However, the photo's that Simone has kindly uploaded show what appears to be quite a decent bracing action from the flip out legs.

Yes, the feet are big.

The weight isn't specified in the manual but I imagine it's reasonably hefty with that big heatsink and the front metalwork.

Edit: Datasheet says it's 1.78kg so, yeah, it's quite heavy...

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2023, 04:39:40 pm »
Just received an email from Batterfly:

"Hello, RIGOL has informed us we will get some early delivery of DHO800s and DHO900s .
We should get the units by September the 22nd, as soon as they arrive your order will be shipped out with express delivery.
We keep you posted, many thanks."

:)

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2023, 08:16:41 pm »
I received a marketing email from Rigol Technologies USA yesterday. Ordering in the US is now open. If you add one to your cart it currently says "Ships in 5-7 weeks"

https://www.rigolna.com/products/rigol-digital-oscilloscopes/dho800/

https://www.rigolna.com/products/rigol-digital-oscilloscopes/dho900/

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 08:20:33 pm by gslick »

The following users thanked this post: mwb1100

Offline ima hogg

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2023, 04:06:39 am »
Any reason not to pull the trigger on this and pickup a DHO924S and PLA2216?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2023, 06:23:36 am »

Depends on what you're planning to do with it.

Offline UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2023, 07:54:38 am »

Why not a 914S + cheap diy PLA2216 (with SN65LVDS391 drivers) ?  you may save about a third of your budget

The following users thanked this post: ima hogg

Offline simone.pignatti

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2023, 08:51:11 am »
Hello, here is a first image of the DHO924S power by a power bank. Monday will record a video to see how long the unit will work with a full charge.
Technical Support

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Fungus, Jacon, ch_scr, Martin72, RAPo, JOSM, ima hogg, NE666

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2023, 01:49:25 pm »
So cool...

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2023, 02:04:31 pm »
Hello, here is a first image of the DHO924S power by a power bank. Monday will record a video to see how long the unit will work with a full charge.

It's 36W consumption so you should be able to calculate it within 10-20% based on the capacity of your power bank.  :)

Offline JebCrag

« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2023, 05:53:03 pm »
Hello, I've got an UltraAcquire mode question.

I'm interested in getting a new scope (currently use a 1054z) and am considering the 924S as the feature list looks so appealing.  I definitely want a segmented/deep memory mode to catch intermittent errors that I can't specifically trigger off, but I'm not sure from the user guide how this works on these scopes.

Can anyone tell me whether this has a "typical" segmented memory mode (like on the rigol MSO2000 series I can use at work), where I could fill up the memory with a series of waveforms, and then cycle through them one by one?  The user guide explains some interesting ways of displaying many signals next to each other, but I can't tell if I can select waveforms one by one, and ideally use the cursor or measure tools on them.

Thanks!

Offline ima hogg

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2023, 08:10:15 pm »

Why not a 914S + cheap diy PLA2216 (with SN65LVDS391 drivers) ?  you may save about a third of your budget

I think you just answered my next question: The PLA2216 is not totally passive, correct? It has some active components? 30 years ago, and I'd have DIY'ed that sucker in a heartbeat. ;)

Also, are you recommending the 914 over the 924 because I can "upgrade" it on my own? I'm happy to give them an honest $100 for the spec bump.

Thanks!!

...R

Offline ima hogg

• Contributor
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2023, 08:14:40 pm »
To be clear, the DHO800/900 come with ASCII, I2C, and SPI decoding activated from the factory, i.e., no extra "option" to buy, correct?

I got kind of an equivocal response from my vendor.

Thanks!!

Offline NE666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2023, 08:18:10 pm »
Hello, I've got an UltraAcquire mode question.

I'm interested in getting a new scope (currently use a 1054z) and am considering the 924S as the feature list looks so appealing.  I definitely want a segmented/deep memory mode to catch intermittent errors that I can't specifically trigger off, but I'm not sure from the user guide how this works on these scopes.

Can anyone tell me whether this has a "typical" segmented memory mode (like on the rigol MSO2000 series I can use at work), where I could fill up the memory with a series of waveforms, and then cycle through them one by one?  The user guide explains some interesting ways of displaying many signals next to each other, but I can't tell if I can select waveforms one by one, and ideally use the cursor or measure tools on them.

Thanks!

My interpretation of the datasheet and user guide is - yes, segmented memory is supported and Rigol refer to their implementation in the DHO as "Waveform Recording" and "Navigation".  The latter option allows you to step through the captured trigger frames, or jump to a specific frame number, and you can make cursor-based measurements when you're there.  "Ultravision", I believe, is just Rigol's tradename for some of the fancy visualisations that allow you to see more than one frame at a time, superimposed in a variety of different ways.  Probably fun just once, then you'll just use "Navigation", which probably works much like your MSO2000 (I've never used one myself).

The following users thanked this post: JebCrag

Offline NE666

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2023, 08:21:00 pm »
To be clear, the DHO800/900 come with ASCII, I2C, and SPI decoding activated from the factory, i.e., no extra "option" to buy, correct?

You are correct, there are no "extra" options that can be purchased.

The following users thanked this post: IR_Geek, ima hogg

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2023, 09:10:07 pm »
So cool...

Whst is so cool with it? Now instead of one piece of gear taking space on the bench you have two. And have to care about maintenance (charging) of the battery pack. Did not have enough things to do, now you do.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2023, 10:41:42 pm »
Can anyone tell me whether this has a "typical" segmented memory mode (like on the rigol MSO2000 series I can use at work), where I could fill up the memory with a series of waveforms, and then cycle through them one by one?

Watch this video, it shows it on the DHO4000/DHO1000 but the DHO800 seems to have the exact same features:

nb. Physical 'scope deliveries don't start 'til the end of the month so I'm just reading the manual when I say that.

The following users thanked this post: JebCrag

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2023, 11:28:55 pm »
Whst is so cool with it? Now instead of one piece of gear taking space on the bench you have two. And have to care about maintenance (charging) of the battery pack. Did not have enough things to do, now you do.

I would think it obvious? You now have an option to be portable. You didn't have that with a mains plug powered scope (unless you want to haul around a generator or DC inverter). So worst case, you carry your USB-C power pack like you used to carry your IEC mains cable. But as another option, you just need a USB-C cable and a PD battery pack. It isn't FORCING you to use a battery pack, but it's a nice option to have. I fail to see how this isn't considered an added benefit.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2023, 11:42:19 pm »
So cool...
What is so cool with it?

The shape.

I left the powerbank in because there was no banana for scale. Does it help if I do this?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 11:44:47 pm by Fungus »

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2023, 12:21:42 am »
Can anyone tell me whether this has a "typical" segmented memory mode (like on the rigol MSO2000 series I can use at work), where I could fill up the memory with a series of waveforms, and then cycle through them one by one?

Watch this video, it shows it on the DHO4000/DHO1000 but the DHO800 seems to have the exact same features:

If it has that perspective segmented mode I'd consider buying it for that alone - could potentially pay for itself on one debug session!
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2023, 01:20:09 am »

If it has that perspective segmented mode I'd consider buying it for that alone - could potentially pay for itself on one debug session!

The DHO800 User Guide does mention the UltraAcquire Perspective mode.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf