Author Topic: Iwatsu DS8600  (Read 1317 times)

Offline wolfy007Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
Iwatsu DS8600
« on: February 27, 2022, 11:48:39 am »
Just putting up a few photos and what ever information I can find for the Iwatsu DS8600 here because I couldnt find much online when I discovered this cute little portable storage scope on Gumtree, in case anyone is interested. My example appears to have been made in about 1990.

Was made to run from 3xC cells, 4.5V, made an adapter for a single 18650 and it seems to run fine with it. Can also run from a 4.5V wall wart.

The unit has four circuit boards inside;
1) A CPU board, with a Hitachi HD63B09P processor, 8bitx8K of processor RAM and 18x16K of what appears to be RAM for data from CH1/2. Most of the chips are standard 74XXX family of chips. The EPROM is a 256K (32Kx8) listed with "DS8600 Ver2.1. (see picture1)
2) A Toshiba TLX-1013 LCDpanel and controller board. (Also in picture1)
3) A small board for the front panel buttons
4) And finally the metal enclosed board containing Channel1&2 input hardware from BNC jacks to AD chips. (see picture2)

Nice and neat little scope. Unfortunately my goodleFu wasnt good enough to find a manual on this scope, just a review from the Australian edition of ETI magazine from 1989, which I will attach here once I make a PDF of it.

I will post more info as I find it, or if anyone knows more, post it down below, especially if you have a manual or any other documentation. Probably should get a copy of the EPROM too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 12:05:50 pm by wolfy007 »

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline wolfy007Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
Re: Iwatsu DS8600
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 11:50:16 am »
Reserved for any additional information and pictures.

Offline milliwatt

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 10:52:15 pm »
Old post and I’m guessing you didn’t find any info. I’ve just acquired one of these to play with. Unknown condition but had 3 probes with it which are always handy.
On power up, channel 2 works but  channel 1 displays no input and I can’t locate a trace. Just looking for input circuit at this stage. I’ll swap channel 1& 2 inputs around on input board and see if that makes any difference. But would be nice to see circuit  diagram or am I looking for hens teeth?
Best
Chris

Offline niki68

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 05:52:40 pm »
I will be grateful if you upload EPROM image. My oscilloscope doesn't boot.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf