Author Topic: New Zhiyuan ZDS2022 scope released  (Read 28175 times)

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Re: New Zhiyuan ZDS2022 scope released
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2017, 04:53:24 pm »
He asked questions that sound like insults, and asked if how they would compare their scopes to ones with lower specs. What sort of response was he expecting?
In western "culture" it is a proper question. It is salesman's job to convince me that I should buy his product and not competitor's. And in western companies sales people have "fighing guides" prepared by marketing comparing everything to everything. If you are better than competition, then you should be able to prove it, otherwise, bye bye.
I can assure you that its far far easier to piss off a western salesman than one in China. :) Do you really think that asking a Chinese test equipment maker if they are aware of people like Siglent and Rigol is a way to start a conversation?

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »
I don't think they've ever tried to export, though.
And that's the problem here. I don't have any trust in the brand or their hardware, I don't know how it holds against competition. Not because it is bad, but because I simply don't have any information.

I also don't understand why people here want this thing so much. Go look at a new R&S, at least you don't need to pull information from the sales people there.
Alex

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2017, 04:56:42 pm »
I can assure you that its far far easier to piss off a western salesman than one in China. :)
Never worked with Chinese salesmen or buyers, really.

Do you really think that asking a Chinese test equipment maker if they are aware of people like Siglent and Rigol is a way to start a conversation?
But I do work with American buyers, and they often start the conversation with "Manufacturer XXX has this feature set at this price, what do you have to offer?"

In general, I would leave them alone, if they don't want to sell scopes outside of China. It is not like there is something unique about them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:20:49 pm by ataradov »
Alex

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2017, 05:17:54 pm »
I provided them my question list upfront, to convince them that I am a professional player and not a new kid on the block :)

Really ? Just curious what kind of professional that is haunting bugging keep asking at the forum on buying a new scope "for years" ? Just look at your own created thread for the past two years.  :palm:

Btw what brand/model of scope do you own / use now  ? If any ...  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: CustomEngineerer

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2017, 05:18:55 pm »
You are no wrong.  Most China sellers still do not know how to sell to the West.  They sell on their advantages, hardware with minimum English manual and English-speaking/writing support.  They do not think the price with these additional are what the market want to pay.  They are also the one taking the risk in not able to take back their investment if they judge the market wrong.

I prefer their current practices. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:22:45 pm by all_repair »

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2017, 05:24:43 pm »
Or it might have convinced them that you are an amateur with way too much time on your hands...
Does it really matter? I'm a person with money. They either want to sell or not. In this case seems to be the later. That's fine their scopes are expensive, and there is a new wave of equipment in the same price range from real manufacturers.

You missed the point here. Pascal_sweden was asking to be their distributor. By way of introduction, he asked them two dozen questions which (a) imply that he thinks they might be clueless, and (b) give a clear sinal that he would be a huge time sink for them.

I have never seen any business inquiry like that, and I think I know the reason why...

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2017, 05:28:10 pm »
You missed the point here. Pascal_sweden was asking to be their distributor.
Yeah, that changes things. In that case asking if they are interested at all would be nice :)

But on the other hand, all his questions were basically asking for that "fighting guide" to help him better sell those scopes. So it is still a very valid list questions, you just don't ask for it right away.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2017, 06:02:45 pm »
In general, I would leave them alone, if they don't want to sell scopes outside of China. It is not like there is something unique about them.
Judging from the specs they do have some interesting features compared to what is out there on the Western market. They also have the texts on the screen and buttons in English so ZLG doesn't target their instruments at just China. Maybe the Chinese government simply doesn't allow them to export?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:07:28 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
They also have the texts on the screen and buttons in English so ZLG doesn't target their instruments at just China. Maybe the Chinese government simply doesn't allow them to export?
Having English on panel labels says nothing about where they aim to market. Chinese designed cars made only for the Chinese market have English all over the dashboard - and that's in a world where most cars only use symbols on the dashboard, so they can sell internationally.

Export is an issue. A Chinese company needs to obtain a licence to export, and the licence constrains how and what they can export. Obtaining one can require a considerable investment in effort. You have to be export focussed to start exporting.

Offline AR

• Contributor
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2017, 10:24:12 am »
I made a few enquiries about these oscilloscopes the on screen menus are  designed to be switchable to English language menus , on all the scopes. They plan to do international shows to show their products, so they are interested in the export market outside of China.

For those interested I have some pricing on their best selling 4 channel models PM me if you want some Idea of what they cost.   

Offline silds

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 09:55:56 am »
Hello,

From ZDS4054 Plus
Maximum real-time sampling rate 4GSa/s, use every two channels interleaved. What is the characteristic for 1 channel? 1GSa/s or 4GSa/s.

Thank you. Sorry for my english.

Offline janekivi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2017, 07:35:57 am »
I made a few enquiries about these oscilloscopes the on screen menus are  designed to be switchable to English language menus , on all the scopes.
Looking into firmware files with HackerNotepad - they have boot_ui2_ch and boot_ui2_en there.

Offline Ink

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2017, 08:54:27 am »
What is the characteristic for 1 channel? 1GSa/s or 4GSa/s.
4GSa/s,and 2GSa/s for 2 channels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf