Author Topic: Micsig Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 28646 times)

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
Re: Micsig Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 07:32:55 am »
do you mean this Screen protection film?

Yes, exactly.  :-+
How can I order this protection film in germany?

Thank you!
hammy

Can you send me your email in private, then i will let the distributors in Germany to contact you.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:32 am »
The fans noisy, they could have used better material to  reduced the noise from the fan a bit of an annoyance. Also as for software options it would be nice to see some features added as I have mentioned above.  Add power quality analysis like that seen in the fluke 125 and some protocol test functions filed bus etc. Other functions such as graphing functions found in some automotive scopes like the snap on vantage.

we have improved our fan noise. and for the new function, i tell this news to the RD.

thanks very much.

Micsig
JL

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »
Hi Micsig

the new firmware is online. Thank you!  :-+

best regards
hammy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:44:45 pm by hammy »

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 02:13:54 am »
Hi Micsig

the new firmware is online. Thank you!  :-+

best regards
hammy

;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Hammy.

Any question, welcome to contact our distributor or us.  ;D
JL

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 12:49:28 pm »

[/quote]
Can you send me your email in private, then i will let the distributors in Germany to contact you.
[/quote]

Can you post your Distributor for Germany, Austria or at least for EU?

Michael

Offline hammy

• Supporter

Offline FrankenPC

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 06:15:31 pm »
I bought my Tbook mini without battery and regret it.  Is there anyway to buy the battery and controller board assembly?
Chinglish poetry: In the hot summer. In the car ran full steam. It tastes strange. For this worry? With this fan will bring you a cool summer. Suitable for all kinds of cars. Agricultural vehicles. Van. Tricycle.

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 10:07:26 pm »
Hello, is there a way of calibrating the DMM part of a MS22OT scope?
I got no answer from the main site nor from the eu site ...
Thank for your feedback.
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 05:12:30 am »
Dear,

As I know there are many shipping limitation on battery. but do you try contact the seller? they may have some ways to ship the battery, but i am afraid you will pay more shipping cost for separated battery.

Thanks.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:49 am »
Hello,

I asked the RD team, they told me that they will have the new firmware to be released,  but not provide me the exacted date.

May i have your email, then i will send you when i have it.

Thanks for your understanding.
JL

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 04:20:42 pm »
Is there any timeline on when decoding will be added to the firmware?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 09:06:28 am »
Is there any timeline on when decoding will be added to the firmware?

I think one month or less time (I am sorry that i do not get the exacted time right now). we will contact our distributors and release the information here too.

And it is said the price is much lower or may be free to the customers who bought the tBook mini TO1000.

JL

The following users thanked this post: hammy, kado, jjoonathan

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 12:57:23 pm »
The serial decoder software is in beta, (I've just started a project that needs serial decoding and the let me have a link to the beta software).
It allows two serial decoders in parallel with the a reasonable set of standards (i2c, spi etc), I get the hex values for the i2c ascii stream I'm decoding all appearing as expect. It does support triggering on serial decoder output which is useful.

The following users thanked this post: kado

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »
How do you mean '2 serial decodes in parallel'? Can it decode -for example- UART rx+tx and I2C at the same time?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
I've only tried it on i2c so far, but there are two 'decoders' that can be set up independently, bi-directional uart counts as 1 decoder, will confirm on Monday with screen shots if needed.

two decoder example: 
Decoder 1 = i2c
Decoder 2 = UART

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 11:47:36 pm »
I have a question.

I have seen that there is an option to apply high pass or low pass filters on a channel.

Is there an option for bandpass or bandstop?

Thank you

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 02:21:02 am »
I have a question.

I have seen that there is an option to apply high pass or low pass filters on a channel.

Is there an option for bandpass or bandstop?

Thank you

Which model of your scope?
JL

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 08:33:20 am »
I am interested in TO1074
thanks

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 09:24:12 am »
The fans noisy, they could have used better material to  reduced the noise from the fan a bit of an annoyance. Also as for software options it would be nice to see some features added as I have mentioned above.  Add power quality analysis like that seen in the fluke 125 and some protocol test functions filed bus etc. Other functions such as graphing functions found in some automotive scopes like the snap on vantage.

we have improved our fan noise. and for the new function, i tell this news to the RD.

thanks very much.

Micsig

Can you please share details on how the noise has been improved? Any new model revisions or firmware?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 07:56:52 am »
I am interested in TO1074
thanks

As i know, The TO1074 send the free  high pass and low pass right now. and you can check with the distributors, if they do not have, you can ask them, we will send them the code to upgrade it.

And i am sorry that it does not have the  bandpass or bandstop right now. :) :)
JL

Offline frankfan

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2017, 06:49:04 pm »
Hi MacSig support,
   I also want to request for the beta firmware link for the serial decode option for the TO1104 tablet oscilloscope. I purchased the unit last month, and I am very interested in using the scope for I2C decoding.
    And also do u have a date for the option to be released, and the pricing also.

Thanks

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
I also want to request for the beta firmware link for the serial decode option for the TO1104 tablet oscilloscope.

Yes, I wouldn't mind having a go at that too :)

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »
I tend not to buy phones or tablets which don't have at least Gorilla Glass, so screen protectors aren't something I normally bother with. But since the Micsig Oscillotab comes with one...

My attempt at fitting was abysmally poor. I watched the video and applied the protector starting at the left, but it is a very close fit indeed, so by the time the right side was in place it was fractionally out in placement. And, of course, the left is now stuck down so not easily moveable. But somehow I managed to sort it out, put the bezel on, and... oh dear.

Took it all off and tried again. The result is in this photo (ignore the dust bubbles - an unavoidable result of removal and replacement):

The problem is the big bubble along the side, which is made worse by the bezel being fitted. I figured it's due to an edge overlap, so the solution would be to trim the protector slightly so it doesn't overlap the screen edge, and the bezel will hide the trimming (that's what bezels are for, right? Like skirting boards).

Only one snag: where to get another protector. The Oscillotab is 4:3 aspect and many tablets are some kind of widescreen format. I couldn't figure out which of the many available on Amazon or Ebay would be exactly the right size, so I PMd our lovely Micsig rep on this forum.

Despite my wanting to buy a new protector, Micsig offered one for free, the only problem being shipping. Step in  the (new) UK distributor Telonic <http://www.telonic.co.uk> who just happened to be a couple of miles down the road from me. Micsig shoved a new protector in an imminent shipment to Telonic, asking that I write about it here, and I then picked it up a few days later.

The Telonic guys are very cool and friendly. I bought my TO1104 from Batronix when they had a deal running,  but Telonic's non-deal price is just as good - had I known they were here I would have purchased my scope from them. They were perfectly happy to shift the protector without my being an actual customer, though.

So, on to a bit of trimming. Turns out the bezel doesn't cover the screen edge after all - the protector is in fact just slightly undersize for the bezel. Hmmm. Perhaps the plan isn't going to work... Still, I press on and this time start at the bottom (longest edge, easiest to see) and work up. The result is not bad:

Unfortunately, on fitting the bezel the problem seems to be back:

Which is strange because that wasn't there before fitting the bezel. I try massaging the bubble and, crucially, lifting the bezel slightly:

It looks like the bezel might be the cause of the problem, and I find that pressing the bezel can bring it back:

Perhaps the bezel shouldn't be fitted too tightly, then. I make sure it is secure and obviously fitted, but not pressed too tightly. Done:

Many thanks to Micsig for sending the new protector, and to Telonic for being a very nice middleman.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:46 am »
I tend not to buy phones or tablets which don't have at least Gorilla Glass, so screen protectors aren't something I normally bother with. But since the Micsig Oscillotab comes with one...

My attempt at fitting was abysmally poor. I watched the video and applied the protector starting at the left, but it is a very close fit indeed, so by the time the right side was in place it was fractionally out in placement. And, of course, the left is now stuck down so not easily moveable. But somehow I managed to sort it out, put the bezel on, and... oh dear.

Took it all off and tried again. The result is in this photo (ignore the dust bubbles - an unavoidable result of removal and replacement):

The problem is the big bubble along the side, which is made worse by the bezel being fitted. I figured it's due to an edge overlap, so the solution would be to trim the protector slightly so it doesn't overlap the screen edge, and the bezel will hide the trimming (that's what bezels are for, right? Like skirting boards).

Only one snag: where to get another protector. The Oscillotab is 4:3 aspect and many tablets are some kind of widescreen format. I couldn't figure out which of the many available on Amazon or Ebay would be exactly the right size, so I PMd our lovely Micsig rep on this forum.

Despite my wanting to buy a new protector, Micsig offered one for free, the only problem being shipping. Step in  the (new) UK distributor Telonic <http://www.telonic.co.uk> who just happened to be a couple of miles down the road from me. Micsig shoved a new protector in an imminent shipment to Telonic, asking that I write about it here, and I then picked it up a few days later.

The Telonic guys are very cool and friendly. I bought my TO1104 from Batronix when they had a deal running,  but Telonic's non-deal price is just as good - had I known they were here I would have purchased my scope from them. They were perfectly happy to shift the protector without my being an actual customer, though.

So, on to a bit of trimming. Turns out the bezel doesn't cover the screen edge after all - the protector is in fact just slightly undersize for the bezel. Hmmm. Perhaps the plan isn't going to work... Still, I press on and this time start at the bottom (longest edge, easiest to see) and work up. The result is not bad:

Unfortunately, on fitting the bezel the problem seems to be back:

Which is strange because that wasn't there before fitting the bezel. I try massaging the bubble and, crucially, lifting the bezel slightly:

It looks like the bezel might be the cause of the problem, and I find that pressing the bezel can bring it back:

Perhaps the bezel shouldn't be fitted too tightly, then. I make sure it is secure and obviously fitted, but not pressed too tightly. Done:

Many thanks to Micsig for sending the new protector, and to Telonic for being a very nice middleman.

I have to say. it is not easy to apply this screen mask. because it is 8''.  and we are not good at to do this at all.

You did very well on it.  :-+
JL

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 03:48:17 am »
Thanks :) I debated not bothering with it, but there are sharp probes kicking around and it wouldn't be long before on hit the screen.

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps the bezel (on the next model, obviously) could encroach on the screen a bit more to create a border, and then the protector could be sized smaller than the screen (easier to fit) but larger than the bezel (no unsightly edges). There is a lot of black dead space around the screen, so losing a couple of mm shouldn't be noticeable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf