Author Topic: HP Agilent E3615A Power Supply suddenly stuck in CV - 0 Volts and amps changing  (Read 879 times)

Offline ReprobyteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi, hoping that I can get some advice and this may be an easy fix. I have a E3615A which has had a wobbly front panel for years, so I took the lid off and fixed the broken plastic with epoxy and its now sturdy but now I have a strange behaviour.

Now when I turn it on I cant get a voltage reading on the front. It is flashing the negative symbol -0.0 volts and the amps are jumping all over up to around 1Amp and back. Connecting wires together doesn't go into CC mode, stays in CV

Is there something I could have messed up when I fixed the front panel, I checked and I cant see any damaged wires anywhere

Thanks for any advice as this is beyond my knowledge, it always just works for me.

EDIT: seems to have just come back this second, but now I am wondering what the heck it was, hopefully it stays working!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:59:59 pm by Reprobyte »

Offline Raindog

• Contributor
I purchased a Agilent E3630A off of ebay awhile back where the volt and amp meters were giving intermittent erroneous readings, the volt meter was showing -.11 volts at 0 volts and always showing about 20 MA on the ammeter, even with no load. The volt meter would also take about 10 to 20 seconds to stabilize on any voltage reading even though a external volt meter would show immediate voltage changes. My issue wound up being oxidized connectors on the wire harness going from the main board to the connector on the back of the display board. I just simply re-seated both ends a couple of times and it fixed the problem. 

Best Regards,

Craig Petersen.
SELECT * FROM  users
WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned

Offline ReprobyteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thanks for your reply on this, I did look at removing the harness but it wouldn’t help get the panel off, I likely knocked it and got similar issues to you. Thanks for that info

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf