Author Topic: BM235 US Amazon or EEVblog Store? An Optimization Beast Decision  (Read 686 times)

Offline JonMTopic starter

• Supporter
BM235 US Amazon or EEVblog Store? An Optimization Beast Decision
« on: February 15, 2020, 12:40:18 am »
On Monday night I decided that I needed another BM235. I could have gotten it on Wednesday from Amazon for US$125 with free Prime shipping. Checking the EEVblog Store I saw that the BM235 was 'on sale' and that I could get the BM235 plus Dave's multimeter fuse set for AU$184.38 including the AU$29.38 shipping charge. A straight currency conversion had that at about US$124. The actual PayPal charge was $129.03.

It's now Friday in Eastern Virginia and I'm holding a new BM235! So, for only a day or two delay I effectively got the fuse set for $5. A nice deal and presumably Dave made a bit more (or did he lose because of the sale price?). A delivery to the US West coast might have arrived a day earlier.

I gave my first EEVblog BM235 to my son and this one will live at my daughter's house with the primary duty of setting the voltage and frequency on her new diesel generator. I was a bit surprised to find that the generator has knobs to adjust the voltage and frequency with analog current, voltage, and frequency meters. It does have a digital 'Available kVA' display.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf