Author Topic: Keysight 1000x series (2 channels, old version) pc software  (Read 623 times)

Online AnthocyaninaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
Keysight 1000x series (2 channels, old version) pc software
« on: April 25, 2022, 03:31:41 am »
Hi! so I've been trying to find if there is software for the old 1000x series oscilloscopes that would let me see the scope's display on the computer, kind of like what the rigol software for the 1000z series does. I've come across this "D9010BSEO Infiniium Offline - Base Software" from the oscilloscope's upgrades/software page, but this apparently only works with saved files, is very costly, and doesn't provide a live view of the oscilloscope. Looking in many other sites, including the hacking threads for that scope and the announcement for its release, and other websites which talk about that series, there seems to be no mention of any pc software for the 1000x scopes (the old white ones). Does anyone know if software that would let me see the data live on the computer exists? whether it's made by keysight or an open source project?

Thank you!

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: Keysight 1000x series (2 channels, old version) pc software
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:26:15 am »
Keysight BenchView. But i do not know if there is a free version of it.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 07:04:09 am »
Thank you! I looked into that one but going to the supported devices list, from the 1000x series, it only supports the new black ones(120xa/g, 1052a/g) and when looking at sites which sell it, it appears to be discontinued and with a price of over 400$ :wtf:

Has anyone with the white ones(1102a/g,1002a/g) tried the demo to see if it works with those scopes?

Thank you!

Offline derree

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 03:14:17 pm »
I am using an edux1002a with benchvue, which you can download for free on keysights website after a registration process.

You have to register your device inside the benchvue software, after that it will be shown as entitled for the oscilloscope module.

To the software itself, well, it is a huge software suite, and I find it to be kind of clunky compared to rigols software, which I used with a ds1054z. It works, but I expected a better experience from an A brand like keysight. In direct comparison I found rigols solution better, and it was far from perfect.

The most annoying aspect of benchvue is the slow reaction of the scope when I manipulate controls on the pc.  (which could be a problem with the scope of course).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:16:28 pm by derree »

The following users thanked this post: Anthocyanina

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: Anthocyanina

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 05:34:54 pm »
I am using an edux1002a with benchvue, which you can download for free on keysights website after a registration process.

You have to register your device inside the benchvue software, after that it will be shown as entitled for the oscilloscope module.

I used it with the liberated EDUX1002

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-978-keysight-1000x-hacking/msg3713563/#msg3713563

Great! thank you both :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf