Author Topic: Show me your TE rack!!!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Show me your TE rack!!!
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:01:58 am »
Trying to get ideas on how I want my rack set up. I have 42" of height to work with. It's a standard 19". Metro or standard.

Whatcha got!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:54:44 am by xwarp »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Show me your rack!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 02:16:31 am »
Now marking time until the Mod Squad arrives or is called by those with innocent eyes  :-DD

As one of those with eyes only for TEA I like Racks of all shapes and sizes  ::) . Not shown is a 13RU small Rack enclosure that holds a UPS, Agilent loggers and environmental chamber and associatied ITX PC and bits and it located on a cart in a more Temperature stable location than my shack.

My front side rack is minimal and my everyday driver gear (Extra Triple output Linear supply under the bench). Backside rack is fairly much a cable reach to it if needed or I rotate a spare meter or counter onto the shelf if needed.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:48:55 am »
I really should have taken pictures of my rack when I was in a tiny apartment where space is at a premium. Now that I'm in a house with plenty of room, the "rack" transformed into "electronic gadgets on tables scattered throughout the house" because why not? Better cooling and easier to access stuff for service. :)
How long did you think it would take for this to happen? >:D

<removed picture because it really doesn't belong in this thread>
That's where some of the "biocomponents" are located on an android or cyborg. Of which, for those who know about the game Detroit: Become Human, that part of the RT600 "Chloe" looks suspiciously small since you'd think Mr. Kamski would have enlarged it in order to fit as much capability as possible. (Maybe that's reserved for the "RT800" or whatever? Rumor says there's one of those in China somewhere...)

And now let's try to get back on topic.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline sambonator

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 04:55:15 am »
This thread is NSFW!

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 06:05:35 am »
I think the title of the topic should at least mention NSFW, some people browse the forum at work during breaks, and having pictures of bare breasts might have not-so-nice results in an office environment. (Or I don't know, imagine someone browsing the forum on their laptop in a train, etc...)
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 07:05:25 am »
I think the title of the topic should at least mention NSFW, some people browse the forum at work during breaks, and having pictures of bare breasts might have not-so-nice results in an office environment. (Or I don't know, imagine someone browsing the forum on their laptop in a train, etc...)

I think I made it pretty clear about what I was asking for pictures of, but then some jack ass actually does post a picture of breasts. What sucks is the fact that I actually did see that picture that was removed, just before it was removed, on a work computer and now I've got to worry about getting in trouble for it because of some d-bag.

This is an electronics forum, not 4chan.

I WON'T be editing the title NSFW because jackasses want to be jackasses.

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 07:26:25 am »
Already waiting for someone to get the wrong idea for what kind of rack you mean.

I do have a U42 one for keeping the big heavy gear, but its constantly evolving as gear comes and goes, about time i take an updated photo of it.

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Show me your TE rack!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 10:44:22 am »
I got a U72 which hosted some computer gear including an UPS. I still wonder if it is good idea to mix some volt-nut TE with RF gear  :-//

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 05:20:31 pm »
Here is the rack in its current form. Most of it is RF and high speed stuff since that's the heaviest gear.

Agilent E56810A LAN/GPIB Gateway
Agilent 66332A Dynamic Measurement DC Source
Gigatronics 6100 RF Synthesizer
HP 89410A Vector signal analyzer
Agilent 6032A System power supply 60V 50A 1000W
HP 8566B Spectrum analyzer
HP 6624A System DC powersupply
Gigatronics 7100 RF Synthesizer
HP 83480A Communications Analyzer (With plugin HP 83483A)
HP 4141A DC Source/Monitor

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 06:20:54 am »
So my TE isn't in a true rack, but I do have a desk with 5 4RU racks built in as lab table. My lab table is quite empty now as I am packing to move soon, but wanted to share regardless.

I do have a server rack that I use for my network gear and 4 servers, but that houses no TE.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 06:50:37 am »
This the old layout, really messy  :-[, currently don't have the photo of the latest one yet as it has different layout with deep shelves on the top are placed at the bottom filled with old analog T&M gears as these need at least 40cm depth. The ceiling is 3m height.

Its made from metal brackets (details in photo) and 2cm thick plywood, with 4 steel bars for the bracket attachments are permanently bolted & attached to the flat concrete wall.

Few shelves have different depths, on the top the two shelves are 50cm depth and gradually shortened to the bottom ones with the depth of 20cm to the back of the wall. All are moveable as I can change the layout if needed and now its totally different.

The four top shelves are strengthened with horizontal hard wood at the bottom in front to minimize bowing if heavy stuff placed on top of it.

PS : Yes, at the front, there are two "thingies" wrapped with with plastics are Tektronix analog scopes.  :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:23:12 am by BravoV »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf