Author Topic: Is Artek Manuals working? HP 8640B Opt 323 manual  (Read 589 times)

Online tatelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Is Artek Manuals working? HP 8640B Opt 323 manual
« on: June 19, 2023, 11:09:01 am »
Hi, on June 7th I ordered a manual from Artek Manuals. No CD shipping, I just wanted a link.

Still I haven't received the download link. Tried to get in contact twice, via email and web form. No answer.

The only thing I received that could be remotely related (because it was received the same June 7th) is some spam pretending to be perhaps from FedEx, but it just included a (not found) image which redirects you to the classic "poll". I really doubt it has something to do with Artek. I have nothing more on my spam folder.

It would be easy to log into PayPal to cancel the payment... problem is, manual for the military version of HP 8640B signal generator (opt 323) seems to be available only from Artek.

So, have any of you guys experienced something like this? Do you know any other way to get in contact with Artek People?

Online 4thDoctorWhoFan

• Regular Contributor
Re: Is Artek Manuals working? HP 8640B Opt 323 manual
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 11:43:54 am »
I read somewhere on this board I think that the owner of Artek past away and the wife does not know how to do the online links.  I believe she only sells CD's on Ebay.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 11:44:11 am »
Hi, on June 7th I ordered a manual from Artek Manuals. No CD shipping, I just wanted a link.
So, have any of you guys experienced something like this?

Yes, as discussed on this forum and others.

Do you know any other way to get in contact with Artek People?

Not people; widow.

See other responses on this forum and elsewhere.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online tatelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 01:13:01 pm »
Ooops... I knew something unusual was to be expected. I just tried to get in contact via eBay right now. Willing to get it on CD if download isn't possible anymore. The manual I need isn't listed, however. I didn't cancel my order on the web site. Wait and see.

Thank you all for your answers.

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 01:23:07 pm »
Yes, Artek's widow knows how to log in to ebay but not paypal or the official emails. Make contact through an eBay listing. Even if the item you need isn't listed, pick a listing and send a message.

Offline HalFoster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 03:31:42 pm »
Linda is trying very hard right now to get all of the orders filled - the ePay ones are going fairly smooth but the website ones are pretty much being unseen.  She recommends requesting a refund via PayPal for website orders (if placed that way) and reordering on ePay.  It is hoped that the website issues will be straightened out before too long but that has not yet happened.

Dave will be very much missed and I know that I, for one, truly appreciate the amount of work she is putting in to lessen the backlog in spite of her loss.

Hal
--- If it isn't broken... Fix it until it is ---

The following users thanked this post: edavid, jjoonathan, AVGresponding

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf