Author Topic: Aneng AN8002 video review  (Read 12873 times)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: Aneng AN8002 video review
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 07:37:47 am »
My AN8002 shows 96 deg. is ther any way to recalibrate it :-[

Very often the problem with thermocouplers is that people do not know how they work: They do not measure temperature, only temperature difference and that difference is between the connector (Details depends on construction) and the tip. The meter then add the ambient temperature to that.
You will only get precise readings if the internal temperature sensor in the meter has the same temperature as the connector!

If only there was a video:

Offline PA4TIMTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • instruments are like rabbits, they multiply fast
    • PA4TIMs shelter for orphan measurement stuff
Re: Aneng AN8002 video review
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 08:56:24 am »

About body temp, that will not work very well unless you know your body temp. Mine is very low (around 35 degrees C) My wife bought an ear thermometer. Used it on my son but it did read very low, she tested it on me, same reading. So back to the shop but the replacement did the same so I took a meter to check and it turned both our temperature was in the 35 degrees. We never had a fever, When I was really sick my temperature was around 37 degrees and you do not measure it if your not sick. . Now I know that is for me like 39 degrees for most people

Consider that your "ear thermometer" is the equivalent of a $5 multimeter - would you make the same conclusions about voltage measurements based on that?

While there is some variability in normal human body temperature - 35 degrees C is far outside of that  (See table below).  Ear (tympanic membrane) IR thermometers tend to read a bit low but even so, no one has body temperature of 35 degrees C without being borderline hypothermic.

The human body does a very good job of maintaining body temperature under most conditions. There is some diurnal variation but unless someone is ill, body temperature will remain very constant over a short time period. The trick is getting an accurate measurement. 

An old fashioned glass mercury thermometer (inserted rectally!) is probably the best one can do outside of specialized esophageal thermometers used in hospital or research settings.   If sticking a thermometer up ones bum is too troublesome, under the tongue is the next best.    You can use this as a good, inexpensive temperature standard to check your digital thermometers..

[/quote]

A bit late but thanks for the info. It is not 35 degrees, I wrote "in the 35 degree's". If I remember well it was around 35,8.  It was later verified by a doctor. (I have nerve system and spine problems)
Yesterday I read your commend and took my Aneng that is always here in the livingroom to measure in my mouth using the original TC with the crappy connectors. Without the meter showed 19 degrees that could be correct. With the TC it wandered between 14 and 16 degrees. In my mouth it measured 30 - 31 degrees. So the TC is not great. If I do not forget I will test both meter and TC with my temperature calibrator. But 2 crappy bananas will even degrade a calibration grade TC
www.pa4tim.nl my collection measurement gear and experiments Also lots of info about network analyse
www.schneiderelectronicsrepair.nl  repair of test and calibration equipment
https://www.youtube.com/user/pa4tim my youtube channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf