Author Topic: Hacking the DSO2X1X  (Read 204073 times)

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
Re: Hacking the DSO2X1X
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2023, 08:16:30 pm »
What hack?
If I had to guess it would be that he wants it to enable the 150MHz BW.  :-//
Maybe?
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #501 on: January 28, 2023, 02:10:35 am »
All installable hacks work ok any fw version...
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #502 on: January 28, 2023, 03:52:09 am »
I mean the first message, turn DSO2D10, DSO2C10 and DSO2C15 into a DSO2D15

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #503 on: January 28, 2023, 04:32:38 pm »
Hi, thanks, i have problems with this:

"Create a file named do_other_update in the root of the USB stick (no extension, no .txt just do_other_update)

Add the following two lines in the do_other_update file :

sed -i 's/DSO2.1./DSO2D15/g' /cache/system.inf >/mnt/udisk/sed.log
sed -i 's/DSO2.1./DSO2D15/g' /dso/app/sys_inf.new >>/mnt/udisk/sed.log

/!\ Make sure that the file is UNIX formatted (ie line breaks should be unix style, you can check that with notedpad++)"

I try it but don´t works for me, the model allways is DSO2D10 before the update ends  :-//  How i can create a file without extension at Windows 10 and how i can check the line unix style using notedpad++ ? :-//

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #504 on: January 28, 2023, 05:02:52 pm »
Read the faq! You don't need all that  ;)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline somnium

« Reply #505 on: February 08, 2023, 02:23:32 am »
DavidAlfa,

Thanks for the work you have put into scripts / firmware and software uploads, etc.  I have 'upgraded' my DSO2C10 to a 2D15 equivalent with no issues thus far.

I'm confused on one item though....I've read your FAQ and searched the forum (perhaps using wrong search terms?) but can't figure out the difference between FPGA firmware and 'regular' firmware.  They both have the same number designation...3202, 3205, etc....

Do you mind explaining the difference, if any?  Or point me in the direction to find that information?
Thanks!  -G

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #506 on: February 08, 2023, 05:49:54 am »
It's the same  :-+.
Firmware ver. = FPGA.
Software ver.  = Scope software (Linux process).

The following users thanked this post: somnium

Offline Hank69

• Contributor
« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2023, 09:13:51 pm »
Hey I'm a bit late to the party and tried some earlier links to the tool to backup the Hantek DSO 2XIX SCOPES FIRMWARE.  Does anyone have a good link for me to get the tool.  Thanks for any help...  Hank

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #508 on: February 14, 2023, 12:03:59 am »
Look at the post above yours.  Follow the link to the FAQ, etc...
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

The following users thanked this post: Hank69

Offline Hank69

• Contributor
« Reply #509 on: February 14, 2023, 05:35:57 am »
Hey BillyO,  Shortly after I made my post I DID hit the "DRIVE" button-link- and found all the good stuff to mod my soon to be delivered C15....  The "do_other_update" script is understood to tell the FW that the scope is allowed to turn on the sig gen and now one question....  After the modded C15 to D15, what is the implication of having to perform a sig gen "calibration" that is also a script file to run.  Since the newly turned on sig gen function has never been activated it seem that it will need to be calibrated?  My forte is hardware and not so much software and anyone that can provide a list of "things to do" with ALL the steps to take to successfully mod a C15 to a D15 will be most appreciated..  Thanks,  Hank 

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2023, 12:42:34 pm »
...After the modded C15 to D15, what is the implication of having to perform a sig gen "calibration" that is also a script file to run.  Since the newly turned on sig gen function has never been activated it seem that it will need to be calibrated?.

I'd go ahead and test it as-is, you may not need to do anything. When I transitioned, the "default" AWG calibration the unit came with was pretty much was spot on. Maybe they do calibrate them all regardless? Since all 4 models are HW identical it's easier, more cost effective and more flexible to have a single production flow that treats them all the same and assigns the identity at the very end. Maybe someone here has already compared multiple Cxx units to see if they have the same or different AWG cal?

Offline Hank69

• Contributor
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2023, 04:13:41 pm »
I had ordered the DSO2D15 way before receiving the 2C15 and while awaiting the delivery, I did run the backup builder on the 2C15.  I noticed in the files generated that even though this model did not sell as AWG capable, there WAS a sig gen backup file generated anyway.  This leads me to believe that the PCB was indeed populated and this cal file was at the ready if the FW allowed it - I did not open the case to check - but, question is: would the sig gen backup file be written IF there was no active parts on the board?  OR, are all files written and if no data resides, the data is all "zeros"? Since the 2D15 was coming, maybe today, I did not want to dick around with the soon to be returned 2C15 and keep the 2D15....  During my 2C15 testing, I did find that the freq measurement would read and display sub 10Hz square wave signals and I read further that freq data is also displayed in/when the DVM "window" is open.  As my hobby uses are not so much high freq related where the Siglent 1202X-E may be a "better" choice, this ability to read/display the low freq stuff will be the deciding factor to keep the 2D15 and the Siglent not so much....

P.S.  Your question - ""Maybe someone here has already compared multiple Cxx units to see if they have the same or different AWG cal?""
seems to have been answered by my 2C15 unit HAVING a sig gen cal backup file written?  As I did not transition this scope as the 2D15 was coming, I did not check if my 2C15 gen cal data was valid.

For others to compare, MY 2C15 DID have a sig gen cal file that was backed up
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 04:28:24 pm by Hank69 »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2023, 09:38:08 pm »
Yeah, lots have the parts populated, just run the 2D15 conversion and find out.
If not working, then no parts, simply restore the model with DSObackup generated files.

Offline Hank69

• Contributor
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2023, 11:47:39 pm »
David,  Thanks for the shout and the great info you have stored in your "DRIVE" ICON BUTTON,  ESP the "backup builder"....  I do not know who the author is, but, my sincere thanks for the developer who donated the time and effort in the writing of these utilities.  As the DSO2x1x series availability was scarce, I had ordered both the 2C and 2D models to ensure I got one anyway.  Today my 2D15 arrived and let me tell you,,,, this sumbiatch performs WAY beyond expectations.  My scope needs, or more correctly, wants, do not require an advanced scope like that of a Siglent SDS1202X-E and this Hantek fills the bill nicely.  Some of my projects are in the sub 10 Hz range and while the Siglent may "go fast" really well, this scope "goes slow" in a very accurate way.  The sig gen will output an accurate sub 10 Hz signal very well, (as shown in the pix), per the reported accuracy of the scope anyway, but this scope is a keeper for sure.  A 1.001 Hz signal outputs correctly with frequency increments of .001 obtainable, which is surprising for this entry level scope.  I have not yet ran into any "lock up" issues and the operation is solid; a little bit slow, but, it will serve my purposes well.  Again, my THANKS to the author of the bevy of back up scripts....  Hank

The following users thanked this post: unicornio, trmntr

Offline UncleVovan

« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2023, 10:00:04 am »
Hi,

I modified my Hantek DSO2x1x oscilloscope for a linear power supply. A detailed description of this work in the article https://cxem.net/izmer/izmer211.php. I, as the author, am ready to answer any questions through the forum or e-mail.
The result was a device with galvanic isolation and noises have become less.

In the screenshots, the original switching power supply is on the left, and the linear power supply is on the right.

Input to GND (by menu)

The crocodile clip is connected to the probe needle.

The crocodile clip is connected to the probe needle, BW mode.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 10:03:30 am by UncleVovan »

The following users thanked this post: kakas

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #515 on: April 10, 2023, 04:53:57 pm »
I modified my Hantek DSO2x1x oscilloscope for a linear power supply....

...The result was a device with galvanic isolation and noises have become less.

Nicely put together upgrade!
The original SMPS has a small high frequency transformer and I would typically expect that would provide galvanic isolation. Is there something you know that suggests this isn't the case?
There's no denying you've managed to reduce the noise floor but I think I'd find it hard to justify going to all that effort and expense for such a small improvement on a low spec 'scope.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 06:34:43 pm by dirtmover »

The following users thanked this post: UncleVovan

Offline UncleVovan

« Reply #516 on: April 11, 2023, 08:51:22 pm »
Is there something you know that suggests this isn't the case?
Yes, there are two problems with the original power supply. The oscilloscope chassis is connected to the "PE" conductor. For galvanic isolation, this conductor must be disconnected. But even after that, we will observe a potential of several tens of volts on the crocodile clip. This potential is provided by the Y-capacitors of the switching power supply.

There's no denying you've managed to reduce the noise floor but I think I'd find it hard to justify going to all that effort and expense for such a small improvement on a low spec 'scope.
My main goal was to galvanically isolate the oscilloscope. Noise reduction is an additional bonus from the work done.

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2023, 06:43:15 pm »
Yes, there are two problems with the original power supply. The oscilloscope chassis is connected to the "PE" conductor. For galvanic isolation, this conductor must be disconnected. But even after that, we will observe a potential of several tens of volts on the crocodile clip. This potential is provided by the Y-capacitors of the switching power supply.

Oh, I didn't think about the ground connection too much. My scope was delivered from Hantek with a non-grounded power lead but I didn't put 2+2 together and realise that the chassis wasn't grounded! Maybe not the smartest idea.

Offline LarryR

• Contributor
« Reply #518 on: May 16, 2023, 05:28:30 pm »
Some additional OS sources & docs for CherryPi and MangoPi (Allwinner F1C200) in case they can be used:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n0nq21a0ye9pz50/LC-CherryPi-F1C200S_EN.zip/file

Contains docs, schematics, buildroot and more. (90MB - dates around May 2021)
I just had a quick look, nothing more.
Hopefully, someone can make use of the info.

Source: https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/02/03/more-allwinner-f1c200s-arm9-boards-mangopi-r3-and-cherrypi-f1c200s/

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline LarryR

• Contributor
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2023, 02:09:01 pm »
Just wondering if anyone here has played with Hantek's TO1112/C/D portable scope?
 http://www.hantek.com/products/detail/18191

I found TO1112C internal photos at:  4pda.to /forum/index.php?showtopic=1018961&st=2900

Since the DSO2X1X series has an unused touchscreen, it seemed that maybe some OS modules from the TO1xxx series might be able to be ported over and played-with.

...Just a thought.

Offline cherryli

« Reply #520 on: July 18, 2023, 01:29:26 pm »
Had successfully updated mine DSO2D10 i think the factory calibration is saved in the system and it's not covered during the update the language setting i changed remains and i checked AWG it's still working properly

Offline jfcg

• Github
« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2023, 11:27:34 am »
Hello from Sydney,

I bought 2C10 for 250 AUD this week just for hobby stuff. It arrived with FW 3205 and SW 1.0.3. The mods worked successfully for me to get backup, convert to 2D15 and update the font. Mine too came with the wave generator, it can do 25 Mhz for sine, 10 Mhz for square wave and 1 Mhz for ramp. Attaching a screenshot.

Auto set, wave gen and overall noise is not perfect and came with a single 100 Mhz probe but quite good for this price, hard to beat, and it seems quite hackable. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Thanks a lot..

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2023, 07:25:36 pm »
So I had a moment to find the SPI init in Ghidra.
It seems do be done entirely in Phoenix, there're no calls to any libanolis SPI function.
Although the code calls for 50MHz, the devicetree has spidev limited to 1MHz!
Code: [Select]
spi@1c06000 {
compatible = "allwinner,suniv-spi\0allwinner,sun8i-h3-spi";
reg = < 0x1c06000 0x1000 >;
interrupts = < 0x0b >;
clocks = < 0x03 0x13 0x03 0x13 >;
clock-names = "ahb\0mod";
resets = < 0x03 0x06 >;
status = "okay";
#address-cells = < 0x01 >;
#size-cells = < 0x00 >;
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = < 0x05 >;

spi_board1@0 {
compatible = "spidev";
spi-max-frequency = < 1000000 >;
reg = < 0x00 >;
};

spi_board2@1 {
compatible = "tn652_fpga";
spi-max-frequency = < 1000000 >;
reg = < 0x01 >;
};
};

I wonder if it could be as easy as setting a faster speed in the devicetree?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 02:59:36 am by DavidAlfa »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2023, 08:32:10 pm »
My scope is in pieces until the new encoders arrive, so I can't test anything.
If anyone wants to try, I'm attaching modified DTBs increasing the max SPI speed for the FPGA.

Download the platform-tools package, install the drivers, paste the contents of the attached file inside.
Connect the scope in FEL mode before running the script or it won't work!
Run dtb_test, choose the dtb and check the results.

There's no risk, if it stops working properly just flash the original dtb.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 04:33:55 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Stevetuc

« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2023, 05:36:43 am »
[..】
I also found a hardware way to increase the processor core voltage without increasing the FPGA supply voltage.

Could you give some info on what you did?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf