Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 166524 times)

Offline RUS

Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #700 on: April 19, 2024, 10:55:31 am »
There is a Fybi file. How to update the firmware offline?

Offline GigaJoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2024, 07:03:42 pm »
for firmware update it seems by "DDS Signal PC Software "

So ... 
my board are +5 feed only ..  ; replaced switching to  linear PSU +5V  ;  some LC filters on board already exist for opamp feeding

Can not solve noise output ;  around 30-90 Mhz  spectrum ,  about 8-9 mV  P-P ,   seems opamp input picking noise from something .... 
If I turn ON\OFF channel  , relay clicking and noise changing from 18 mV to 7-8 mV P-P .....

Added  OCXO  --
I see changes for example 10.000000  kHz   changes to 10.000001  kHz , on my Freq.   counters ,  as counter limited to 8 digits.  unfort.  jitter not five for more precise count it.  Btw ,  quite cool that frequency resolution are working well ...
I did OCXO adjustment in place by embedded counter , and 10Mhz GPS reference

Change potentiometers to multiturn ;  did adjustments - DC offset in range of 20-50 microvolts,  AC  reflecting output ,  and seems symmetrical,   and yes !!!  P-P amplitude changing to 0.1 mV,   multimeter shows changes in that resolution .....

an output circuit still didnt changed yet,  need opamps ,  resistors ...

in overall:
negative:
noise ....   not possible to use with amplitude lower then 30mV P-P ,  let say ;   (unless some low pass filtr ... )
jutter -  kinda.
phase shift between 2 channel -  ( it can be adjusted by channel setting,  but it soo silly mistake,  and easy to compensate by software  )
another silly stuff - frequency meter,   having powerful FPGA and good MCU ,  just to build a primitive counter -  it not a serious  ....

positive:
precision some kind ...

it overall it acceptable ,   i think ....
i got for  $90 60M ,  just in intention to replace my FY3200   as a daily gen usage thingi   ..... and I would say ,  with mods replacement quite useful ...   comparing the old FY3200  the new one a bit more handy to use.

someone's video to program custom waveform for frequency increasing,  if you gen has a low limit

and that is all im able to do about noise drop ... generating SINE 1Mhz 5mv P-P

This is experiment with a pulse injection:
So I have 1.2kHz , about 0.5V amplitude ,  and duty 0.001% , not enough speed for risin \ fallin , but simulate some random noise injection ...  seems acceptable

Finally, I do try to figure out about jitter measure as many do complains, I'm not certain how ... any advice?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 04:00:06 am by GigaJoe »

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #702 on: June 02, 2024, 07:08:24 pm »
Does anyone know whether the 20MHz version of the FY6900 is otherwise the same as the 60MHz version, for example?
I mean, is it just artificially limited or is the hardware less capable?
According to the data sheet, the difference is only in the maximum sine and square frequency, AWG, triangle range etc. is the same.
In other words: Does a 10MHz square wave look worse with the 20MHz version than with the 60MHz version, for example?

Thank you!

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #703 on: June 03, 2024, 05:13:51 pm »
Hello, I have a FY6900 - 20Mhz, for very hobbyist use, I would not spend on one of 60 or 100Mhz, if you need higher frequencies I would advise you to invest in better equipment and with better after-sales service, the people who manufacture these equipment do not They provide no assistance or updates.

Hola, yo poseeo un FY6900 - 20Mhz, para uso muy hobbysta, no gastaria en uno de 60 o 100Mhz, si precisas frecuencias mas altas yo te aconsejaria que inviertas en mejor equipos y con mejor servicio post venta, la gente que fabrica estos equipos no brindan ninguna asistencia ni actualizacion.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #704 on: June 03, 2024, 06:09:36 pm »
Hello, I have a FY6900 - 20Mhz, for very hobbyist use, I would not spend on one of 60 or 100Mhz, if you need higher frequencies I would advise you to invest in better equipment and with better after-sales service, the people who manufacture these equipment do not They provide no assistance or updates.
Thank you for your answer.  :-+
Can you tell me: Does a square wave with the FY6900/20Mhz at 10MHz or 15MHz look more like the one in the attached picture above (yellow) or below (green)?
That would help me a lot.

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #705 on: June 03, 2024, 08:02:01 pm »
Be advised, the 2 that I own, frequently loose their minds.
In other words, their memories and require the "Repair Sine" in the software to function again. This applies even for manual output.
Use the latest software to do this as it works the first time.
What a dodgy piece of :horse:
Also, any output should be buffered for clean signals I doubt their signal conditioning is all that good.
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf