Author Topic: Fluke 17B+ / RMS  (Read 32325 times)

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 17B+ / RMS
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »
Sorry I edited my post. It's such a tough choice lol. I'd go with a 115 for the first meter then. I think it's more forgiving. When starting electronics, since this is their only meter I assume they don't have a scope. So I think the bargraph can really be invaluable noticing low frequency oscillations (it updates 32times/s on the 115).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:42:23 pm by Muxr »

Offline Electro FanTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »
Roger that. 

What it shows is that the Fluke people make good DMMs but for all their models you'd think they could offer one right in the middle.  Put a 257s feature and spec set (more or less) in a Fluke "20" body, sell it for $150 and create a legendary product.  I know, I know Lightages, just buy a 257s.  Maybe you should sell them with a 14 day return :)

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 08:07:54 pm »
If this is going to be your only multimeter, then having both TRMS and uA would be very good. Limiting yourself to the 17B+ or the 115 means giving up one. The question is which measurement are you more likely to need? Are you going to measuring anything AC that is not basically pure sine wave? Are you going to want to measure low millamps and microamps? Remember just because you can resolve 1mA does not mean it is actually an accurate enough reading.

The 115 is rated at 1% ±3 counts. This means a reading of 1mA could be actually off by 301%! You need the lower range to be available so you can see something more like 1.000uA instead of 0.001mA. The difference in errors on those ranges is very significant with those measurements.

Why would you need TRMS? Are you measuring audio signals? Are you trying to measure the power going to a tweeter in a speaker to be sure it isn't going to fry? Are you measuring power to devices that are temperature sensitive and you need to know the exact AC voltage and current that the device is seeing?

You really should consider another brand IMHO so you can get the functions you want. For close to the same price as the 115 you can get the BM857s. Have a look and ask yourself if having a Fluke is that important to you.
http://www.tme.eu/en/details/bm857s/portable-digital-multimeters/brymen/
People have reported somewhere around $10 shipping to NA.
50000/500000 counts, 0.03% accuracy, dual display, TRMS AC+DC, PC connection option, and many others. It gives up battery life, touch hold, and lifetime warranty against the 115.

Or the AM-270 as I mentioned. $110 and has the two feature you want together, TRMS (AC only) and uA. The back light is a joke though.

The UT139C I referenced is a low priced meter with everything most hobbyists need. What many hobbyists need and don't know until they run into it is that they need two meters at the same time. This is where you can buy two UT139C and have all the capabilities you might need. It is TRMS AC only, and has all he other functions most people would need.

Remember I sell Brymen only South America and make no money recommending it to anyone else. I also make no money recommending Amprobe nor Uni-T. Uni-T has so many crap models it is hard to recommend them but I have the UT139C here I have been using and testing has proven itself to me to be a worthy meter and especially for the price. You can get it from Franky, iloveelectronics here on the forums, for $50 shipped. He will take care of you better than any other retailer I know.

Just so you know, I own a Fluke and have used many of their models over the years, Brymens, Uni-Trends, Digiteks, Mastech  :palm:, Metex, one Victor that has been surprising in accuracy over 5 years, UEi, and a couple of others I am probably forgetting. My point is that I understand the confidence in Fluke, but confidence should not over ride your needs in functions. I have as much confidence in Brymen or I wouldn't have started trying to sell them in one of the most difficult markets in the world here in SA. I also make my other brand/model recommendations with the same confidence with the caveats I always include in my recommendations. I make NO money in all the recommendations I have made to you here. I just want to help.

Edited for grammar

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:16:35 pm by Lightages »

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 08:12:31 pm »
Yeah. It sucks how they positioned these lower end meters. This seems to be a common tactic for most market leaders in other industries as well. They sell so many products that they worry about cannibalizing their higher end models with their entry level ones. Canon and Nikon do the same thing with their cameras. They drop seemingly easy features from their lower end products just to differentiate the top models enough.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »
The 115 is rated at 1% ±3 counts. This means a reading of 1mA could be actually off by 301%! You need the lower range to be available so you can see something more like 1.000uA instead of 0.001mA. The difference in errors on those ranges is very significant with those measurements.

50000/500000 counts, 0.03% accuracy, dual display, TRMS AC+DC, PC connection option, and many others. It gives up battery life, touch hold, and lifetime warranty against the 115.

Lightages, all good points.  Thanks

Two things: 

1 for other folks out there who have a Fluke 115 - can someone check to see if a Fluke 115 reading that should be .001 amps (1 milliamp) really reads as .003 amps (3 milliamps)? or .002 amps (2 milliamps)? Or do you get an accurate reading of .001 amps (1milliamp)?

1 for Lightages - are you pretty sure about the true AC+DC rms capability?

http://brymen.com/product-html/cata250/BM250_Catalog.pdf

In the spec sheet above I didn't see anything about AC+DC rms; per the earlier discussions in this thread a true AC+DC rms capability would enable a DMM to calculate true AC rms taking into consideration a DC offset.  I believe the 257s can do what is referred to as "true AC rms" but I don't yet see something that confirms it does true AC+DC rms.  Maybe I'm just missing it.

Sorry, I saw that you were referring to the 857s, not the 257s.

Thanks, EF
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:41:59 pm by Electro Fan »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 10:39:38 pm »
1 for Lightages - are you pretty sure about the true AC+DC rms capability?

http://brymen.com/product-html/cata250/BM250_Catalog.pdf

In the spec sheet above I didn't see anything about AC+DC rms; per the earlier discussions in this thread a true AC+DC rms capability would enable a DMM to calculate true AC rms taking into consideration a DC offset.  I believe the 257s can do what is referred to as "true AC rms" but I don't yet see something that confirms it does true AC+DC rms.  Maybe I'm just missing it.

Thanks, EF

I pointed to the BM857s. This is MUCH a more capable meter than the BM257s and for basically the same price as the 115. The BM257s is TRMS AC only.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2015, 10:48:26 pm »

Two things: 

1 for other folks out there who have a Fluke 115 - can someone check to see if a Fluke 115 reading that should be .001 amps (1 milliamp) really reads as .003 amps (3 milliamps)? or .002 amps (2 milliamps)? Or do you get an accurate reading of .001 amps (1milliamp)?

It could be very well that all 115s will read exactly 1mA when exactly 1mA is applied. You will never know if it is 1.999mA or 1.000mA because it is beyond the capabilities of the 115 to display. Even without any error in accuracy, that is still almost 200% possible error in the actual value. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the 115, but rather that it is just a fact of life of the resolution of the meter. With this in mind, it is actually possible for the value to be 3.999mA and only read 1mA and still be within the spec of the 115. Again, this is not any bashing of the 115, it is a fact of the resolution and the spec of the 115. So if you want to have "accurate" measurements below 10mA, then you need a different range.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 11:51:04 pm »

Two things: 

It could be very well that all 115s will read exactly 1mA when exactly 1mA is applied. You will never know if it is 1.999mA or 1.000mA because it is beyond the capabilities of the 115 to display.

If the meter thinks it is reading 1.999mA I think it will display .002 (fwiw, my Fluke 179 reads a PentaRef set for 3.3001 Volts as 3.298 but when I change it to manually read fewer digits it reads 3.30, so I think Fluke knows how to round up and down) but yes I get that the accuracy on the 115 has a pretty wide range - which is why I'd be up for hearing from any Fluke 115 owners who have the ability to test their 115 meters to see if their meters generally go as far out as the spec or if they typically do better to some degree.

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:05 am »
uA/mA range is useful, especially in Electronics. Personally I really don't like the BM857s. It looks like a cheap chinese meter. The backlight on it for instance feels like an afterthought, they just stuck some green LEDs behind, they didn't even bother with a diffuser, probably the worst design for a LED backlight I've ever seen, design looks like a cross between an 87 knockoff and a cheap harbor freight meter.

Brymen BM257s is more modern, is nice and small, and it has all the essentials. Fluke 115 though comes with a proper fast latching continuity tester.

Hold feature on 115 is actually not Fluke's proper auto hold. It's just a hold, very disappointing by Fluke to not implemented their awesome autohold they use on the higher end meters.

If you want a Fluke, I would go with a 115 if you want Brymen I think BM257s would be a nice gift as well.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:23:16 am by Muxr »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 12:58:27 am »
uA/mA range is useful, especially in Electronics. Personally I really don't like the BM857s. It looks like a cheap chinese meter. The backlight on it for instance feels like an afterthought, they just stuck some green LEDs behind, they didn't even bother with a diffuser, probably the worst design for a LED backlight I've ever seen, design looks like a cross between an 87 knockoff and a cheap harbor freight meter.

Brymen BM257s is more modern, is nice and small, and it has all the essentials. Fluke 115 though comes with a proper fast latching continuity tester.

Hold feature on 115 is actually not Fluke's proper auto hold. It's just a hold, very disappointing by Fluke to not implemented their awesome autohold they use on the higher end meters.

If you want a Fluke, I would go with a 115 if you want Brymen I think BM257s would be a nice gift as well.

Yep, it seems to come down to the 115 and 257s.  I really hate to become a test case but maybe I'll give the 257s a try.  If it doesn't turn out to be a good meter I can dig a conservative hole and just stay there :)

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 01:38:21 am »

Two things: 

It could be very well that all 115s will read exactly 1mA when exactly 1mA is applied. You will never know if it is 1.999mA or 1.000mA because it is beyond the capabilities of the 115 to display.

If the meter thinks it is reading 1.999mA I think it will display .002 (fwiw, my Fluke 179 reads a PentaRef set for 3.3001 Volts as 3.298 but when I change it to manually read fewer digits it reads 3.30, so I think Fluke knows how to round up and down) but yes I get that the accuracy on the 115 has a pretty wide range - which is why I'd be up for hearing from any Fluke 115 owners who have the ability to test their 115 meters to see if their meters generally go as far out as the spec or if they typically do better to some degree.
Give me a bit, I have one at work. I'll test it with my DMMCheck Plus.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 01:40:09 am »
more.... thoughts / info....

Seems like the Greenlee DM-510A is the same meter - although it's somewhat hard to see if the 510A is the equivalent of the original 257 or the newer 257s - or if there are any advantages to buying a Brymen vs. a Greenlee product.  (Greenlee might have a better warranty in the U.S.).

http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-DM-510A-Professional-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B003TO5YU0/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Some excerpts from some of the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-DM-510A-Professional-Digital-Multimeter/product-reviews/B003TO5YU0/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=all_stars&pageNumber=1

(Overall, pretty positive reviews except for a few things.  Limited LED testing (max out at 1.5V?), plastic smell?, so-so continuity? so-so tilt bale, back light only stays on for 30 seconds?.  Maybe some 257s users can comment on whether these are correct or notable issues.  Seems like a DMM should be able to test diodes with better than 1.5V, and the smell issue wouldn't be nice but maybe it's a personal thing for someone sensitive to smells or maybe it goes away?  It would be nice to have a sturdy bale.  If the biggest issue is the light turns off after 30 seconds that would be not be much of a problem.)

Review excerpts

I have an old DM-200 and I have dropped it tens of times and it still works perfectly. I bought the DM-510a because it has true RMS voltage measurement, temperature, and capacitance measurements. With the optional cable, you can hook it up to a PC for logging. This unit is quick and as accurate as any portable DMM on market. It's every bit as good as the Fluke meters we have and costs less with a lifetime warranty. Fluke used to be made in the U.S., but not anymore. Most of their meters are made in China, with a couple of exceptions.

---

This is meter does just about everything, and the size is great too. I first bought the 830A, which is super meter but it was *huge*. This meter has almost all the same functions (no conductivity, no Dbm) and it's *way* smaller.
I would say that these Greenlee meters have way more value than Fluke, but it's more than that... Fluke doesn't even *make* one meter with all these features, so this was my only choice.
I love it.

---

I have the identical OEM version of this meter (Brymen BM257). Build quality is excellent and consistent with its rather conservative CAT ratings. Other pros are: good refresh rate; big display digits; excellent probe set; nice rubber holster. Cons: wimpy tilt bail; so-so range switch; back of meter case feels cheap and not tightly fitting; latching continuity beeper is a bit slow; pricey

---

Has that, Oh so Sweet! toxic Chinese plastic (test leads) and rubber smell (protective holster). Do not touch yourself after handling this meter. Wash your hands after using it. The range switch on this unit is small even for someone with small hands. Also, the bar graph is slow while tracking measurements (not like the Fluke's). This unit should have been made a little bigger with a larger range switch. Overall it is not a bad unit, but I am going to have to fail it (two stars) because it is not value for your money, especially after Greenlee did not include the adapter and software for a PC. Otherwise, I would have given it three stars.

I place the fair market value of this meter at around $80. Let's get it there. I returned mine to Amazon for a refund.

---

This meter is really good, except for 1 major flaw that made me return it. There are also a couple minor annoyances that are not show stoppers, but not good in my opinion.

DCV and ACV
This meter has excellent accuracy and is a True RMS meter. It also has a high number of counts for a very good precision reading.

Continuity
The continuity test is so so. It is very fast response, but is not latching. Has a scratchy sound to it, which I don't like. In general you can live with it since it is very high speed, but a latching beep would have made it aces.

Backlight
The meter has a really nice backlight. Only issue for me is that when you shut off the backlight, it stays on only for 30 seconds. Not cool. When I turn on the backlight, I want the backlight to stay on until I shut it off.

Rec function (aka Min Max)
The record function is good, but lacks a "Fast min/max" mode for high speed transient detection.

Diode Test
Checks standard diodes fine, but can't test even a red LED. This is a show stopper to me. The meter only outputs 1.5V for the diode check, so it can't forward bias even a standard Red LED with a 1.6 forward voltage. My bremen 869 puts out 3V, and the fluke can even forward bias a white LED. A 1.5V diode test is inexcusable these days. Even my 25 year old Fluke 29 puts out 2.9V on the diode test function.

Hold Function
The hold function is just OK. when you have a value on the screen and hit hold, it will lock the value into the display. This is ok, but not nearly as useful as the fluke AutoHold feature. AutoHold lets you set it, then take your measurement, and the meter will automatically hold the reading for you. For instance, if you hit autoHold, then measure the resistance of a resistor, you will hear a beep and the meter will have locked in the value of the resistor. This is a very handy feature, and one that a Vanilla hold really misses.

Overall this is an excellent meter, that is built well, will be safe to use even at mains voltages (CAT iV rated). Brymen is the OEM of this meter which is sold as the BM-257. It is a good meter that will last a long time. Just don't rely on it for LED testing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:50:17 am by Electro Fan »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 01:44:26 am »

Pedro, Thanks

EF

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015, 01:53:39 am »

Pedro, Thanks

EF

Damn, just checked, I have a 116 not a 115.

Sorry.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 01:57:30 am »
No worries - feel free to let us know about any features that are the same on the 115 and 116, or any other thoughts on the 116.  Thx

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 01:58:44 am »
Any chance that some of our Spanish speaking EEVers could let us know if there is anything good to learn from this video?

Brymen 257s and Fluke 87V

Thanks

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 02:09:01 am »
Doubt you'll be able to get much valuable information using the DMMCheck Plus. I just tried mine on the 87V and a 27 in the Amp range and DMMCheck's 1mA output barely registers. Lightgages is right. Measuring down to a few mA will not really be spot on, on a meter with just Amp measurement.

For a lot of stuff a measurement within a few mA is sufficient, also you can use your own shunt resistor to measure current. But it's definitely a big shortcoming of the 115 when it comes to electronics work and performing accurate small current measurements.

One thing I noticed on these Brymen meters is that they don't have Min/Max mode. This is really handy in a variety of situations. Especially for someone who doesn't own a scope.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:47:09 am by Muxr »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 02:31:54 am »
Doubt you'll be able to get much valuable information using the DMMCheck Plus. I just tried mine on the 87V and a 27 in the Amp range and DMMCheck's 1mA output barely registers. Lightgages is right. Measuring down to a few mA will not really be spot on, on a meter with just Amp measurement.

For a lot of stuff a measurement within a few mA is sufficient, also you can use your own shunt resistor to measure current. But it's definitely a big shortcoming of the 155 when it comes to electronics work and performing accurate small current measurements.

One thing I noticed on these Brymen meters is that they don't have Min/Max mode. This is really handy in a variety of situations. Especially for someone who doesn't own a scope.

Don't know why the 87V should have any challenge with this.  On my DMMCheckplus set for 0.9996mA DC my Fluke 179 reads 1.00mA and for 1.000mA AC it reads 1.01.  I don't know which has drifted the Checkplus or the Fluke but you can get to hundredths of a mA on the 179.  But in any event it would be good to get beyond the single digit milliamp readout of the Fluke 115 so the Brymen is looking attractive - if it just smells ok :) (not too much plastic aroma), and hopefully it can power a red LED.  :)

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 02:35:26 am »

For a lot of stuff a measurement within a few mA is sufficient, also you can use your own shunt resistor to measure current. But it's definitely a big shortcoming of the 155 when it comes to electronics work and performing accurate small current measurements.

Don't know why the 87V should have any challenge with this.  On my DMMCheckplus set for 0.9996mA DC my Fluke 179 reads 1.00mA and for 1.000mA AC it reads 1.01.  I don't know which has drifted the Checkplus or the Fluke but you can get to hundredths of a mA on the 179.  But in any event it would be good to get beyond the single digit milliamp readout of the Fluke 115 so the Brymen is looking attractive - if it just smells ok :) (not too much plastic aroma), and hopefully it can power a red LED.  :)
I used the A mode not the uA mode. To simulate what a user would do with a 115, since 115 only has the A mode.

In uA mode 87V shows exactly 1000 uA which is what my DMM Check Plus cal sheet shows.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:38:58 am by Muxr »

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2015, 03:28:01 am »
No worries - feel free to let us know about any features that are the same on the 115 and 116, or any other thoughts on the 116.  Thx

The 116 is more of an HVAC meter I think. It drops A, adds uA, Temp and LoZ.

My feelings on the meter, it's competent but nothing amazing. How it feels in the hand is very mediocre, the selector feels cheap (a bit loose and a bit rough, not at all like the 87V I used to have). I will do a full review on it at some point soon. The leads say they say they are TL75 but they feel pretty so so; they are not at all soft like my Pomona leads. The backlight is VERY dim. The dimmest of all of the meters that I have used, in sunlight you can't tell when it turns on. Continuity is latched and the turn on is fast but the turn off is a bit slow. Such that if I run the tips across each other. I can make it miss disconnects.

The good thing is that it meets its specifications and does it time and time again. Additionally, knowing Fluke it will be safe (even though it has no fuses).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2015, 03:39:10 am »

I used the A mode not the uA mode. To simulate what a user would do with a 115, since 115 only has the A mode.

In uA mode 87V shows exactly 1000 uA which is what my DMM Check Plus cal sheet shows.

Roger that - I missed where you said measured in the Amp range.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2015, 05:43:51 am »

Sorry but you are referring to the BM857A which had the poor back light. The BM857s has a full back light that is very nice and the model is UL listed with CATIII/1000V and CATIV/600V on the latest IEC requirements. It is built like a brick outhouse and has more features than the BM257s, and a whole other class of accuracy. I misspoke when I said it has dual display, it does not. It does not have temperature measurement if that is important.

Yes, I agree the BM257s looks nicer, but for the same price as the 115, the BM857s is more capable IMHO.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:43 am »

If the latching continuity is anything like the 116, the turn on is nice and fast but the turn off is not fast enough. I can easily make it skip disconnects when running the probes across each other.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2015, 06:57:04 am »
more.... thoughts / info....

Seems like the Greenlee DM-510A is the same meter - although it's somewhat hard to see if the 510A is the equivalent of the original 257 or the newer 257s - or if there are any advantages to buying a Brymen vs. a Greenlee product.  (Greenlee might have a better warranty in the U.S.).
Yes you get the Greenlee lifetime warranty. What it really means is still up in the air until I here from Greenlee. I do not know if their model is the equivalent to the "s" version or not.
http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-DM-510A-Professional-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B003TO5YU0/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8
(Overall, pretty positive reviews except for a few things.  Limited LED testing (max out at 1.5V?), plastic smell?, so-so continuity? so-so tilt bale, back light only stays on for 30 seconds?.  Maybe some 257s users can comment on whether these are correct or notable issues.  Seems like a DMM should be able to test diodes with better than 1.5V, and the smell issue wouldn't be nice but maybe it's a personal thing for someone sensitive to smells or maybe it goes away?  It would be nice to have a sturdy bale.  If the biggest issue is the light turns off after 30 seconds that would be not be much of a problem.)
Yes, the diode test is only good to 1.5V, on the BM857s it is around 2.9V (measured). The tilt bale is nothing special but it is basically unbreakable. Yes, the back light is only on for 30 seconds. I hate that in a multimeter. There should be an option to keep it on indefinitely if you choose. This is not just a problem for Brymen. I did not detect any weird smells from any Brymen I have looked at, and that is dozens. The test lead type is an option for the reseller to ask for. There are two types, one with stainless steel sharpened tip but with stiff insulation, and the other with gold plated tips with silicone insulation. I prefer the gold tipped version.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2015, 07:13:08 am »
Any chance that some of our Spanish speaking EEVers could let us know if there is anything good to learn from this video?

Brymen 257s and Fluke 87V

Thanks

He is just going over his need for a smaller alternative to the 87V and he likes the BM257s. He goes over the functions and likes and dislikes. The only real dislike that I could see is that he missed the autohold on the 87V. But as Muxr pointed out, the 115 doesn't have that feature.

There is no need to search videos for Brymens if you want direct answers. I have tested and used the BM257s, BM857s, BM829s, BM869s, BM525, BM27, BM22 and the BM089 clamp meter.

Why don't I tell you about the things I don't like about the BM257s? I would much prefer it had TRMS AC+DC instead of just AC, I wish there was an option to enable the back light to be on till I want it off, and I would like it to measure all types of LEDs. As far as the AC+DC function, there are work arounds with measuring in AC and DC mode and making some calculations, but that isn't very convenient.

What don't I like about the BM857s? The back light timeout again, the lack of temperature measurement, and it could have better battery life. There is so much more in the BM857s over the BM257s that if you are looking at FLuke 115 prices it is a big contender.

In the end I would not be ashamed to own the Fluke 115, nor the 17B+, nor a BM257s, nor the BM857s. It comes down to your level of confidence in what you are buying is going to meet your needs in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:14:42 am by Lightages »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf