Author Topic: FeelTech FY3224S 24MHz Function Signal Generator: Manual Trigger has bugs  (Read 3135 times)

Offline mcmusicTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with my FY3224S  in the Manual Trigger mode.  My model seems to have some bugs here. I have attached some pictures showing the trouble.

At first I selected a sine wave of 1kHz. Then I pressed the “count” button three times to enter the Manual Trigger mode. In line 1 of the display I selected a count of 8 waveforms and pressed the button. 8 waveforms come out well on CH1. With 9 or 10 waveforms, the 2 latest waves come out wrong. From 11 onwards the output is ok. See pics A - D.

If I selected a square wave of 1 kHz instead of the sine, the 9th pulse is distorted (note the glitch to GND and an apparent longer “ON” time from 8-9 ms). See pic E.

If you select a slightly lower frequency, for example 0.995 kHz, the output shows a similar behaviour as with 1kHz plus an additional signal jump at 10.8 ms. See pics F - G.

At one time, the display got confused, showing “Manual Tri SINE”, but I forgot the exact button sequence to get this display. See pic H.

Can someone check these findings with his FY3224S? Do you get similar results?

Greetings,
mcmusic

• Contributor
Just a small Follow-up: The bug described above also appears in "CH2 Trigger" mode.

My adjustments for the attached pic J:

Ch2: 50 Hz, 1V Square.
Ch1: 1 kHz, 4V Sine.

With 5 presses on the Count button you reach the "Channel 2 Trigger" mode.
Line 1 shows CP_COUNT=10 (adjust the number to 10).

That means that every 20ms = 1/50Hz  10 Sine waves should be generated on CH1. Pic J shows that the very first burst is faulty, by the same reason from the previous post. The subsequent 15 bursts (and probably all thereafter) are as desired.

Hint: If you want to produce the same thing, adjust CH2 and CH1 as described. Then press the Count button 4 times, then you will have "Ext Trigger" in line 2 of the display. Then set your scope to trigger mode "Single" - it will wait for a trigger signal. Then press the Count button 1 more time and enter "CH2 TRIGGER MODE". My newly arrived Rigol Scope caught pic J after that.

BTW, the FY3224S has Firmware Rev. 2.0  2010-2014.

Greetings
mcmusic
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:17:03 pm by mcmusic »

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
Just out of interest, what oscilloscope are you using in the first set of screenshots? Very nice display! :)

• Contributor
Hi pascal-sweden,

it is a very nice but bulky Philips PM3320A. But it is starting to develop faults. It now has a severe low pass characteristic on Channel 2 for >= 5V/Div (below it works ok). This did cost me many hours wasted debugging time in another project. So far I did not dare to attempt the repair of this PCB-cramped cabinet. Maybe it is only an electrolytic capacitor that went bad?
I took the screenshots with my Canon S100 directly from the screen of the PM3320A.

Greetings,
mcmusic

Offline Lighthammer

Got mine FY3224S 24MHz with Firmware 4.0

No issues with manual trigger.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf