Author Topic: Documentation for AWG based on AD9106  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Lathe26Topic starter

• Contributor
Documentation for AWG based on AD9106
« on: December 11, 2023, 01:58:23 am »
There is a bare-bones AWG from China that is based on the Analog Devices AD9106.

It's available on Aliexpress and eBay, but does not appear to have a product name.  To find it, search these sites for "AD9106".

The existing documentation for the AWG is limited.  Thus, I created more detailed documentation for this AWG and posted it on Github at https://github.com/Lathe26/AD9106_AWG/tree/master.  Hopefully, this will give other folks a better idea of what this AWG can do, it's limitations, and to a lesser extend what the AD9106 chip can do.

Feedback is welcome.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 03:33:59 am by Lathe26 »

The following users thanked this post: jbb, ch_scr, zrq

Offline Lathe26Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Documentation for AWG based on AD9106
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 06:11:04 am »
Updates:
  • USB protocol documented
  • Tool created to issue commands and send arbitrary data, called awg_ad9106.py

The following users thanked this post: jbb

Offline jbb

• Super Contributor
Re: Documentation for AWG based on AD9106
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2024, 10:21:07 pm »
Thanks for that great write-up of the AD9106 AWG boards.  It's helped clarify a few things for me, thanks.

I have a couple of follow-up questions which I hope you can help me with...
Q1: you have an example of "SRAM factory waveform 0 AM modulation of 1MHz sine wave", which is a feature I'm interested in.  Do you know if you can configure the device to do this continuously without pauses?
Q2: have you seen any references to "CH1_ADD" or "CH2_ADD" register bits in the interface? (They are part of the AD9106 register file but I don't know if the module supports them.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf