Author Topic: TDS5054B fails diagnostics for "ADC Connects"  (Read 637 times)

Offline pac1085Topic starter

• Contributor
TDS5054B fails diagnostics for "ADC Connects"
« on: January 01, 2023, 09:03:42 pm »
Edit: I never did figure this out, but I found a parts unit and swapped it's Acq board into mine - it's now working!

Hey all,
I recently acquired a really nice condition TDS5054B in a trade (for practically free).  I was really hopeful that any issues it had were on the PC side of it, since I'm very comfortable with IT work... unfortunately the PC side of the scope is fine, but it appears to have issues with the acquisition board.

It fails diagnostics with the error "ADC Connects: 372" (I posted a small clip to youtube here:
)

Channel 1 will not display any waveform.  Channel 2, 3 and 4 will display a waveform, but if if you try to display either two or three of them at the same time, only one shows correctly. 

I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light on what this specific error means, or which specific area of the board to check out (I'm guessing the two ADC chips)  I know there's not much hope for repairing the acquisition board but perhaps it's some sort of issue with a passive component.

Also, does anyone know if the TDS5054B-NV has the same acquisition board as a regular TDS5054B?  I'm trying to find one with a busted PC side for sale...to scavenge the acquisition board out of.

Here's a stock pic of the acquisition board from xdevs

Thanks!!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 02:18:51 am by pac1085 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf