Author Topic: Buttons on Siglent SDS1000X-E seem thicker and better than Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 2132 times)

Online pascal_swedenTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Is it only an impression or is it really so that the buttons on the low-end Siglent oscilloscope are thicker and better than on the high-end Siglent Oscilloscope?

Thick buttons on the Siglent SDS1000X-E series:

Thin buttons on the Siglent SDS2000X Plus series:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:31:26 pm by pascal_sweden »

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor
Are you talking about push buttons or rotary knobs ?

I never had SDS1000X in my hands but I had the previous SDS2000X and the plastic knobs are not necessarily the problem, but the rotary encoders are very poor quality. I believe the worst I have ever had.

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
Mine are about the same.. they just look unusually low in that pic for whatever reason

As far as the encoders.. they work.. im not very opinionated over the look of the buttons and knobs, none have ever failed to work so nothing to gripe about

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor
Yes the encoders worked well, it's just that they are of very poor quality.
There is a lot of "clearance" in the axis ( I don't know how it is said in English ).
I replaced the universal encoder on my previous Siglent scope because it was difficult to press the button without changing the setting.

This must be less annoying on an oscilloscope with a touch screen.....and on an oscilloscope paid 1200 €.
I paid mine more than 1800 € so I found it annoying to have such crappy encoders.

The following users thanked this post: Elasia

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
Yes the encoders worked well, it's just that they are of very poor quality.
There is a lot of "clearance" in the axis ( I don't know how it is said in English ).
I replaced the universal encoder on my previous Siglent scope because it was difficult to press the button without changing the setting.

This must be less annoying on an oscilloscope with a touch screen.....and on an oscilloscope paid 1200 €.
I paid mine more than 1800 € so I found it annoying to have such crappy encoders.

Yeah the small ones take no force at all.. a bit annoying but i almost never push them either

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor
IIRC on my old Siglent, I had to use it to configure a serial bus decoding, and to set a non-standard baudrate I wanted to throw it by the window  ;D :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

The touch screen and/or mouse control is great for that, it makes life easier.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
IIRC on my old Siglent, I had to use it to configure a serial bus decoding, and to set a non-standard baudrate I wanted to throw it by the window  ;D :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

I'd sold my SDS2304X by the time 1.2.2.2R19 firmware was released and I'm surprised custom buadrate wasn't added in this last version.  :-//
Custom settings have been available in the little X-E models for a good while.
They certainly do but you still use the encoder some for thresholds.
I just done some History decode shots for member snoopy and used touch for everything but thresholds.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor

I'd sold my SDS2304X by the time 1.2.2.2R19 firmware was released and I'm surprised custom buadrate wasn't added in this last version.  :-//
Custom settings have been available in the little X-E models for a good while.
They certainly do but you still use the encoder some for thresholds.
I just done some History decode shots for member snoopy and used touch for everything but thresholds.  :)

Frankly I don't remember if there were custom baudrate on that one, but just selecting a standard baudrate from the drop-down list was very annoying.
I had to debug a RC bus (SBUS) with a custom baudrate
I don't remember if I did it with the Siglent or the Rigol ... but I'm almost sure it was with the Siglent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf