Author Topic: Best Budget 6.5 Digit multimeter  (Read 7092 times)

Offline ali_asadzadehTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Best Budget 6.5 Digit multimeter
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2022, 09:30:21 pm »
Guys thanks for all the feedback, I think we should have some forum members that have used HDM3065B, I saw a brazilian member have used it and have some videos in spanish on youtube, it would be great to have your feedback and also compare it's accuracy with A brand models.

Kleinstein, I wonder what's the situation with your open source ADC, is there any plan for an open source 6.5 Digit or higher DMM >:D
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2022, 07:26:44 am »
Guys thanks for all the feedback, I think we should have some forum members that have used HDM3065B, I saw a brazilian member have used it and have some videos in spanish on youtube, it would be great to have your feedback and also compare it's accuracy with A brand models.

Kleinstein, I wonder what's the situation with your open source ADC, is there any plan for an open source 6.5 Digit or higher DMM >:D
The ADC and my DMM front end kind of work for me, good enough to be mostly limited by the LM399 reference and allow artifact calibration. There are still some more minor quirks, quite some bodges and the software is missing parts, especially for the amps and ohms part. I currently have no concrete plan for making it a open source DMM project. The current chip shortage is a bit frustrating. Still so far this would be DC only and a official calibration could be tricky.

For the accuracy the limited feedback from a few rather new units is of limited value. The problem is not so much that all units will drift in the same way, but the relatively high properbility that any single unit may drift. A small sample can not proof reliablity, it only can proof the lack of it if there is one that fails on the specs. Often only time will tell if the specs were right, rather conservative or overly optimistic.
For the HDM we don't really need that sample meter to fail - from the pictures it is quite obvious that those specs are overly optimistic and not worth much.
Some feedback could still be nice, for things like missing features or bugs in the software, that could be a problem or a deal breaker.

There may still be a limited use for a low noise, good resolution meter even with poor accuracy. The number of digits is no longer the main point to judge a meters qualitly. The dispaly size and also the noise is not longer difficult or expensive. The hard and expensive parts are the linearity and long term accuracy (not just specs on paper). It even makes some sense to have these relatively cheap 6.5 digit meters, but they don't offer the accuracy we were used from a 6.5. digit meter. It is a bit sad that they don't come with credible specs. Given the limited accuracy the price is no longer that good.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2022, 10:26:55 am »
Kleinstein thanks for the update :-+

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2022, 09:32:04 am »
Has anyone here have hantek  sales rep contact info in china? I have emailed the info in their website service@hantek.com and there is no response!

http://www.hantek.com/about#hantek_contact

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf