Author Topic: 5G conspiracies  (Read 15177 times)

Offline CyberdukeTopic starter

• Contributor
5G conspiracies
« on: April 02, 2020, 04:09:39 pm »
Ok folks, Time to put on your tinfoil hats for this one. The internet is currently not short of any 5G conspiracies. And it seems to be growing. (even crazy ones connecting it to covid-19 |O)

I have knowladge on the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and can see that 5G does not have the frequency needed to be harmful and cause cancer. It would be great to have some other arguments as to why these conspiracy theories are nonsense.

Here is an example of a video that the internet is not short of

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:30:33 pm by Cyberduke »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: 5G conspiracies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 05:24:52 pm »
I think the burden of proof is on those who wish to complain about them not the other way round.

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 05:39:19 pm »
I have knowladge on the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation

Just about everyone on the Internet also seems to think that at the moment.

Online chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 05:41:26 pm »
Only yesterday a taxi driver was telling me that one of his passengers thinks that Covid-19 is due to 5G

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:54:39 pm »
That’s probably David Icke’s fault. Oh plus some absolute bell curve challenged dingbat.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 06:46:34 pm »
Only yesterday a taxi driver was telling me that one of his passengers thinks that Covid-19 is due to 5G

It's crazy.
There are unbelievably bad and apparently scientifically wrong videos, on so many levels.
Also, it has lots of positives and few negative votes.

Why do people believe it ?

I don't like being rude about people. But it sounds like the ramblings of someone, who may be at least a tiny bit, mentally ill (and I'm being NICE and restrained, here!).

Example:

Executive Summary:
5G LED street lights, are really government sponsored, killing machines and causing fatal respiratory illness. He seems to be talking such complete and utter nonsense, I've not paid much attention to it, or watched much of it. So, sorry, if I'm a bit wrong in the summary. He has made many, similar, crazy videos.

UK authorites seem to have tried and failed to get him shut down etc.

Judge REFUSES to gag anti-5G street light campaigner, stating: 'The public have a right to know'

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mark-steele-5g-gateshead-council-15269240

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:09:36 pm by MK14 »

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 07:06:29 pm »
It's crazy.
There are unbelievably bad and apparently scientifically wrong videos, on so many levels.
Also, it has lots of positives and few negative votes.

Why do people believe it ?
Because many people are scientifically illiterate and a lot of people prefer certain types of answers. The ideal structure of an answer is where you can point a finger at a particular thing and say that "This right there is the cause, nothing else.", or, better yet, you can blame some human or organization. If it removes the fault on your side, bonus points. If it fits into your belief structure, even more bonus points. There is a host of other factors and reasons as well as to why people prefer certain types of answers.

In reality, most of the answers are pretty complicated and don't point to one single entity as the source.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:08:42 pm by daqq »
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »
Because many people are scientifically illiterate and a lot of people prefer certain types of answers.

It seems to be like going back, hundreds of years ago, when (some) people believed in witches.

So, they are burning 5G things or street lights, instead of witches, these days. Because of (apparently) mistaken beliefs.

Offline Mark19960

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:16 pm »
The 5G issues to me are an extension of the smart meter debate.
My house here in the states has had the smart meter on it since we bought the bloody thing.
The house before this one had one on it. Not sick. Not dying. That one goes back oh some 20 years.

Far too much pseudoscience around 5G just as it was and still is with the smart meters.
Think "better call saul" and the blokes brother that wrapped himself in tin foil.

My faith in humanity gets shaken to the core with these lunatics.
Relation to Covid-19? That's just bloody mental.

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 06:47:37 am »
It seems to be like going back, hundreds of years ago, when (some) people believed in witches.

So, they are burning 5G things or street lights, instead of witches, these days. Because of (apparently) mistaken beliefs.
Actually, we, as a whole, never left that stage. For most people the 'threats' have changed, for some, not so much:
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/saudi-arabias-war-on-witchcraft/278701/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/12/13/how-do-you-prove-someones-a-witch-in-saudi-arabia/
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 07:33:05 am »

Actually, we, as a whole, never left that stage. For most people the 'threats' have changed, for some, not so much:
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/saudi-arabias-war-on-witchcraft/278701/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/12/13/how-do-you-prove-someones-a-witch-in-saudi-arabia/

Good point, you are right.

I'm sometimes, going   :palm:  inside my head. When I hear that people think "science", is optional or alternatives to it, are ok.
I'm NOT talking about challenges to the odd scientific theory, which can be useful to progress science itself.
But complete disregard for science, in some cases.

A recent example, comes from a BBC report about the virus in Russia.
It says that they were still crowding into this small church, and preying. I.e. NOT socially isolating in there, because of the virus.
The BBC reporter asked one of the people, why they were doing that.
She explained that because it was a holy place (inside the church), it was IMPOSSIBLE to catch the virus, inside the church.
Punchline, she was a Doctor in Russia.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 08:22:25 am »

I would not stress till 666g is released  >:D

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 08:26:57 am »

I would not stress till 666g is released  >:D

Will they go from 12G to 14G, for obvious/similar reasons ?

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 08:36:35 am »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 09:08:41 am »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 10:15:11 am »
The ones who believe this are the same ones who went to the store and bought all the toilet paper off the shelf, because they need to feel useful, and fuzzzy thinking, often in a small room with a generally white ceramic cast seat, is about the top level for thinking for them. Often the brain falls out, and has to be put back carefully using the paper to coddle it.

Could be haemorrhoids though, you never can be sure if that was a brain cell of just a nugget.

www.youtube.com/embed/xavluTezTnU
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:24:47 am by SeanB »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 10:34:02 am »
didnt watch all but... wireless do cause cancer, so they have some basis about the hatred...

Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 10:40:12 am »
Lets not go down that video thread. we already have a thread on it here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/truth-about-cell-phone-radiation-dr-devra-davis-melbourne-lecture/

1. Don't lick 4G tower antennas (or AM transmitters if you're feeling even more brave)
2. Don't buy a "chinese eyeball cooker" 25W FM HT, crank it right up and call CQ.

Problem solved.

Just a point as well. I worked in a nice "death cupboard" for a couple of years with quite high energy microwave kit in it running test rigs. I still have three eyes and three testicles.

Edit: also to point out, just because folk are Dr / PHD equipped doesn't mean they know what they're talking about and it shouldn't lead to any further credibility being applied to their argument than anyone else. Everything should be treated objectively.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:46:46 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: MK14, Electro Detective

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 10:45:36 am »
The ones who believe this are the same ones who went to the store and bought all the toilet paper off the shelf, because they need to feel useful, and fuzzzy thinking, often in a small room with a generally white ceramic cast seat, is about the top level for thinking for them. Often the brain falls out, and has to be put back carefully using the paper to coddle it.

Could be haemorrhoids though, you never can be sure if that was a brain cell of just a nugget.

www.youtube.com/embed/xavluTezTnU

The problem is, it could cause serious damage to society. (The concept of some people NOT believing in science).

We (hopefully), will have a coronavirus vaccine, at some point.

Then we (may) have coronavirus vaccine, conspiracy theories, that it is somehow bad (causes people to grow horns, glow pink at night and be unable to watch youtube science videos, without getting bored and switching it off).

So, a percentage (15% ?), of people refuse to take it. Which could cause further outbreaks amongst those people, and if it mutates, further misery, for the other sensible 85% of the population.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:48:19 am by MK14 »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 10:48:04 am »
We'll have mandatory vaccinations for this. They were talking about introducing them anyway last year.

BTW there are a lot of anti-vaxxers here in the UK. Usually holistic health mindfulness idiots.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:49:58 am by bd139 »

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:25 am »
We'll have mandatory vaccinations for this. They were talking about introducing them anyway last year.

BTW there are a lot of anti-vaxxers here in the UK. Usually holistic health mindfulness idiots.

Hopefully. But, I wouldn't be 100% surprised, if they DON'T.
It could get voted down, or a judge might accept a legal claim that it is unlawful and against our human rights.
Also, even if it becomes law. Some people would still refuse to have it.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 10:55:40 am »
There's prior action here. Look up Judge Clifford Bellamy / MMR vaccine case. They won't likely go against other members of the judiciary. https://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed191684

If they refuse they should be sanctioned or jailed.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 11:05:49 am »
There's prior action here. Look up Judge Clifford Bellamy / MMR vaccine case. They won't likely go against other members of the judiciary. https://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed191684

If they refuse they should be sanctioned or jailed.

Another mechanism used (not necessarily the UK, I can't remember which countries, possibly the US). Is that schools insist that children prove they have received the necessary vaccinations. Otherwise they are refused entry to the schools.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 11:08:50 am »
That makes sense to me. If only they did that with nits  ::)

Edit: actually I suppose the issue then turns people into home schooling nuts which means likely someone's getting an even more substandard education than you get at school. Not sure that is a good thing either.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 11:19:12 am »
That makes sense to me. If only they did that with nits  ::)

Edit: actually I suppose the issue then turns people into home schooling nuts which means likely someone's getting an even more substandard education than you get at school. Not sure that is a good thing either.

As it stands, all 50 states require specific vaccines for school-aged children, although each grants exemptions for students unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/02/schools-may-solve-the-anti-vaccine-parenting-deadlock/385208/

Part of the problem, is if they aren't vaccinated, it can affect others. Then it might cause the parents difficulties, who may experience it worse.

I remember (but could be wrong, possibly the Tea thread), this happened to you (Chicken pox or something, but I don't think that is vaccinated against, anyway).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf