Author Topic: ZD-915 Desoldering Station Replacement Tips  (Read 4149 times)

Offline ender4171Topic starter

• Contributor
ZD-915 Desoldering Station Replacement Tips
« on: May 17, 2019, 07:10:48 pm »
Hey all,

I recently bought a ZD-915 desoldering station and wanted to grab a handful of extra tips (and other parts like the filters and a spare tube).  However, I have not been able to find any info on what tips actually fit the dang thing or where to source them.  I have seen N5-X series tips (N5-1, N5-2, etc.) from Aven Tools that look quite similar, as well as the Hakko A100X series tips that also look similar.  I don't know for sure if either will actually work with the ZD-915, nor have I been able to find the filters and glass tube except from Rhino Electronics, which is out of country and also appear to technically be for a cloned/rebranded ZD-985 as opposed to the 915. 

Does anyone have experience getting replacement tips (and other consumables) for the 915, or know which parts are correct and a good place to source them either in the US or China? 

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: ZD-915 Desoldering Station Replacement Tips
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 06:04:25 pm »
I get mine from CPC in the UK, part of Farnell Element 14 (now Avnet), very cheap.

I've checked the Element 14 company in the US - Newark. The magic word you need for the search is 'Proskit'. They have the tips, filters, replacement glass tubes etc. and they look similarly cheap.

https://www.newark.com/w/c/tools-production-supplies/soldering-stations-accessories/desoldering/prl/results?st=proskit

Hope this helps.

P.S. The tips come dip tinned so the ends look solid domed. The hole doesn't appear until you heat them up and press the trigger.

P.P.S. If you look at the bottom of the spare gun page you can find replacement elements too. https://www.newark.com/proskit-industries/5ss-331-dg/spare-desoldering-gun-140w/dp/68Y6655
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:35:24 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: xavier60, ender4171

Offline Rax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 11:49:46 am »
Old thread, but maybe worth recycling?...

Has anyone been able to find tips for this recently, or if not, is anyone aware of any currently available tips that may fit?

Thanks!

Offline Southerner

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 09:23:18 am »
Has anyone been able to find tips for this recently, or if not, is anyone aware of any currently available tips that may fit?
Marlin P Jones (MPJA.com) had some tips and even sold a replacement gun for them.  I personally replaced the collection tube in mine with a Hakko glass tube and Hakko filters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf