Author Topic: ReWork Station: Bakon BK881 instruction manual needed.  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Gods69Topic starter

ReWork Station: Bakon BK881 instruction manual needed.
« on: January 14, 2022, 07:53:33 am »
Hi,

I need the english instruction manual for the ReWork Station: Bakon BK881. I just buy one but got dutch manual.
( It's the "ToAuto DS882" model but look the same as the Bakon unit).

Thank You.

Offline zhir

• Contributor
Re: ReWork Station: Bakon BK881 instruction manual needed.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:13:47 am »
Here is the user manual (attached below). To clarify, there seem to be 2 versions of this model. The worst one is known to be "version 2" although the user manual is valid for all versions.

I received that same station yesterday, and I was lucky that it was the original "version 1" variant.
Yes, I know this kit is considered near-junk (compared to Hakko), but I got an interesting Amazn deal for it. This model is also known to use proprietary "Bakon 600" tips, so I picked a generous pack of 10 tips for it at the same time.

So far it does work, and I must say it looks beautifully smaller in person than in the pictures.  :-+  It makes you want to use it just by looking at it.
I never had a heat gun before. This is more powerful than I could possibly imagine! I almost burned my finger by touching the underside of the PCB, even after the heatgun was already powered down on its stand.  :palm:
Compared to my old trusted TS80P, this iron heats up a bit slower, and cools down much more slowly.
Both the soldering iron tip and the hotgun tip are grounded.
The on-screen user interface is OK, but I wish there was an open-source improved alternative firmware for it, to make it more intuitive with more thoughtfulness/ergonomy.

I will report here whatever I notice about this affordable station.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 04:14:01 pm by zhir »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf