Author Topic: Anyone owns a Aixun T320 Soldering Station & Oscilloscope ?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Okto47Topic starter

• Contributor
Anyone owns a Aixun T320 Soldering Station & Oscilloscope ?
« on: December 22, 2023, 10:15:58 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone here owns a Aixun T320 soldering station and could measure the voltage between Tip and Ground please.

Just want to buy one but saw a video where the former model - T3A has about 1V from Tip to ground (ground from same wall socket). Even drives a speaker / buzzer that way between GND & Tip.

Would be nice to know if it’s the same with T320 or if it got solved.
Otherwise I would buy a Trafo station but the T420 is a bit pricey as 2nd station only that I doesn’t need to change hand pieces that often at my Pace ST-115. Maybe a Aifen or some used one then.

Offline JNorton

• Contributor
Re: Anyone owns a Aixun T320 Soldering Station & Oscilloscope ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 03:25:27 am »
Perhaps this is just me but I feel this whole problem is overated.  I've always unplugged anything I was servicing before I was soldering on it.  I do the same thing for the boards I'm servicing.  For the same reason, I disconnect my oscilloscope.  Perhaps I learned these habits by servicing tube gear where 250vdc on the plates was normal. Anything I'm soldering is not connected to the ground.  Just as an FYI in the 60s Ungar soldering irons were used in my electronics class.  One end of the copper tip was either connected to the hot phase of 110 AC or to the neutral lead depending on how the 2-prong plug was inserted in the AC outlet.  My brother discovered this and had sword fights with another student literally blowing chunks out of the copper tips.  The instructor was not pleased.  :)

I'm getting ready for bed.  Tomorrow I'll reconnect the ground lead on my T320 and measure the voltage from the tip to the ground for you.

Offline JNorton

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 02:22:34 pm »
I used the Axiun knife blade.  I measured the tip to the ground using the meter.  I did not notice the temperature rising when grounded.  It did briefly momentarily rise after disconnecting it from the ground.

The following users thanked this post: Okto47

Offline JNorton

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 02:51:39 pm »
I thought the current reading would be helpful to you.

The following users thanked this post: Okto47

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf