Author Topic: Station with a pump on budget and compatbile with JBC tips  (Read 1020 times)

Offline dinthTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi. Im on a very limited budget for my electronics hobby and limited space on my desk, but i still appreciate using some good equipment when soldering.
I used to have a soldering station with additional hot air from Aliexpress, but since the quality was not the best and it was taking a lot of space on my desk, a while ago i have decided to invest some money and - since i dont do a lot of large smd chips, ditch the hot air - and instead buy the following:
* Pinecil for soldering away from my desk
* T245 tip + components for building an Unisolder.
This sounded like a best "value for money" move i can make - not loosing much, gaining a lot (space on my desk, quality irons which heat up quickly and maintain the temperature + mobility) and it only stretched my budget for soldering tools by a bit.

I have already done all of that, but as soon as i sold the hot air i have realized that I'm not longer able to desolder even a simple 8 pin through-hole resistor matrix with the tools I've got. I havent thought about it earlier, but I do quite a lot of desoldering, so this is a major problem for me and i dont have money within my soldering equipment budget to fix it. Obviously, im aware that i will need to spend some extra money, but i want to find an optimal solution to get a quality desoldering gun, but saving money and desk space.

The perfect solution would be a JCB station (so i can still use T245 handle and tips which i bought) with desoldering pump but for around £100 used (something like Hakko 470/808 but from JBC), but i cannot find anything from JCB with a build in pump that cheap. Are there any other brand stations or opensource projects which work with T245s and support desoldering pumps?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 09:15:03 am by dinth »

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor

Offline dinthTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Station with a pump on budget and compatbile with JBC tips
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 11:40:14 am »
Sorry im somewhat confused about what is that (and the english description on Aliexpress is quite bad). Is that a whole soldering iron controller? Why is it so small? And can it be wired to a desoldering gun?

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Station with a pump on budget and compatbile with JBC tips
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »
it is controller board compatible with t12/jbc/fm2024 and additional stackig board with pump/valve controller.  if u stack both and also by fm2024, and pump motor u can wire this all in allin1 combo. noone said it would be easy in any way. but cheap yeah.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf