Author Topic: Hakko FX-889  (Read 4061 times)

Offline neslekkimTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hakko FX-889
« on: March 25, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
Have anyone seen this?

Looks like they doubled up the FX-888D, wonder if there is one or two transformers in that one?
Since the price on the FX888D now seems to be lowered quite a bit, like €98 I think, then the price on this is not that cheap, but compared to when then 888D came to market, this one is a real good offer for those who want to expand with tweezers and such.

I'm not so sure I like that they didn't change the UI on the unit though.. I managed to change calibration too often on my unit :)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: Hakko FX-889
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »
Somebody doubled up but it wasn't Hakko.  Yet another shameless clone of a Hakko product that doesn't exist.  I just looked on the Hakko USA website, no such item.  |O |O |O
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:44:17 pm »
Amazingly stable drone video. Cool music, too.

http://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_fx889_set.html

It's on this site. And it is new. Maybe check the hakkousa site later.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:49:03 pm by KL27x »

Offline neslekkimTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:39:27 pm »
Somebody doubled up but it wasn't Hakko.  Yet another shameless clone of a Hakko product that doesn't exist.  I just looked on the Hakko USA website, no such item.  |O |O |O

I actually checked that before posting..
https://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_fx889.html

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 12:36:14 pm »
OK, i'm the special one here. :palm:  Should have checked Hakko.com :palm: :palm:  Good thing I wash my feet regularly so they don't taste too bad :-DD  Now that I know it's real, it looks like a neat idea and has a nicer look to it than the FX-888D.  It doesn't look so much like a toy.  Nice selection of tools for it also. They also need to make the the FX-952 available for the US market.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 04:22:55 am »
Considering Batterfly's price on it is approximately 2.6X as much as an 888, I wonder how many they are going to sell. :) The form factor isn't incredibly smaller, or anything.

I have used my two 888's at the same time and it's nice having two separate stands. It seems like I would usually take the time to use two irons when doing two parts of a batch process. And only using one at a time, with the other iron pushed off to the side.

If just building a prototype, I would typically just choose the best tip that can do it all. Or stop and change tips... because really it's probably not that big a deal if prototyping.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf