Author Topic: Pace MBT-250 Short Motor Run?  (Read 709 times)

Offline Bill KelsoTopic starter

Pace MBT-250 Short Motor Run?
« on: December 28, 2023, 10:37:56 pm »
Hi, I did my do diligence and searched a few Pace MBT-250 threads but no answer to my problem.

Picked up a Pace MBT 250 for cheap. Just the unit Less the attachments. Anyway two of the plug in Accessory connectors worked Ok.. # 3 on the right did Nothing after I plugged in my Pace Soldering iron. Dead. So I did some searching and found that the header connector on the Mian board had two bad cold solder joints.

Resoldered them up and Bingo! It works fine like the Pace 250 MBT I have on my bench. Now here's the rub. Of course some electron monkey was in there playing repair tech. There is a sticker on the board that says "Won't Allow Motor to Continuously Run"   Well when you press the trigger on the Pace DE soldering tool it runs. But doesn't after run when you release the trigger

But..... Mine works and keeps the motor on for about 1 second. The unit I picked up stops the moment you release the trigger. However.. it does run fine and has plenty of Vacuum.

Trying to figure out what circuit keeps the motor on for about 1 sec. I have the manual and I'm looking at Page 59. Now all I have to do is figure out how they delay the run Voltage on.

Any Ideas?

Also This unit does not have nor does it look like it was built with an internal Visa Filter as the one used on the front with the DE soldering tool. It Is A Pace MBT-250  " PPS -85 Serial # 03-08 056.

I did see a thread here about Pace  Motor Vacuum problems. But nothing on Motor run time.

Thanks In Advance.

When Going Out On An Ambush.... Always Arrive Before The Enemy

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
Re: Pace MBT-250 Short Motor Run?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 11:19:01 pm »
Duplicate post.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf