Author Topic: [QUESTION] Defective Factory CH341A, which changes to do?  (Read 353 times)

Offline md5001996Topic starter

[QUESTION] Defective Factory CH341A, which changes to do?
« on: July 09, 2024, 07:13:32 am »
Anybody know which components to replace?

I see that Quartz crystal oscillator is 13Mhz (it says TXC 13.CUS37) must be 12Mhz, and C5 must be replaced with a 15~30pf capacitor (because that 0 ohm is a resistance acting as bridge). Although i do not know the size of C6 capacitor (must be 20pf)

Also, i dont know if C4 has the correct capacitor, because is small and must be 4.72nf.

Can someone validate me if it will work as I have it? and if not, what components to change besides the ones I named?

Maybe I'm wrong, that's why I ask here to know what to do really and not to lose my CH341a that I can not return to Amazon, since it arrived to me after 2 months.

Things I understand I should do after changing the wrong components:

* Do the mod from 5.5 to 3.3v by installing a switch that connects the VCC leg of the CH341A and switch between 5v (C2) and 3.3v (C1).

* The WP /HOLD mod (which I am not clear on what it fixes, but I would like to make the mod to ensure more compatibility). Although it seems that my ch341a has different tracks than other users, so i will need a new image to do correctly the mod in my ch341a. Besides that, I don't know which resistor value would be the ideal size for the mod ( 472, 271 or any libreboot recommended between 1k to 10k ohms ?)

Swich mod and wp /hold mod photos are not mine (it's todo photos). Any help will be appreciated!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:52:04 am by md5001996 »

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Danbridge-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Topward-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf