Author Topic: Need help , What happened to my machine!  (Read 1265 times)

Offline YikeTopic starter

• Contributor
Need help , What happened to my machine!
« on: January 05, 2022, 01:34:01 am »
Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what caused this? Thank you for your advice!

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Need help , What happened to my machine!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 02:08:47 am »
What unit is it?  Is it not working or just reporting bad version numbers?

You've given us no information to go on.

The following users thanked this post: Yike

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 05:01:40 am »
The acquisition board cannot work, but the FPGA firmware can be updated and the verification can be completed successfully when the DSO software is installed. However, the ready light on the front panel does not work, and the four channels cannot collect any signals. The cal port also has no output. After entering the service option, you can see the communication failure. I can confirm that all communication cables are OK.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:03:28 am by Yike »

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 08:33:10 am »

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 11:48:53 pm »
What unit is it?
You've given us no information to go on.

The following users thanked this post: Yike

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 02:12:55 am »
Sorry about my poor English! This is the acquisition board, My oscilloscope is LECROY WR625ZI, I don't have a schematic of it, After a survey of acquisition boards, is short on both ends in the images of capacitance, separate test capacitance, no fault in the capacitance, capacitance IC beside is TPS74401, also good, after removing the two components, the whole circuit still short circuit, because there is no schematic , so I do not know whether the capacitor connected to what components, can not go on to search for the problem! Could you help me look up the problem further?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:56:43 am by Yike »

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 03:33:15 am »
Well now we've got a bit of information!

I don't know a lot about the Zi series scopes, but I've worked with the earlier WP7000 series scopes, and the basic architecture is:
Normal PC -> PCI (probably PCIe in yours) interface card -> Acquisition board with the ADCs and frontend modules as daughterboards on the acquisition board.  The PC interface card communicates with the acquisition board for management and configuration, but all the data for the scope comes from separate links directly from the ADCs themselves.

You say the FPGA will update but won't report its version number?  Could it be that the interface board for the PC portion is the one that is updating?  I would expect if the management FPGA on the acquisition board is actually being upgraded, it would at least report its new version when the upgrade was complete, which could maybe point towards an initialization error if it would report the right one after the new firmware but not later.

Otherwise, it could be that the FPGA being updated is not the one managing the acquisition board, or that it's being reported as complete only because it is not returning an error (and it may not be doing anything).  Then there's a chance that the link between the acquisition board and PC interface card is not working - and if you've checked the cables you may have to track down what part of the link is failing.

Do the traces show up in XStream?  If you see no traces, you may actually have an issue with the ADC boards being unpowered or similar, as at least in older architectures, they will communicate on their own with the PC interface card even when the acquisition board itself is unresponsive.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 06:03:07 am »
Well now we've got a bit of information!

I don't know a lot about the Zi series scopes, but I've worked with the earlier WP7000 series scopes, and the basic architecture is:
Normal PC -> PCI (probably PCIe in yours) interface card -> Acquisition board with the ADCs and frontend modules as daughterboards on the acquisition board.  The PC interface card communicates with the acquisition board for management and configuration, but all the data for the scope comes from separate links directly from the ADCs themselves.

You say the FPGA will update but won't report its version number?  Could it be that the interface board for the PC portion is the one that is updating?  I would expect if the management FPGA on the acquisition board is actually being upgraded, it would at least report its new version when the upgrade was complete, which could maybe point towards an initialization error if it would report the right one after the new firmware but not later.

Otherwise, it could be that the FPGA being updated is not the one managing the acquisition board, or that it's being reported as complete only because it is not returning an error (and it may not be doing anything).  Then there's a chance that the link between the acquisition board and PC interface card is not working - and if you've checked the cables you may have to track down what part of the link is failing.

Do the traces show up in XStream?  If you see no traces, you may actually have an issue with the ADC boards being unpowered or similar, as at least in older architectures, they will communicate on their own with the PC interface card even when the acquisition board itself is unresponsive.

This is my acquisition board! Maybe a lot different from yours.
Is there anyone know the rough schematics of this board? And tell me the function of each connector and the definition or voltage value of each pin on this board.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 07:10:55 am by Yike »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf