Author Topic: Fluke 1720A Instrumentation controller floppy disks & keyboard connector ID ?  (Read 933 times)

Offline JimHearneTopic starter

Hi all,

I've just acquired one of these.
It's basically a TI 9900 cpu based computer with a mono wide screen CRT & a touchscreen !
Dates from 1980
It would normally boot from floppy and runs Flukes own FDOS

Of course mine came without a keyboard and any OS disks.
The keyboard i can sortby making a PS/2 to Fluke adaptor, the service manual gives full details of the keyboard.
Does anybody recognise the keyboard connector ?, 24 pins on alternator 3 pin (x4) and 4 pin (x3)rows.
Otherwise i will make a little pcb to fit in there and cnc a plastic body.

The floppy disks aren't so easy, does anybody have any idea where i could find some or disk images of them (i can hook up a Gotek floppy emulator).

Many thanks,

Jim

Can anybody suggest any other forums on the net that might be good for old Fluke gear.
Or any for Varian Sputters as that seems to be where a lot of these instrument controllers were used.

Many thanks,

Jim

Offline jsheradin

Sorry for resurrecting a dead post but I recently picked up a 1720A of my own. It came with a boot floppy for BASIC 1.6. I'm not entirely sure of the format but I was able to clone it using a Kryoflux in raw stream mode. The machine is able to boot from the cloned disk just fine.

Here's the raw stream files if you have means of writing your own or decoding it: https://archive.org/details/track18.0

I haven't had any luck finding other software for this thing unfortunately.

The following users thanked this post: tooki, fzabkar

Hi, thank you for posting that.

After i posted my message i actually acquired a Fluke 1780A InfoTouch Display which seems to be a cut down 1720A, this had an optional keyboard connector on the back which is the same as the 1720A

Before i got a chance to do something with that i managed to get hold of a couple of Fluke 1722A which is the later version with the TMS99105 processor.
These came with floppy emulators fitted and quite a few disk images and floppys.

If anybody needs these let me know here.

Jim

Offline jsheradin

If you have the images/floppies please do upload them somewhere like https://archive.org/

I'm not sure how backwards compatible they are but it can't hurt to try!

Hi,
I think i've uploaded them correctly to archive.org
https://archive.org/details/@jimhearne
I've not used it before so if somebody sees something i've filled in wrong please let me know.
I've uploaded the Fluke 1722A disc images i have in 3 different formats.
Also the various 1720A  and 1722A EPROM dumps I've made.
And the service manual for the 1720A , this i scanned in myself from a hard copy as at the time there wasn't a copy online for the 1720A

Jim

The following users thanked this post: bbqws60, jsheradin

Offline bbqws60

Hello, there are only two good images inside, and the other images are duplicates. If there is a chance, please create a new image file for other software and upload it. Thank you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf