Author Topic: Denon AVR-1910 blinking red light  (Read 3411 times)

Offline apellegr06Topic starter

Denon AVR-1910 blinking red light
« on: June 23, 2020, 04:41:48 pm »
Hi,

I have a Denon AVR-1910 and since yesterday when I power on it doesn't start and the power button is quickly blinking with red light.

I have tries to reset it, and also to unplug all wires but it still doesn't start.

I read in a discussion (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/denon-avr-1910-power-amp-repair/?action=post;last_msg=1433870) that some problem could be due to bad resistors or diod.

Does someone could help me to repair it ?

Regards
Alain

Offline SpecialK

• Regular Contributor
Re: Denon AVR-1910 blinking red light
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 12:07:50 am »
Service manual here. Search for "flashing red" page 21.

https://www.manualslib.com/download/997041/Denon-Avr-1910.html

Offline mzacharias

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:55:21 am »
Check the output of each voltage regulator during the interval before it shuts back off.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:32 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

@SpecialK, I have already look at this manual but I'm not an electronics engineer. I can make some solder but just if I know where :)
@mzacharias, I have an electronic tester but I don't know how to test what you say.

Regards
Alain

Offline mzacharias

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 01:14:16 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

@SpecialK, I have already look at this manual but I'm not an electronics engineer. I can make some solder but just if I know where :)
@mzacharias, I have an electronic tester but I don't know how to test what you say.

Regards
Alain

I cannot troubleshoot remotely.

It seems to me this repair is a little over your head.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 01:17:59 pm »
I don't have any help for the user, but I would have liked to see what the manual says about the flashing on page 21, but I can't download this manual (maybe registration needed)
edit: I guess the user ran away ...  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:24:12 pm by CharlotteSwiss »

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 09:31:00 am »
@mzacharias, thanks for the reply
@CharlotteSwiss, I'm still here  ;D here is what the manual says in attachment, I think there is a mistake in the workflow at the step "Is the fuse bown" between YES and NO, do you confirm ?

And here is some precisions on the behaviour of my Denon (test done without any wires connected, except for the power) :

1) With the button ON/OFF on OFF position : I put this button to ON => the denon starts, the ON/STANDBY button is fix red (in standby mode and it's normal !)
2) I push the ON/STANDBY button, it blinks green during 7 seconds and after a click sound it stops and the ON/STANDBY button is blinking RED quickly
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:45:37 am by apellegr06 »

Offline CharlotteSwiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 10:34:21 am »
ok, check the steps on page 21 of the manual, and report your measurements here.
there are competent people here, if you commit themselves they will help you, you cannot expect them to solve the problems from their home.
we understood each other?  :-+
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:32:47 am by CharlotteSwiss »

Offline jogri

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 12:14:31 pm »
Hmm, that thing seems to have been build like my Denon 1909 with the same problem. Mine blew its 5V voltage regulator, you should have a +5V connection on the ribbon cable connecting the front panel to the CPU board. Check if you get 5V there (maybe tell your multimeter to record the minimal/max voltage as the unit is going to shut off its main transformer when it detects a fault->you only have a few seconds to read the voltage). Or unplug everything (the connectors are a PITA to disconnect), bridge the relay contacts and measure the voltages directly at the power supply board.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 04:27:44 pm »
Hi all,

Finally, regarding several forum, I found that the more common issue for blinking red light are transistors or regulator, so I have orderd all new transistors and regulator and change them, and it's working.
My denon work again :)

Now, I want to add a fan to cool the air inside the case, can you tell me where to find a permanent 12v power supply after power on ?

Thank you all
Regard
Alain

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf