Author Topic: Creatronica - Analog ESR Meter Intro + Usage [ Compaq P-III Motherboard Repaired  (Read 11476 times)

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments

Hello Friends,

This is a Video That Has Introduction And Usage Of The Creatronica ESR Analog Capacitor Meter .The Example Here Was a Compaq Presario Socket 370 P-III Type Motherboard That Would Not Power Up Due To Defective " Pregnant "  Capacitors  .6 Out Of 7 Capacitors Were Bad In This Example .By The Way ESR Is Not Capacitor Value To Know More About ESR Of Capacitor Google It  .

PS :  Small Effort From My Side  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:12:59 pm by Amarbir[Lynx-India] »
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline zaoka

• Frequent Contributor
By The Way ESR Is Not Capacitor Value To Know More About ESR Of Capacitor Google It  .

We been using ESR meter since 1995, how about other members?

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
Sorry to say, but you really have to work on doing the videos with better quality.

The needle of that meter is simply not visible... and whoever recorded doesn't know how to focus properly. I understand you're in India and the internet is expensive and upload speeds may be low but still... luckily people can deduct from what you're saying.

... might be something about your country or something local, but capitalizing every first letter of your words really doesn't help to make what you're writing easier to read or understand. It has no meaning to me and probably a lot of people and it's annoying.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
Sorry to say, but you really have to work on doing the videos with better quality.

The needle of that meter is simply not visible... and whoever recorded doesn't know how to focus properly. I understand you're in India and the internet is expensive and upload speeds may be low but still... luckily people can deduct from what you're saying.

... might be something about your country or something local, but capitalizing every first letter of your words really doesn't help to make what you're writing easier to read or understand. It has no meaning to me and probably a lot of people and it's annoying.

Well,
      You are supposed to check the video not read any text .BTW might be some of you is gifting me something i can use for my video making lol .Well give me time slowly it would be done  ;D
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer

We been using ESR meter since 1995, how about other members?

Zaoka ,
    What esr meter are you using .My first one was dick smith kit mk-II
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:15:01 am by Amarbir[Lynx-India] »
Regards

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor

Well,
      You are supposed to check the video not read any text .BTW might be some of you is gifting me something i can use for my video making lol .Well give me time slowly it would be done  ;D

You're pointing at the meter and you say it says 1000 uF but nobody can see what actually is written on that meter. It's too blurry and out of focus.

As for better camera equipment I'd suggest checking the camcorder sections on eBay, a few days ago I spotted quite a few working cameras in the "faulty or spares only" section of "Camcorders" with minor flaws like screen cracked but still working or missing battery (can just plug it in an adapter and use it like that)... they went for 5-15$ a piece.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer

You're pointing at the meter and you say it says 1000 uF but nobody can see what actually is written on that meter. It's too blurry and out of focus.

As for better camera equipment I'd suggest checking the camcorder sections on eBay, a few days ago I spotted quite a few working cameras in the "faulty or spares only" section of "Camcorders" with minor flaws like screen cracked but still working or missing battery (can just plug it in an adapter and use it like that)... they went for 5-15$ a piece.

Sir ,
     Started To Play With a camcorder ,lets see if the same improves  .But thanks for the tip BTW . the camcorder uses firewire interface and then the outout is grabbed by a software and edited with windows movie maker in windows XP .Definately something is wrong in the procedure i follow the guality degrades .This photoshoot was one with a blackberry mobile phone  .I will sure work this out cos the output is not as expected .But the effort was not that bad  :)   
Regards

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
Well,
     Redoing The Same Thing again .Lets See How It Goes  .
Regards

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
If you're going to re-shoot and use the same cell phone camera, save your energy and don't bother, it will have same blurry video again, cause that tiny phone cam is not designed to do close up shot.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
If you're going to re-shoot and use the same cell phone camera, save your energy and don't bother, it will have same blurry video again, cause that tiny phone cam is not designed to do close up shot.

Sir ,
 This Time a Sony handycam dcr-hc38 ,Would Need Some Advice Too Will Shoot The Same first then ask the advice then try and implement that ,I am always of the opinion that negative feedback is for the betterment of the person and i always take it in the positive manner .
Regards

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
Hi that Indian Guy Amarbir , i just saw your latest video and camera work is much better , good stuff .
I automatically thought Spain when you mention EspaƱol but i see they are made in Argentina  , i like those analog meters and also think very good to have 2 if need be(1 digital) but to be straight i would prefer one of these creatronica , i look about on the net and see they make a humidity?/moisture meter/probe using the same style meter looks good too but again no rubber housing (but very nice box/case) http://www.creatronica.com.ar/medidor_humedad.htm , my only beef (not curry :D either) would be they need a rubber housing/protective thing like most these days like the one i showed in a pic awhile back .

Anyway good stuff!
Soon

Offline zaoka

• Frequent Contributor
I had few, first one I build from some russian magazine, second I got was MUL3333 (bad quality), than I got Sencore LC103 and right now I dont have one :D, however, I will be buying soon this meter as I think its the best one for repair business: Cap1B Capacitor Wizard

This is the only meter on the market that had all that ESR meter needs:

Voltage protection circuit
Range of up to 50ohm
Half of the range is for only up to 3 ohms which lets you accurately test large capacitors over 1000uF.
Analog meter for fast troubleshooting
Good quality - field tested

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
I had few, first one I build from some russian magazine, second I got was MUL3333 (bad quality), than I got Sencore LC103 and right now I dont have one :D , however, I will be buying soon this meter as I think its the best one for repair business: Cap1B Capacitor Wizard

This is the only meter on the market that had all that ESR meter needs:

Voltage protection circuit
Range of up to 50ohm
Half of the range is for only up to 3 ohms which lets you accurately test large capacitors over 1000uF.
Analog meter for fast troubleshooting
Good quality - field tested

Well,
      The Creatronica Manual Says Its Protected To 630 Volts "When front switch is on AC " .The Scape is Approx Excellent Till 10 Ohms .We Are Thinking of Distributing Midwestdevices Analog Meter too in india .Lets see how it goes  . 
Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf