Author Topic: SINAD Measurement  (Read 624 times)

Offline spongellaTopic starter

• Contributor
SINAD Measurement
« on: May 13, 2020, 10:02:18 am »
When measuring SINAD, what level should the volume of the DUT be at? I've done a few before but the service manuals never state what the volume should be.  I just set it at normal listening volume.  Thank you.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: SINAD Measurement
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 10:21:29 am »
In radio receivers, it is usually specified as this much SINAD at that signal level.
With A/D converters, level is either specified or it is presumed to be against full scale.
If you didn't already, take a look at https://www.analog.com/media/en/training-seminars/tutorials/MT-003.pdf

The following users thanked this post: spongella

Offline mojoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 09:35:39 am »
This should help.

Offline Ringmodulator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 04:31:30 pm »
Hi,

in therory, the SINAD is independent of the vloume, because it is a relative measurement where the absolute audio level is cancelled.

In practice, you may have a residual hiss, when the volume ist set very low. If the volume is set verry high, you may have excess distortion.

The recommended audio level is normally specified in the documentation of the SINAD Meter. SINAD meters have a certain input range for accurate measurements.

If you know nothing, start with the volume control at 10/11 o´clock and use a 4 or 8 Ohm terminator for the audio line.

Regards
Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf