Author Topic: Weighing system / dosing system project ideas  (Read 1049 times)

Offline BlaffetuurTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Weighing system / dosing system project ideas
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:33 pm »
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a company to do my master's thesis and it looks like I'm gonna be doing it in a company that's specializing in weighing systems and dosing systems for powders and granulates.

Now here's my question: Do you guy's know some cool projects that involve load cells/dosing systems/algorithms to become the best wheight out of a combination of multiple parts/.... anything !  :-//
That I can build as a home project so I can take something with me on my first interview ? ;D

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
Re: Weighing system / dosing system project ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:47:52 pm »
I wouldn't recommend that approach. Instead focus on finding out what that companies challenges are right now.
Find out why they want someone with your abilities.

That is what they are thinking about, and so that is what you need to try to learn about.

Then you can still build the project - with the confidence you are on target.

If you go the other way you will end up creating something they don't need - which will just sidetrack you and won't gain you any traction with the company.

Offline BlaffetuurTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:23:15 am »
I wouldn't recommend that approach. Instead focus on finding out what that companies challenges are right now.
Find out why they want someone with your abilities.

That is what they are thinking about, and so that is what you need to try to learn about.

Then you can still build the project - with the confidence you are on target.

If you go the other way you will end up creating something they don't need - which will just sidetrack you and won't gain you any traction with the company.

Good point, but I thought that since my thesis will be focused on industrial automation and not elecectronics. I still wanted to show off my interests in electronics by taking a project with me.

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:28:56 am »
Yeah I understand.

I'd suggest just taking in something you have done that is interesting and fits in your pocket/bag/folder.
So if they ask you what you can do/or have done, you can bring it out and show them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf