Author Topic: final year project choice -electronics and telecomm engg  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Scholes18Topic starter

final year project choice -electronics and telecomm engg
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:14 am »
Hey guys,I need some help in choosing final year project .I am interested in Embedded Systems project but the field is vast so I cant narrow down to any one ..Could you please tell me what are the latest trends in this field that I  can apply in my project.My budget is around $200.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: final year project choice -electronics and telecomm engg
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:47:11 am »
How long do you have?
Are there any recommended projects from your lecturer?
Do you have to have to build it yourself, or can you just cut code using existing modules?
Everything is internet connected these days. "Cloud" this, "Cloud" that .

Dave.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:36 am »
I have 3 days before 'project idea presentation'. We have to make a full fledged project software,hardware and documentation but that is later part of my semesters..My College profs have just told us that reference should be IEEE documents/magazine/conference but that can be taken care of if the idea is good . I prefer Embedded projects..I have one project topic which i find good "NETWORK CONTROLLED MONITORING SYSTEM USING ARM" but similar topic has been done 2 years ago so I doubt of getting it selected.Thanks for replying .

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:47:58 am »
I have 3 days before 'project idea presentation'. We have to make a full fledged project software,hardware and documentation but that is later part of my semesters..My College profs have just told us that reference should be IEEE documents/magazine/conference but that can be taken care of if the idea is good .

I don't quite understand what you mean here. Are you saying that they want you (ideally) to only implement a project idea that's in some IEEE paper?

I prefer Embedded projects..I have one project topic which i find good "NETWORK CONTROLLED MONITORING SYSTEM USING ARM" but similar topic has been done 2 years ago so I doubt of getting it selected.Thanks for replying .

It's been done countless times, as has practically everything you can think of!

Dave.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:21 am »
microcontroller driven quad-copter.

Sure it's been done before, but at least its fun to build :)

There's lots of room to add/remove complexity if needed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:02:01 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:01:31 am »
I think they mean refer from standard sources 
here is the link for projects my seniors have done...this are the kinds of projects i am looking for...

http://extc.spit.ac.in/student-projects/

Lots of time to implement (by march) but they want us to present our concept
I am not looking for absolute unique things if i could modify and make it better that would be good enough
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:11:32 am by Scholes18 »

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:13:12 am »

ya that can be shortlisted  :)

Offline KTP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:52:31 am »

Sure it's been done before, but at least its fun to build :)

There's lots of room to add/remove complexity if needed.

These things are awesome when they fail.  I have read on the open source list for the Arducopter that there have been cases of a user giving a "up" command then losing tx and the microcontroller just keeps going up...for miles!  Hmmm, maybe not so awesome...

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 11:58:25 am »

ya that can be shortlisted  :)

Make it WiFi networkable!

Dave.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »
These things are awesome when they fail.  I have read on the open source list for the Arducopter that there have been cases of a user giving a "up" command then losing tx and the microcontroller just keeps going up...for miles!  Hmmm, maybe not so awesome...

I've seen that actually happen with a Parrot AR drone. It kept going up and up until the wind caught it, then it flew miles away in a very short time.

Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline KTP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

I've seen that actually happen with a Parrot AR drone. It kept going up and up until the wind caught it, then it flew miles away in a very short time.

Exactly why I have not bought an arducopter even though I really want one.  It isn't all about the $800 in parts I would lose, but more about how I would feel if somehow it went up into restricted airspace and was sucked into the intake of a jetliner.  I know I know, very low chance of this happening, but still...these things are about 2kg...bigger than a bird strike.

Sorry OP for going slightly off topic.  What are your interests as a hobby?  I like to work on embedded stuff that relates to other non-electronic things I do, like sailing, hiking, dirt biking.

Offline jayblinds

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »
An interesting project is the Laser harp.

I just graduated from an EET program, and I based my design on Stephen Hobley's in the video.

You can make it as complicated, or as simple as you please. I used light dependent resistors to sense the laser beams and output MIDI commands to a synth based on which beams were cut.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf